Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Coolguye posted:

yeah i got that, what i can't fathom is loving why. why would you do this. hilary isn't relevant and hasn't been for a drat long while now. if it was AI generated warmonger biden poo poo i could understand. but hilary clinton in a star wars imperial uniform is just. what was going through your head.

theyre probably reading this post going "lmao" as we speak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Abrams tanks in Ukraine by September

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/07/27/u-s-expects-to-begin-delivering-abrams-tanks-to-ukraine-in-september-00108635

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Junk posted:

theyre probably reading this post going "lmao" as we speak

whatever gets them off i guess

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
80 american dollars worth of ai generated hilldawgs

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

but only 6-8 in the "first batch" though. even the total of 31 seems pathetically small

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

appropriatemetaphor posted:

but only 6-8 in the "first batch" though. even the total of 31 seems pathetically small

This is how all introductions of new western kit have gone and is normal. You send over the first small batch along with the people you trained in the west to use them and they then train others on how to use those and subsequent deliveries are larger in number to take advantage of the new troops that were being trained to use them in the meantime.

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Any news on the F-16s?

https://twitter.com/SevaUT/status/1684573361526169601

Seymore Hersh has been an embarrasment for a while but he really does keep upping the ante.

E:

<---- lollll, it's Hillary!

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Is it too late to get that adorable gang tag?

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

wait we are handing out gangtags?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
They aren't giving them out for free, but I bought it and now anyone else can buy it. Join Zelensky's Zealots today

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

From a few pages back, but drat, this got me. Don't get me wrong, I think these dudes are p. cool for driving back a fascist invasion, but I do wish they got to continue their normal, prewar lives without the fear of some making GBS threads moron genociding them.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

HonorableTB posted:

They aren't giving them out for free, but I bought it and now anyone else can buy it. Join Zelensky's Zealots today

What's the procedure for purchasing?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
u have to give $5 to some dipshit who wrote a bunch of mealy mouthed bullshit about the extensive academic debate over the holodomor

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Just Another Lurker posted:

What's the procedure for purchasing?

right click on the tag in my av and copy the link, go to buy yourself a new av and put the image link within url tags and that's it. The charitable donation idea that was floated before didn't seem to go anywhere

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

HonorableTB posted:

right click on the tag in my av and copy the link, go to buy yourself a new av and put the image link within url tags and that's it. The charitable donation idea that was floated before didn't seem to go anywhere

Was hoping for the donation option, i'll pass then. :shrug:

Thanks for the reply. :)

edit:

Herstory Begins Now posted:

u have to give $5 to some dipshit who wrote a bunch of mealy mouthed bullshit about the extensive academic debate over the holodomor

:yikes:

Just Another Lurker fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jul 28, 2023

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

HonorableTB posted:

Aw, I guess I will donate to some UA charity anyway after some charitable soul bought these AVs :shrug:

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Hah, someone broke their brain and Hillaried me for being mean to Putin and his failure of an empire. :D

You know, I think I'll keep it.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Der Kyhe posted:

Hah, someone broke their brain and Hillaried me for being mean to Putin and his failure of an empire. :D

Bavovnyatko approves

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I miss my skeletor AV and previous gang tags. Fuckin tankies…

:mad:

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
I would've liked a donation option as well.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Lol wtf with all the Hillary avatars? Who did you all annoy this time?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

cuz you asked: it's a cspam thing, same as the ai bernie avatars and another wave of ai biden avatars

probably in response to that tankie mocking emote getting bought or something. idk. idc

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Doing :byetankie: :byetankie: :byetankie: a lot apparently triggered someone with cash to spare. :iiam:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I'm annoyed simply because I do miss my laser balls heart attack gang tag and imperial Hillary is such a weirdly specific thing?

LOL Russia already lost the war. Putin poo poo his pants.

:byetankie:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

no one should be allowed to make hillary look at all imposing or effectual

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I'm annoyed simply because I do miss my laser balls heart attack gang tag and imperial Hillary is such a weirdly specific thing?

LOL Russia already lost the war. Putin poo poo his pants.

:byetankie:

Dammit, your avatar looks more majestic than mine. :argh:

Putin is a dodo. :byetankie:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Posting to see if I got a cool new Hilldawg av

E: lol that's pretty badass, thanks:byetankie:

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jul 28, 2023

zone
Dec 6, 2016

lmao imagine wasting money because some people made you angry on the internet, it's not going to make Puccia win after one and a half years of losing
e: :byetankie:

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
I don't follow the war very closely. Can someone give me the short version of the events leading up to now?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I follow this thread solely so I can see the occasional weirdo tankie meltdown tbh

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

emSparkly posted:

I don't follow the war very closely. Can someone give me the short version of the events leading up to now?

Ukraine has taken back 50% of the territory occupied since Feb 2022 and is winning the war overall

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

https://twitter.com/meduza_en/status/1684666691853172736

quote:

The guide tells journalists to refer to the event as a “key turning point in Russian history” and the “point of formation of Russia’s statehood.” It also instructs them to emphasize that having a “common faith” is what allowed the “East Slavic tribes” to become a “unified people.”

The document devotes particular attention to the “adversaries of Russia” that purportedly fought against Orthodox Christianity in Ukraine, Belarus, and Poland. In particular, it says that the “Polish kings planted Catholicism and Uniatism on the occupied native Russian territories in order to fracture and subjugate the people.”

quote:

Today our country is battling a new satanic regime. The Kyiv regime is deliberately destroying Orthodox Christianity on the territory of Ukraine, applying direct pressure against priests and seizing churches.

The Nazi satanists have entrenched themselves in the holy Russian city of Kyiv, where Rus was baptized. Russia has come to the defense of the Orthodox faith and is crushing neo-Nazis who worship the occult ideas of Hitler and Bandera on the front.

a normal day in Russia, waging holy war against the Great Satan

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat

Coolguye posted:

yeah i got that, what i can't fathom is loving why. why would you do this. hilary isn't relevant and hasn't been for a drat long while now. if it was AI generated warmonger biden poo poo i could understand. but hilary clinton in a star wars imperial uniform is just. what was going through your head.

I have a hunch that the Hillary avs are related to Gaddafi chat that took place here a couple of days back. That's the only relevance that comes to mind.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

a podcast for cats posted:

I have a hunch that the Hillary avs are related to Gaddafi chat that took place here a couple of days back. That's the only relevance that comes to mind.

I thought they are somehow related to "super tsar destroyer"

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Der Kyhe posted:

lol you got like sexy pose USO tour hillary

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Lmao is it Star wars because of the thread title

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

emSparkly posted:

- 2013: Ukraine, tired of being subject to Russian sphere of influence, begin protest that will oust Kremlin puppet
- 2014: Russia illegally invades and occupies internationally-recognized Ukrainian territory, starting the Russo-Ukrainian War
-2015-2021: Conflict stagnates at low intensity
- 2021: US increasingly warns of renewed Russian invasion
- 2022: Russia invades with a maximalist scope no one expected. Fortunately, "no one" includes the schmucks tasked with carrying out the invasion, who get clowned on by a Ukrainian military that had spent the last 7 years preparing. Russia is pushed back on all fronts, thwarting decapitation strike, and suffers truly embarrassing losses. Massive sanctions are imposed to contain Russia's armaments industry.
- 2023: Russia scales back war aims drastically, but waste thousands of lives for negligible gains. Ukraine finally receives Western hardware to assist in offense, but Russian entrenchment makes counteroffensive slow going. Outcome still undermined. Russian mercenaries mutiny and march on the Kremlin to minimal success, but show clear cracks in Putin's autocratic regime.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Nice Hillary avatars. Although why her?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

this erasure of the greater moravian empire will not stand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Set
Oct 30, 2005

Karma Comedian posted:

Lmao is it Star wars because of the thread title

That would explain all of the random stormtroopers and darthvaders in the images! :v: