Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

TheDarkFlame posted:

So, I know there aren't really standards for quality art in political cartoons, but what exactly is this? Having an art style that is sloppy and scratchy and kinda jank is one thing, but this looks something between a scribbled first-draft and some AI-generated garbage. I'd believe either, or somehow both. Look at whatever the hell that face is supposed to be, someone actually drew that and went "Sure, who cares, print it"?

it's a bit cubist but better than Edith Pritchett's venn diagrams in the guardian (and I'm sure she got that gig based on merit and nothing to do with being the daughter of £650,000/yr cartoonist Matt Pritchett)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
blower just doing a brown man with a massive nose and putting a KHAN badge on him instead of going to the bother of drawing a likeness

what a useless oval office

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Blower whenever he sees a Muslim man has been involved in a policy decision in the news
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXNqEURmKtA

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Betsy Hydes on Rishi Sunak’s urban housebuilding plans – Prime minister promises new focus on inner-city housebuilding projects"

Telegraph:

Tories clash over ‘nonsense’ Cambridge expansion

Matt:

Travel firms told they ‘must not fail’ Britons stranded after Rhodes wildfires

Times:

Evening Standard:

2030 ban on new petrol car sales is immovable, insists Gove

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Israeli prime minister’s recent heart operation – Netanyahu underwent an emergency procedure the day before his far-right government succeeded in voting in controversial supreme court changes" After Masaccio.
Also! "Bite the air in Britain and you can taste the prejudices that haunt us. I’m sorry I became part of that" - Martin Rowson

Telegraph:

Putin raises age limits for reservists to boost troop numbers

Matt:

Independent:

UK political parties are getting the jitters over green policies after a special election verdict After Gillray.

Times:

Petrol and diesel car ban ‘immovable’ says Michael Gove

Evening Standard:

Banks urged to learn lessons from Nigel Farage row after NatWest boss quits; Mick Jagger at 80: celebrating the frontman who changed everything

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Nigel Farage’s BBC interview with Nick Robinson – The former Ukip leader snapped back at the presenter’s ‘condescending’ tone in a heated Radio 4 interview"

Telegraph:

Matt:

How Alison Rose blew 30 years at NatWest in less than a month

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Price cap changes let British Gas profits balloon to near £1bn record

Stephen Collins:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
what's Jeremy Vine doing in BANK

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Blower there, just making up whatever poo poo he wants.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Lorna Miller: striking radiographers see through Sunak? – NHS radiographers staged a 48-hour strike over pay this week after the prime minister said the government’s pay offer of 6% was final"

Telegraph:

Kim Jong-un unveils new drones to Russia’s defence minister that rip-off US designs

Matt:

Heatwave of 2022 ‘will be an average British summer in 40 years’

Independent:

British Gas profits soar by staggering 889% to record £969m as households struggle with huge bills; After Edwin Starr et al.

Times:

Andrew Malkinson condemns police as ‘liars’ after he is cleared of rape

Evening Standard:

July heatwaves ‘would have been almost impossible without climate change’

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Telegraph:

Tory councils want powers to halt Ulez expansion after Sadiq Khan wins legal battle

Matt:

Independent:

After Ugo Giannattasio.

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Brexit meets global boiling – As the world swelters, Britain goes its own way"

Sunday Telegraph:

"Starmer has the political clout to stop Ulez – but divided parties don't win elections"

Matt:

Sunday Times:

MoD officials emailed state secrets to Putin ally by mistake

Mail on Sunday:

“Today's weather at The Oval? Depends who's winning, cobbers” Play abandoned as Australia chase England target of 384 on day four of fifth Test – as it happened

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on PM’s latest helicopter jaunt – As experts say ‘era of global boiling’ has arrived, Rishi Sunak decides to dodge trains again as he makes 400-mile round trip"

Telegraph:

Putin suggests African or Chinese peace initiatives could help end Ukraine war Burkina Faso on the left, Uganda on the right.

Times:

Evening Standard:

Rishi Sunak announces hundreds of new oil and gas licences for UK despite global warming

Stephen Collins:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That Times might be a hate crime against my eyes if not Rishi.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

If your school also had holidays two weeks earlier without being a private school, thank your local trade unions and chamber of commerce.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on the Moscow drone attacks – The Russian defence ministry said two drones smashed into an office complex in an ‘attempted terrorist attack’"

Telegraph:

Labour ban on new North Sea oil and gas will drive up energy bills, Sunak to warn

Matt:

Times:

Rishi Sunak unveils new North Sea oil drilling and carbon capture scheme — as it happened

Evening Standard:

Consumers to see ‘biggest single alcohol duty increase in almost 50 years’ :ohdear:

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Rishi Sunak’s promise to ‘max out’ North Sea oil – PM’s plans to hand out at least 100 licences to drill for fossil fuels have been described as catastrophic for the climate"

Telegraph:

Moscow skyscraper hit by second drone attack in three days

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Donald Trump set to appear in court charged with plot to overturn election

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Donald Trump’s indictment – Former US president faces federal charges for attempting to overturn result of the 2020 election" After Rodin.

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Bank of England raises interest rates to new 15-year high of 5.25% in 14th consecutive hike; London warned to brace for thunderstorms as ‘heavy’ downpours expected

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
looool old antifa Joe Biden :kstare:

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Ah yes, January 6th, that event where there were famously two large mobs fighting each other

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i'm gonna shop the oval office in to the white house for disinformation

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
pipe me off from the hinge end Blower

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the latest indictment of Donald Trump – Donald Trump is expected to plead not guilty to charges that he conspired to defraud the United States among other crimes in his quest to subvert the results of the 2020 presidential election"

Telegraph:

Interest rates could remain above 5pc until 2026, Bank warns

Matt:

End of an era as Volvo axes its estate cars

Independent:

Times:

The PM break — Rishi Sunak does Disneyland; Six months on Rishi Sunak may be set to fail on his five pledges

Evening Standard:

Donald Trump’s motorcade blocked by goats on return to New Jersey golf club

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on the latest interest rate rise – Bank of England governor Andrew Bailey’s attempts to squeeze inflation out of the UK economy risk causing higher unemployment, say experts"

Telegraph:

"Why inflation relief for Sunak will fail to halt years of pain for households"; Storm Antoni causes accident surge in Devon as winds hit 55mph

Matt:

The i paper:

Times:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Davey can't even get the correct colour on the Star Fleet uniforms, smdh.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Donald Trump has the Republican party tied up in knots – The former president protests his innocence – and his followers believe him"

Sunday Telegraph:

Naval drone attack damages sanctions-busting Russian tanker off Crimea

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

“Vigilance, that’s what was lacking in the Yorkshire police… vigilance, alertness and... ’ello, what was that noise?” Why weren't they stopped? Ex-police chief slams 'major security breach' and demands probe after Greenpeace activists climbed on roof of Rishi Sunak's £2m Yorkshire mansion and draped it with black banners - as PM jets off to California on holiday

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Thérèse Coffey ignoring post-Brexit green watchdog – The environment secretary has rejected advice that the UK should retain EU-era national emissions ceiling regulations" Also Fifty-seven swimmers fall sick and get diarrhoea at world triathlon championship in Sunderland

Telegraph:

Times:

Migrants could go to Ascension Island if Rwanda policy fails

Evening Standard:

First asylum seekers arrive on Bibby Stockholm barge despite safety concerns; Fire rips through historic Crooked House pub days after sale to private buyer

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the Tories’ attempts to make the UK unwelcoming to arrivals – After a summer of driving rain and polluted beaches, does Britain need to be made any more unappetising?"

Telegraph:

Sending migrants to Ascension Island is a ‘non-starter’, officials tell Home Office

Matt:

Bosses who hire illegal migrants ‘face ruin’

Times:

Liz Truss hands out one gong for every four days she was in No 10

Evening Standard:

David Squires:

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
Was the Telegraph this unhinged when they did away with leaded petrol?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Blower's brain is 90% tetraethyl lead so if they weren't he was.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's no Paul Thomas.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ella Baron on the uncertainty facing arrivals to the UK – Inadequate safe and legal ways of claiming asylum make life precarious for people coming to Britain"

Telegraph:

Pitfalls of the Government’s net zero boiler ban explained :latestfad:

Matt:

Independent:

Suella Braverman says new task force to crack down on ‘immoral immigration lawyers’

Times:

Evening Standard:

Londoners could receive millions in compensation as water firms face sewage lawsuit

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Lee Anderson and the Bibby Stockholm barge – Downing Street has backed the Conservative deputy chair, Lee Anderson, after he said people seeking asylum should ‘gently caress off back to France’ if they did not like being housed on the Bibby Stockholm barge" After William Dyce.

Telegraph:

"China faces an economic perfect storm – with potentially catastrophic consequences"

Matt:

Owners of Britain’s wonkiest pub hired digger used to demolish it days before fire

Independent:

Times:

China dissidents fear for safety after polling data cyberattack

Evening Standard:

Jamie Reid the artist who designed covers for Sex Pistols’ albums dies

Bonus!

Rail commuters face ‘new kick in teeth’ with hefty season ticket rise

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the Tory deputy chair and small boat arrivals – Lee Anderson shocked many with his crude hostility to those who have made the perilous journey across the Channel"

Telegraph:

:sun: UK weather: Sunshine at last after worst August storm in 30 years :supaburn:

Matt:

Wonky pub arsonists ‘must pay for what they have done’

Independent:

Government’s ‘small boats week’ ends in humiliation as barge evacuated over legionnaires’ disease fears

Times:

Rishi Sunak’s five pledges hanging in the balance after several setbacks

Evening Standard:

"Help! I’m a Guppie: an under-40 who’s given up on buying a house"

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ella Baron on Rishi Sunak and the climate crisis – No room at the table for net zero advocates as Defra ordered to cut Greenpeace ties"

Telegraph:

Bonus! Dave Brown's Twitter:

"Economy more or less flatlining. Per cap GDP figures show UK in very poor shape. #Hunt says "We're laying strong foundations needed to grow the economy". [NB This is not the published version - Hunt's mother brother died, so to avoid green ink letters, I inserted #Sunak at last minute]"

Matt:

Harry Kane joins Bayern Munich but striker says ‘it’s not goodbye’; Nadine Dorries should ‘get on with it’ and quit, says cabinet minister John Glen

Independent:

After Goya.

The i paper:

Times:

Junior doctors’ strike: Wards seek exemptions for NHS emergency care; Crooked House should be rebuilt, Historic England insists

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Davey really phoned in that last minute replacement but also lol at god killing more and more of Jeremy Hunt's family with cancer and him still not flinching when it's time to sell the NHS to the yanks

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Britannia rues her polluted air and water – Rishi Sunak ignores toxic particulates and sewage to focus on minimal growth"

Sunday Telegraph:

Pothole repair funding halves since 2006

Matt:

Sunday Times:

"Bibby Stockholm may have become a symbol of asylum chaos but who is making money?"

Mail on Sunday:

‘Hang on there, Dr Willoughby. In just 36 hours and ten minutes, you’ll be our top emergency…’

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on a challenging week for Rishi Sunak’s stop the boats policy – During the government’s ‘small boats week’ of policy initiatives, at least six people died in the Channel and estimated total crossings passed 100,000"

Telegraph:

UK borrowing costs surge to mini-Budget levels after GDP leap

Times:

Evening Standard:

Health Secretary defends action over Legionella-hit asylum seeker barge

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on reports Julian Assange may be offered a plea deal – The US may be considering taking a less harsh view of the Wikileaks founder, currently in jail in London, in return for some admission of guilt"

Telegraph:

Russia raises interest rate to 12pc as economic woes deepen

Times:

Rishi Sunak blames strikes for high NHS waiting lists

Evening Standard:

Donald Trump: All the criminal cases former US president faces

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Trump’s 2024 presidential election goal – Amid numerous criminal charges – and more trials to come – Donald Trump is still in the running for the Republican nomination for next year’s US election"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Inflation falls to 6.8% in July - mostly driven by lower energy prices; Australia vs England: Women’s World Cup prediction, kick-off time, TV, live stream, team news, h2h, odds today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the cost of living crisis – Price rises leaving many in UK struggling to cope"

Telegraph:

A-level results: More pupils awarded top grades than in any pre-pandemic year

Independent:

Times:

Australia v England: Lionesses create history by reaching Women’s World Cup final

Evening Standard:

Also!
https://twitter.com/toonistsrights/status/1691824383734477004