Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
The pace of development is so frustrating because it feels like they have something so close to greatness and they are squandering the chance they have.

Like you can see the love that went into this game. The core gameplay is so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I wonder if we'll get 2nd classes before the game is 1 year old.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Richard Bong posted:

The pace of development is so frustrating because it feels like they have something so close to greatness and they are squandering the chance they have.

Like you can see the love that went into this game. The core gameplay is so good.

This is the true fatshark experience.

V2 will keep its legs I think, but Darktide is going to face some heavy competition soon with coop/horde shooters. Space Marine 2, Remnant 2, Helldivers 2, Payday 3 are all currently still slated for 2023

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I'm hoping that there will be something interesting in the next few months, after going on a vacation with no PC for 3+ weeks I'm not exactly itching to play until the next big content drop.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Fishstick posted:

This is the true fatshark experience.

V2 will keep its legs I think, but Darktide is going to face some heavy competition soon with coop/horde shooters. Space Marine 2, Remnant 2, Helldivers 2, Payday 3 are all currently still slated for 2023

Of those games only Payday 3 and Hell Divers 2 is anywhere near to being the same genre (replayable horde co-op shooter with progression mechanics) imo, outside of the being co-op part.

Good news for those waiting btw: Remnant 2 is loving awesome, highly recommend picking it up. Great solo or with friends.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
The real heroes of this game are minimum height Zealots who keep their flamer streams low.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

God it already sucks playing a min height Vet and having to look up to headshot or hit heads in melee. Can't imagine that for Zealot lol

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Evil Kit posted:

God it already sucks playing a min height Vet and having to look up to headshot or hit heads in melee. Can't imagine that for Zealot lol

lmao needing to look at heads. Just M1 heavy sword.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

skaianDestiny posted:

lmao needing to look at heads. Just M1 heavy sword.

C'mon now skaian I'm the one who stanned for Heavy Swords big time after their buffs with another goon lol.

It helps to hit heads and not having to think about it helps even more, just chop looking straight forward

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I thought I read long ago that height only showed up visually in the starter area but not during gameplay, is that not true?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

tangy yet delightful posted:

I thought I read long ago that height only showed up visually in the starter area but not during gameplay, is that not true?

Absolutely not true lol. It affects your hitbox (which matters more for hiding behind things specifically) and how high your viewpoint is off the ground. Not sure where you read that info.

Max height humans can line up heads without much aiming, min height humans need to look upa significant amount to the point it's kind of a pain. Max height Ogryn can have trouble with enemies right up on them, you can literally swing over something's head if you're too close lol.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jul 24, 2023

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

lol welp, not gonna make my Ogryn any smaller because it would feel wrong but I'll keep it in mind for when I make a Vet or Zealot.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
Frame rate down for no reason and game is laggy

Why do I love this game

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

celewign posted:

Why do I love this game

F

"Yer DOOOOOUMED"

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

celewign posted:

Why do I love this game

Box.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

New commlink:

https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/community-comm-link-27th-july-2023/82057

quote:

Rejects, This is Catfish, Darktide Community Manager, here with another comm-link update.

The comms team is back from its break and so are comm-links! Due to the summer hiatus, this edition will be shorter than usual. We will also have a slower pace of Comm-links for the foreseeable future, to make way for more varied types of comms, such as dev blogs.

Here is what you can expect for the coming weeks on Darktide:

On August 3rd, we will publish a Dev Blog focusing on upcoming changes in Patch #12 (1.1.20), giving you an in-depth look at our plans for account based currencies, perk refinements, adjustments to crafting locks and options on the mission board.

In the first half of August we will be releasing Patch #12 alongside its patch notes.

See you next week for the Dev Blog!

Sounds like some changes the community really yelled for, but no new content until earliest end of august.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Oh man, that does sound promising.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Account based currencies

ACCOUNT BASED CURRENCIES

This better be good!

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
My hopes for the updates:

-allow players to view each other's loadouts on the pre-mission screen; allow solo-queue folks the opportunity to swap characters when they join a group that already has their class

-let players reroll locked item stats/perks for a diamantine fee

-where is that battlecry feature, dammit

-remove difficulties as a factor from the mission board - you pick the map+modifiers from what's available, but difficulty is decided by the host

-more trinket slots/locations - lemme wear bolter shells as ogryn earrings, or sport a fashionable detached cyborg eye from my backpack

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I want a storm bolter for my Ogryn.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

quote:

I want a two-handed mace for my Ogryn.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

quote:

I want a Leman Russ battle-cannon for my Ogryn.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Executioner cannon :engleft:

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Stanley Pain posted:

Executioner cannon :engleft:

Counterpoint: Punisher cannon. More brrrrrrt.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Serpentis posted:

Counterpoint: Punisher cannon. More brrrrrrt.

Hereticalpoint: Punisher/Executioner Combi Canon :q:

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

I just want the Rejects United song to release on Spotify :negative:

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

ChickenHeart posted:

My hopes for the updates:

-allow players to view each other's loadouts on the pre-mission screen; allow solo-queue folks the opportunity to swap characters when they join a group that already has their class

-let players reroll locked item stats/perks for a diamantine fee

-remove difficulties as a factor from the mission board - you pick the map+modifiers from what's available, but difficulty is decided by the host

-more trinket slots/locations - lemme wear bolter shells as ogryn earrings, or sport a fashionable detached cyborg eye from my backpack

These are great ideas.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

ChickenHeart posted:

It's a mod. The devs even recorded a bunch of voicelines for it and most of the functionality but for some reason just left the modders to actually activate it. Other players without the mod can even hear you using it.

Also it's especially funny with the Loner Psyker because they either say "For the Emperor" extremely sarcastically or cheer about how they're still alive.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

skaianDestiny posted:

It's a mod. The devs even recorded a bunch of voicelines for it and most of the functionality but for some reason just left the modders to actually activate it. Other players without the mod can even hear you using it.

Also it's especially funny with the Loner Psyker because they either say "For the Emperor" extremely sarcastically or cheer about how they're still alive.

ah, I was under the impression that it was slated for an official release at some point, like as an expansion to the comms wheel.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

skaianDestiny posted:

If "getting spammed by voicelines" was the reason for not implementing it as a base feature, letting non-modded players hear it too is certainly... a choice.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Fishstick posted:

If "getting spammed by voicelines" was the reason for not implementing it as a base feature, letting non-modded players hear it too is certainly... a choice.

It doesn't even spam a lot. It doesn't play if you use it too soon after playing it and it gets overwritten/quieted by other voicelines.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Maybe they're saving it for a big patch? Or it needs a translation pass or something because it seems pretty ready.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
The Loner Psyker has multiple voice lines calling the Emperor "the Carrion Lord" and I'm wondering how that isn't over the line to getting a bullet in his incomparable mind. I use Male Loner Psyker, I love it, I'm just saying I'm pretty sure that's what Chaos Marines call the Emperor.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

SuperKlaus posted:

The Loner Psyker has multiple voice lines calling the Emperor "the Carrion Lord" and I'm wondering how that isn't over the line to getting a bullet in his incomparable mind. I use Male Loner Psyker, I love it, I'm just saying I'm pretty sure that's what Chaos Marines call the Emperor.

The Female Loose Cannon Vet has some very Khorne-y lines that have had anyone I'm playing with and myself going "uh excuse me?"

There's probably some solid reasons why the Rejects were on that prison ship lol

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

SuperKlaus posted:

a Zealot voice screams "blood for the God Emperor, skulls for the golden throne" on charge

this job is a way for the inquisitor to combine getting the PCs killed and briefly inconveniencing the Ruinous Powers. Interrogator Badhaircut was probably given a polite nod from his boss for having the idea.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

a Zealot voice screams "blood for the God Emperor, skulls for the golden throne" on charge

this job is a way for the inquisitor to combine getting the PCs killed and briefly inconveniencing the Ruinous Powers. Interrogator Badhaircut was probably given a polite nod from his boss for having the idea.

I was listening to a Kill Team podcast, and apparently this is the Pre-heresy battlecry of the War Hounds (before they became the World Eaters, who's Battle cry is Blood for the Blood God, Skulls for The Skull Throne, Milk for the Khorne Flakes :v:).

This was in a recentish Heresy book, so this is most definitely retconning the World Eater's Battlecry, which is a bit rubbish.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Legit Businessman posted:

I was listening to a Kill Team podcast, and apparently this is the Pre-heresy battlecry of the War Hounds (before they became the World Eaters, who's Battle cry is Blood for the Blood God, Skulls for The Skull Throne, Milk for the Khorne Flakes :v:).

This was in a recentish Heresy book, so this is most definitely retconning the World Eater's Battlecry, which is a bit rubbish.

It's probably not a retcon and more supposed to be a fun reference, considering how much dialogue there is of really niche Warhammer lore bits the various classes will bring up.

I've heard, in no particular order:

-the felinid abhumans (aka catgirls/catboys) get referenced by the male dreamer
-bodyguard Ogryn mention the space marine acid spit

And some others I don't remember off the top of my head. Someone at Fatshark is clearly a fan of the silly lore in the universe

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Evil Kit posted:

It's probably not a retcon and more supposed to be a fun reference, considering how much dialogue there is of really niche Warhammer lore bits the various classes will bring up.

I've heard, in no particular order:

-the felinid abhumans (aka catgirls/catboys) get referenced by the male dreamer
-bodyguard Ogryn mention the space marine acid spit

And some others I don't remember off the top of my head. Someone at Fatshark is clearly a fan of the silly lore in the universe

It can't all be grimdark, cannit?

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

celewign posted:

Frame rate down for no reason and game is laggy

Why do I love this game

Steam said I haven't played in four months. I had a really great time zapping stuff as a psyker for four minutes before I crashed to desktop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/dev-blog-into-the-maelstrom/82164

New dev blog, no mention of allowing you guys to play the game but theres some other nice stuff in there