Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
It feels like Vegas should be using the Golden Saucer music...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I believe Yoship's previous response to demand for a butt slider were to shame the people who just wanted to turn it all the way up. I agree, I have never seen anybody ask for a slightly bigger butt, it's always badonkadonk or nothing.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Being caked better suits a hero.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Valentin posted:

my only update so far from a fanfest attending friend is that they're playing the sharlayan theme in the convention center which is so funny to me. yoshi-p presents: real life aetheryte plaza.

Back during the first EU fanfest in 2014, they played the Gridania day theme in the refreshments area (which they called the Carline Canopy during it).

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

I believe Yoship's previous response to demand for a butt slider were to shame the people who just wanted to turn it all the way up. I agree, I have never seen anybody ask for a slightly bigger butt, it's always badonkadonk or nothing.

TBH this is relatable since everyone is pretty much a pancake right now and yeah :sigh:

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I've just awoke with important news. Yoshi-P came to me in my dreams and told me they're adding Brewer as a new crafting job.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Now that's an out there prediction, a new crafting job. Would drinks be a separate food buff or just an alternate path?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Homemaker: crafts all housing-related things

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Kwyndig posted:

Now that's an out there prediction, a new crafting job. Would drinks be a separate food buff or just an alternate path?

I feel like it would be easier to add a new gatherer than add a new crafter.

Give me Archaeology, YoshiP!!!!!!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Kwyndig posted:

I would literally rather kill myself than set an rear end slider to anything but maximum

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Actually would be really nice if they did a housing 2.0 to go with the graphical update. Make it easier to place objects without using 3rd party tools or bugs. They've been adding mod functionality to the game a lot in the 6.x patches, so I could see them do more. Better death recaps and the mod that displays currently playing music would be good additions, too.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Kwyndig posted:

simply make the maximum so large that no sane person would choose it

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Flavahbeast posted:

i've seen popular skyrim mods - i don't think this is possible

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Flavahbeast posted:

This goes horribly right when someone creates a character that is literally all rear end

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Firebert posted:

Actually would be really nice if they did a housing 2.0 to go with the graphical update. Make it easier to place objects without using 3rd party tools or bugs. They've been adding mod functionality to the game a lot in the 6.x patches, so I could see them do more.

All housing will be removed. Forever. As a result, Glamour Chest Storage will be increased by 25. Please look forward to it.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Sunday Morning posted:

i've seen popular skyrim mods - i don't think this is possible

I feel like the FFXIV mod community itself is enough to demonstrate that some people will push any "grotesque sex cartoon" option to its limit and then beg for more

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Regalingualius posted:

This goes horribly right when someone creates a character that is literally all rear end

drat you, Assian!

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
My wishlist for 7.0:

- Unlock glamours. Everything in the chest is considered "all classes" for the purposes of glam, even the weapons. gently caress it. Jank it up. Let me do RDM tricks with a battle axe. Who cares?
- Some kind of job where you turn into a primal for a bit but not Ifrit/Titan/Garuda... Give me Ramuh, Leviathan and Shiva. Weapon is balls that you juggle. Sure. They're kept in a fancy bag that you wear.
- Companion glamours. Let me bring out different mounts to fight beside.
- Another dimension hop. What about other shards that still haven't been rejoined or screwed up? What's going on there?

None of these will happen.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The rear end slider will function on all races exactly as the bust size slider on Lalafell females does.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

As a secret honeypot for pedophiles?

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

HackensackBackpack posted:

- Another dimension hop. What about other shards that still haven't been rejoined or screwed up? What's going on there?
None of these will happen.

Other shards were on Emet-Selch's Big List of Places We're Going to Visit During the Next Few Expansions' Story Arc so that one is going to happen eventually, though probably not in 7.0.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Regalingualius posted:

Zenos already exists.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

OddObserver posted:

Zenos already exists.

lol

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I know that visits to other shards will inevitably involve their internal problems (or ticking time bombs the Ascians seeded), because that's what a plot is made of, but it'd be pretty funny to just roll up to the 11th or whatever and it's completely normal and calm

"Everything cool over here? No big issues? Rad, let me just explain the huge metaphysical snarl we're all in, and then I'll leave you guys to it"

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

lovingly fine-tuning the booty to just the perfect shape

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Give me the Thirteenth as an adventuring foray

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Antivehicular posted:

I know that visits to other shards will inevitably involve their internal problems (or ticking time bombs the Ascians seeded), because that's what a plot is made of, but it'd be pretty funny to just roll up to the 11th or whatever and it's completely normal and calm

"Everything cool over here? No big issues? Rad, let me just explain the huge metaphysical snarl we're all in, and then I'll leave you guys to it"

G'Raha should just repeat his time travel trick on every remaining shard until the tower connects them all like in Legend or Mystic Quest.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Thank you various posters who appreciate a perfectly sculpted rear end. No thanks to the perverts who want huge butts.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
the thirteenth becomes a variant

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kwyndig posted:

Thank you various posters who appreciate a perfectly sculpted rear end. No thanks to the perverts who want huge butts.

You are weak and will not survive the winter.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

7.0 guessing:

- between the gold statue imagery at fanfest and the gold design on the letter to krile I am guessing new world at this point. in addition to what we already know, the new world will take some design cues from FFX's spira (you could straight up import the fayth and aeons as an alternate understanding of primals). FFX works bc it's both a main series example of a design departure of sorts as well as one of the most popular FFs in Japan, as I understand it.

- initial hook is an expedition to the new world for reasons to do with magic/prophecy, which is why letters went to students of baldesion (magic mystery investigators) and thancred and urianger (PhDs in survival & prophecy).

- We'll bring graha, krile, thancred, urianger, and zero. Krile will be a new caster dps. Estinien and yshtola join later in the expansion, twins sit this one out in preparation for a 7.X or 8.0 model update. We pick up two new world party members for 7.0, only one stays with the scions going forward.

- new caster dps: geomancer. bells/hammers. Krile picks it up between expansions and refines her understanding pf it in the new world.

- new ranged dps: ace or striker. ball and shoes or gloves. definitely blitzball inspired but with broader themes around morale, teamwork, and cool trick shots. maybe a buff system more akin to AST than BRD or DNC to reflect the idea of adjusting a game plan on the fly and setting up party members for big plays. One of the new world party members has the class.

- cover job: also the blitzball ranged dps. we can play whatever ball game it is derived from against a new world party member in the opening like the MNK fight with lyse in SB

- it is renamed from "the new world" immediately, possibly in an early trailer, chiefly so the marketing copy does not have to constantly incorporate the name of Amazon's failed MMO, partly to better set up the tone of the expansion with whatever the new name is, and a little bit for the concerns raised about the name generally.

- 7.4 and 7.5 return to the subject of yshtola trying to figure out intershard travel, setting up 8.0.

- at this or another fanfest they will announce the zodiark/hydaelyn saga story skip, enabling new players to start at 6.1. they will also announce femhroth.

- it's never gonna happen guesses: completed grand companies. New minion game that is not lords of verminion (blitzball maybe). All 7.0 normal MSQ trials doable with trusts.

Valentin fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jul 28, 2023

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I don't want the new world yet, I still have to get through BLU 50's arena fights

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
this just makes it sound like we're gong to Brazil

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

why not? warrior of light come to brazil

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Go to Brazil to get a butt lift. Finally, the butt slider will arrive

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Once we hit Meracydia I'm going to start calling the House of Splendors Cashies.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Valentin posted:

7.0 guessing:

- between the gold statue imagery at fanfest and the gold design on the letter to krile I am guessing new world at this point. in addition to what we already know, the new world will take some design cues from FFX's spira (you could straight up import the fayth and aeons as an alternate understanding of primals). FFX works bc it's both a main series example of a design departure of sorts as well as one of the most popular FFs in Japan, as I understand it.

- initial hook is an expedition to the new world for reasons to do with magic/prophecy, which is why letters went to students of baldesion (magic mystery investigators) and thancred and urianger (PhDs in survival & prophecy).

- We'll bring graha, krile, thancred, urianger, and zero. Krile will be a new caster dps. Estinien and yshtola join later in the expansion, twins sit this one out in preparation for a 7.X or 8.0 model update. We pick up two new world party members for 7.0, only one stays with the scions going forward.

- new caster dps: geomancer. bells/hammers. Krile picks it up between expansions and refines her understanding pf it in the new world.

- new ranged dps: ace or striker. ball and shoes or gloves. definitely blitzball inspired but with broader themes around morale, teamwork, and cool trick shots. maybe a buff system more akin to AST than BRD or DNC to reflect the idea of adjusting a game plan on the fly and setting up party members for big plays. One of the new world party members has the class.

- cover job: also the blitzball ranged dps. we can play whatever ball game it is derived from against a new world party member in the opening like the MNK fight with lyse in SB

- it is renamed from "the new world" immediately, possibly in an early trailer, chiefly so the marketing copy does not have to constantly incorporate the name of Amazon's failed MMO, partly to better set up the tone of the expansion with whatever the new name is, and a little bit for the concerns raised about the name generally.

- 7.4 and 7.5 return to the subject of yshtola trying to figure out intershard travel, setting up 8.0.

- at this or another fanfest they will announce the zodiark/hydaelyn saga story skip, enabling new players to start at 6.1. they will also announce femhroth.

- it's never gonna happen guesses: completed grand companies. New minion game that is not lords of verminion (blitzball maybe). All 7.0 normal MSQ trials doable with trusts.

What's this about gold statues?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Countblanc posted:

What's this about gold statues?
https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1684337840795291648
The convention imagery has a lot of gold statues of Hollywood WoL.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Will the fan fest mount leave the store at any point or just be full price later on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Consummate Professional posted:

Will the fan fest mount leave the store at any point or just be full price later on?

If it's like the bike and whale it will just be $37 but remain in the cash shop.