Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kugane Roe, red guy with a big moustache. "Screw ethics I have money" sort of character. Hired mercenaries and Yojimbo to try and take Kugane castle, hired Nazaa Jaab to "obtain" some treasures from the Stormblood Beast Tribes, tried to force Martyn to sell the Blue Mage coliseum (then again, who hasn't), and runs the latest CC arena.

Not to be confused with Akebono, pale Kugane hyur with a big moustache, "screw ethics I have money" attitude who hired Yojimbo in Hildibrand. Completely different guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

goblin week posted:

wtf are tree people

Sephirot is a tree god who was worshiped by tree people in Mericydia, that's about all we know about them.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Very glad I typed in skateboards for a reason that made sense at the time

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Bruceski posted:

Sephirot is a tree god who was worshiped by tree people in Mericydia, that's about all we know about them.

Perhaps worth bringing up, weren't FFXI's roe and/or lala equivalents literal plant people? We haven't had many plant people in the series but I do remember hearing that once.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I'm pretty confident in my botanist pick. Gonna see some sweet CGI harvesting in a few hours.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
Galka (roe) reproduce by reincarnation, tarutaru (lalafell) just get jokes about them being onions because of the Wedge hairstyle. Onion develops into potato.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Tataru should get back into summoning. It’s way easier now

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
You no longer have to worry about your buncle obeying commands!

Bruceski posted:

lol jesus i've done those trials so many times grinding out triple triad cards and i didn't even know

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

goblin week posted:

lol jesus i've done those trials so many times grinding out triple triad cards and i didn't even know

Well the trials just replay the trials, not the surrounding exposition from the quests you only do once and also happened 7 years ago

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah but the Sephirot fight has lots of tree imagery in it iirc, there's at least one big attack that summons trees and I swear there are tree adds but I might be mistaken.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
sephirot's name refers to the tree of life in the kabbalah. it's trees all the way down.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah but the Sephirot fight has lots of tree imagery in it iirc, there's at least one big attack that summons trees and I swear there are tree adds but I might be mistaken.

You could just assume 'hippies' or 'hard Tolkein elves' from that, though, nothing visually says explicitly 'tree people' in that fight. I get missing that.

Especially since, as I recall, Sephirot's people are the only ones we don't literally see in the Warring Triad storyline.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
Are we allowed to discuss the contents of the keynote in this thread or is that for the spoiler thread only?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

lines posted:

Are we allowed to discuss the contents of the keynote in this thread or is that for the spoiler thread only?

I'm not the OP but at previous Fanfests we just talked about whatever showed up at the keynote in the main thread. It's not really spoilers, it's marketing material. Hell the NA Fanfest keynote is usually so sparse with detail there's barely anything to talk about.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Cleretic posted:

Especially since, as I recall, Sephirot's people are the only ones we don't literally see in the Warring Triad storyline.

I think the words "tree people" show up once? Really easy to miss.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Kwyndig posted:

I'm not the OP but at previous Fanfests we just talked about whatever showed up at the keynote in the main thread. It's not really spoilers, it's marketing material. Hell the NA Fanfest keynote is usually so sparse with detail there's barely anything to talk about.

My vibe would basically be 'use common sense'. It's unlikely we'll see a lot of spoiler-worthy stuff, but if we do, we move it to the spoiler chat.

Off the top of my head I feel like the only thing that'll really warrant spoiling, aside from maybe New Job Talk, might be the presence--or lack thereof--of Zero.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mister Olympus posted:

Galka (roe) reproduce by reincarnation, tarutaru (lalafell) just get jokes about them being onions because of the Wedge hairstyle. Onion develops into potato.
Galka were kinda cool. The lore is that when one of them was getting old they'd just wander up into the mountains and a kid Galka would wander back down a few weeks later.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I liked that they had tails

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/hythlodae/status/1684759782883000320?t=xPlJpOypYLusZ7xii1JrBA&s=19

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Genovera posted:

Hey can we maybe not do this?

They posted about wanting to join the Empire in the newbie thread so the needle already started in yikes territory

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Undoubtedly villainous but the Empire is by far the coolest part of ARR and I might have bounced off climbing to 50 if I didn't get to fight them. Something has to get you to Dinner in Ul'dah.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

super sweet best pal posted:

La-la-fels! Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew.

This still works for Lalas even if you don't change the original words

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Kyrosiris posted:

They posted about wanting to join the Empire in the newbie thread so the needle already started in yikes territory

Yikes! It’s the opposite of a nothingburger

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Next expansion we go to Meracydia where they are holding an Ultimate Combat Tournament so all my friends from every expansion come in for a HUGE PARTY. In one side quest you and Estinien have to take a driving test.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I've been taking it real easy in FFXIV for the past few months, doing basically just the MSQ and solo stuff, so I didn't pay any attention to how the PLD rotation changed since I wasn't playing group content aside from the MSQ Trials. Imagine my surprise when, now that I've got the bug back and I'm looking to do my roulettes, I look it up and we use FoF and Req at the same time?!

My poor muscle memory... Guess I'll be spending some podcast/FanFest watching time on training dummies.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Pwnstar posted:

Next expansion we go to Meracydia where they are holding an Ultimate Combat Tournament so all my friends from every expansion come in for a HUGE PARTY. In one side quest you and Estinien have to take a driving test.

Hildebrand saves the world in the end and is declared the true Warrior of Light.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Pwnstar posted:

Does that make Golbez Garlic Jr

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Put Hildi in the MSQ as Mr Satan and make the new antagonist Frieza and I'm sold.

Funky Valentine posted:

Hildebrand saves the world in the end and is declared the true Warrior of Light.

:hai:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

That Little Demon posted:

Yikes! It’s the opposite of a nothingburger

Its rather inchoate, no?

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
lalafells will be mandatory in 7.0

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dragongem posted:

lalafells will be mandatory in 7.0

7.0 opens with a recap of the story up to this point in the form of a play put on by an all-lalafell cast.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

We got another collab!

https://twitter.com/Pusheen/status/1684926786369458178?t=M4s5FO3uOU5EOev73g-LbA&s=19

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Oh no my wallet is in danger. :shepicide:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

It's not overly surprising, since Pusheen is the sponsor for the Fanfest's quiet room.

Which, first of all, amazing loving collab, that seems delightful, but also definitely reads as part of a larger thing, you wouldn't get a sponsor only for a quiet room.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'd actually drop money in the cash shop for a Pusheen reskin of the fat cat.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Everybody thinks the 7.0 graphics overhaul will make the game look like FF16.

But no! It will replace all player characters with 3D Pusheen-style models.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Thundarr posted:

Everybody thinks the 7.0 graphics overhaul will make the game look like FF16.

But no! It will replace all player characters with 3D Pusheen-style models.

I loving wish

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--_vb2j_qDo
https://www.twitch.tv/finalfantasyxiv

Streams are live, though it's still nearly an hour to the keynote.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

In one hour, we'll know the name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
The delay is because Yoshi-P's too busy playing Tears of the Kingdom and nobody can get him to find a good point to save.

Legally speaking, they can't prove me wrong until they start the stream.