Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/HyGrnQa.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Is this the thread where I can, Tourette’s-like, repeat the phrase ‘Bible Bonkers’?

Baby Billy’s Bible Bonkers.

Baby Billy.

Bible Bonkers.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Did anyone else notice Eli getting emotional when Aunt Tiff handed him the doll(s)? :smith:

Handsome Ralph posted:

That and "stop crying, no one wants to ransom you!" had me in tears.

:same:

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Read After Burning posted:

Did anyone else notice Eli getting emotional when Aunt Tiff handed him the doll(s)? :smith:

:same:

I did, and I continue to enjoy that while Aunt Tiff is a punchline because everyone is on this show at one point or another, certain members of the family have really accepted her like Judy, and it's a nice touch.

Honestly the entire show continues to strike a really fine balance between punchline/sympathy for the whole cast.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Mirotic posted:

I did, and I continue to enjoy that while Aunt Tiff is a punchline because everyone is on this show at one point or another, certain members of the family have really accepted her like Judy, and it's a nice touch.

Honestly the entire show continues to strike a really fine balance between punchline/sympathy for the whole cast.

Same with BJ being kind to Keefe this episode. :kiddo:

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

:bisonyes:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Has anyone speculated that the finale will have a Gemstones vs. Montgomery showdown on Baby Billy's Bible Bonkers?

Because that needs to happen.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Is this the thread where I can, Tourette’s-like, repeat the phrase ‘Bible Bonkers’?

Baby Billy.

Bible Bonkers.

ever since the show was first brought up all I can think is that bible bonkers makes no sense for a quiz show

it should be baby billy's bible bogglers

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Jose Oquendo posted:

Has anyone speculated that the finale will have a Gemstones vs. Montgomery showdown on Baby Billy's Bible Bonkers?

Good god I had never considered that and now if they don't do it this season might be a failure.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I'm not the first person to do this but

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Jose Oquendo posted:

I thought it might after they had the first aborted practice attempt. It seemed too good an idea not to come back to.

One thing I did like was how thoroughly Peter exposed the Gemstones for how useless they actually are at the thing they should be doing. It's been a running theme of the season anyway (arguably the show), but to see it in action is painful. When they don't have the bright lights and the music and the song and dance and all the work other people do for them they're completely lost.

To that end, how would they even do on a show like that? When was the last time they likely read a Bible?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
Amber probably reads the Bible nightly, she'd carry the team.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Grem posted:

Amber probably reads the Bible nightly, she'd carry the team.

Missed opportunity at the end of the episode to not have an Amber/BJ/Gideon/Keefe rescue team. We know how good Amber is with a gun!

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I know it makes me sound like a bloodthirsty :patriot:, but I can't help but cheer every time Amber pulls her gun. :allears:

Doronin posted:

I loved Gideon's "oooo wee sucker!' when he was barrelling at the rednecks on their ATVs. Which reminded me, I wonder if that rival church is ever going to come back in play?

Ha, yeah, I love how the family teases Gideon for living out in California, but those Southern roots popped up in that scene. :kiddo: As a former southerner now living in CA, it resonated with me.

My one gripe with this season is that bringing up the other preacher family so early on and then just...literally never mentioning them for 5+ episodes is really bugging me.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The guy beat up in the parking lot was in the Cape and pistol society two episodes ago.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

From the gibbis

the holy poopacy posted:

UNCLE BABY BILLY'S BIBLE BONKERS

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/variety/status/1684594543729987584?s=46&t=H3Sb6azR2C6xsKWhQLRvOw

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/deadline/status/1684610098709340160?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

one of the few good decisions WBD has made as of late.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Frankly, I thought an ATV would smoosh a lot more when hit by a monster truck. This show just teaches you so much.

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
Can someone please remind me what the line is from last season where Tiff is on the phone looking for Baby Billy and she's like, "No, he's not a baby, he's a" what?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Propaniac posted:

Can someone please remind me what the line is from last season where Tiff is on the phone looking for Baby Billy and she's like, "No, he's not a baby, he's a" what?

"He's a slender, silver-haired man in his late 60s!"

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
If you live anywhere near the South Carolina Low Country, follow these guys on social media for opportunities to be in this mothafuckin show: https://www.tbdcasting.com/

Whenever this show is in production my feeds are always chock-full of open calls for congregation members, praise band performers, militia men, etc. I've unfortunately never been able to make it work but I always try. I'd love to be able to point myself out while watching this show

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

timp posted:

If you live anywhere near the South Carolina Low Country, follow these guys on social media for opportunities to be in this mothafuckin show: https://www.tbdcasting.com/

Whenever this show is in production my feeds are always chock-full of open calls for congregation members, praise band performers, militia men, etc. I've unfortunately never been able to make it work but I always try. I'd love to be able to point myself out while watching this show

so sad to learn this all these years after i abandoned my homeland

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

If the show takes place in Lowcountry, I want them to make at least one tiny reference to the Murdaugh family next season. :colbert:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Ok but more importantly, did they pick up Baby Billy’s Bible Bonkers

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Ok but more importantly, did they pick up Baby Billy’s Bible Bonkers

I really wish they would film a 'pilot' as a bonus episode.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Read After Burning posted:

If the show takes place in Lowcountry, I want them to make at least one tiny reference to the Murdaugh family next season. :colbert:

I very much had a Leo-pointing-at-the-TV moment when the youth group was having ice cream sundaes at Ye Ole Fashioned Ice Cream & Sandwich Cafe in Mt. Pleasant.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

I very much had a Leo-pointing-at-the-TV moment when the youth group was having ice cream sundaes at Ye Ole Fashioned Ice Cream & Sandwich Cafe in Mt. Pleasant.

I think I've seen Krystal burgers pop up in both Vice Principals and P-Valley. :allears:

For context, Krystal is the southern White Castle, and their burgers will either empty your guts or completely cement them shut. :stare:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

My wife, an otherwise reasonable person, is absolutely crazy for Krystal.

I prefer the life shortening majesty that is Cook Out

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
Then Colombian brand give me panicshits lmfao

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
“That’s just exactly family feud.”

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I know a lot of this season is about the church failing but they also built a giant Atlantis style resort that seems to be doing really well.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

This show needs to get Marjoe Gortner involved for season 4.
You cannot do a tv series about religious money grubbing hucksters without Marjoe.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marjoe

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Sash! posted:

I will fight a man for a Cheerwine float from Cook Out.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Sash! posted:

Cookout Tray with a double cheeseburger, chicken nuggets, fries, and a big rear end Cheerwine for car change. No can defend.

Also:

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

wizardofloneliness posted:

It was ambiguous before this episode if May-May was in on it, but I don’t think she is now. She is a crazy rear end in a top hat who attacked Aimee-Leigh with a giant wrench, but she’s not that bad. It’s just that Gemstone temper, I guess. And she kind of had a point tbh.

I totally thought she was going to be in on it, too, but maybe the other shoe hasn’t dropped yet.

This season is poised to answer the question: Who is the bigger name 90s comedy supporting player: Kristen Johnston or Steve Zahn?

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Quesadilla tray with (2) quesadillas as the side with a quesadilla shake

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Corn dog with a side of corn dog is my choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

My hometown back in Alabama got a Cookout since the last time I visited. I tried checking out the menu since I've never ate at one, and was immediately hit with sensory overload. :stare:

I miss Zaxby's. :smith:

quantumfoam posted:

This show needs to get Marjoe Gortner involved for season 4.
You cannot do a tv series about religious money grubbing hucksters without Marjoe.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marjoe

Ooh, thank you for this! I'd somehow never heard of this guy, but I'll be checking this out ASAP. Reminds me of that one kid they used to bring out on like, Oprah to do the child preaching schtick. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duffey_Strode

I recently re-watched the Gwen Shamblin/The Weigh Down documentary. :yikes:

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jul 28, 2023