Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

oobitydoo posted:

The latter, based on the story, clearly. I assumed they were telling the story they were because they believed in it, but best case now they've just been broken by the game dev ecosystem like everyone eventually is.

Edit: Or maybe I misread it all, and they actually want to be The Head?

I think that's a pretty white/black view of Project Moon and assigning them characters they made in their own universe is a bit reductive. I think they are just normal people put in a horrible situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

DropTheAnvil posted:

I think that's a pretty white/black view of Project Moon and assigning them characters they made in their own universe is a bit reductive. I think they are just normal people put in a horrible situation.

Sooooooo… Chesed, then? :v:

I could not resist.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

TeeQueue posted:

I could not resist.

...I'd say a Chesed comparison is pretty apt because it's pretty easy to say Daniel hosed up just as badly.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

KobunFan posted:

...I'd say a Chesed comparison is pretty apt because it's pretty easy to say Daniel hosed up just as badly.
If you think about it in the grand scheme of things Daniel letting Binah downstairs caused her to get captured and allowed Ayin to torture information out of her about how to become a Wing, so who can really say what's good or bad?

...sorry, getting a call, turns out everything that happened there was bad-

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

PetraCore posted:

If you think about it in the grand scheme of things Daniel letting Binah downstairs caused her to get captured and allowed Ayin to torture information out of her about how to become a Wing, so who can really say what's good or bad?

...sorry, getting a call, turns out everything that happened there was bad-

All Daniel did was soften up Kali and kill a lot of people. If Kali had been in better shape, she might have beaten Binah without the whole, you know, dying thing.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

KobunFan posted:

All Daniel did was soften up Kali and kill a lot of people. If Kali had been in better shape, she might have beaten Binah without the whole, you know, dying thing.
Yeah that's absolutely true.

I always jokingly rag on Garion for 'cheating' but really that was 90% of her job as far as I can tell - Arbiters aren't just powerhouse fighters you throw at a problem, those are Claws, and I imagine the average Claw isn't dumb. I'm pretty sure in whatever corrupt criminal justice system Arbiters originated from, they were intended to go out and judge problems on an individual basis and apply solutions for those problems, it's just that that's the sort of thing that gets more and more out of whack the more power and less accountability there is, and the City now is so far down that slide I'm pretty sure Garion solved all her cases by killing people and that worked out just fine, to the point it becomes hard to distinguish what the role difference is between a Claw and an Arbiter. But, my point is, even though I'm sure she was more then a match in raw power for many jobs she was sent on, eliminating the Lobotomy Corp lab wasn't actually one of those cases because Kali far outmatched her. That's where an Arbiter's role comes in, Garion calmly assessed the situation and developed a plan that very nearly brought her complete success.

It's just unfortunate for everyone she was right about the fact she could make Daniel crack, but I'm sure at that point in her career she'd had a lot of practice. I can't really blame him for giving in, because there's a point, I'm sure, where rationality just goes straight out of your head.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.

KobunFan posted:

I mean, it's debatable whether he even did that? Binah had Fairies, she could've unlocked the cells on her own. I think she probably just made Daniel do it out of sadism.

Or to save money, come to think of it.

Doobeedoo fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jul 28, 2023

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain

Doobeedoo posted:

I mean, it's debatable whether he even did that? Binah had Fairies, she could've unlocked the cells on her own. I think she probably just made Daniel do it out of sadism.

Or to save money, come to think of it.

Poor thing left the portable Fairy charger at home.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I think Binah used Daniel because then the chaos was a surprise, instead of an Arbiter walking around the building freeing Abnormalities one by one via Fairies.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Also, probably the best line in the new content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ykcGQWFOns

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

DropTheAnvil posted:

expected this line and wasn't disappointed, VA is a champion

Ghost Armor 1337
Jul 28, 2023

KobunFan posted:

TeeQueue posted:

I could not resist.

You're both wrong, the obvious answer is Dongrang.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
1) you do not appear to get scrap for md hard. i will not be testing md normal tonight
2) i'm not done with the event stages but if they don't get much better on payout per module, they're fine, loosely comparable to md normal and much faster

i assume they get at least a little better on payout per module

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

Google Jeb Bush posted:

1) you do not appear to get scrap for md hard. i will not be testing md normal tonight
2) i'm not done with the event stages but if they don't get much better on payout per module, they're fine, loosely comparable to md normal and much faster

i assume they get at least a little better on payout per module

Mirror dungeons don't give scrap. Don't ask me why they say dungeons give scrap, but specifically point out MD's dont

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
3) running boatshmael over rishmael seems like a tough ask even if you don't have ut4 on the latter but i'm sure there are use cases, particularly on human encounters because just lol at the sinking from just treesang (an objectively good identity) and boatshmael working together

there are going to be md normals where i pull one of the top tier sinking gifts and slap in boatshmael and laugh all the way to the boat

*throws down hat and stomps on it*

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jul 28, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
You know this event really illustrates why Snagharpoon costs 2 Wrath, 2 Gloom.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Her S3 makes me dizzy.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

I think it’s sort of cool but if I happened to get it to happen a few times on the same turn it might make me a little nauseous?

Maxing out the track shouldn’t be too bad, the extra stage is pretty autoable and should give a minimum of 88 scrap once you have all the boosts.

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

DropTheAnvil posted:

Mirror dungeons don't give scrap. Don't ask me why they say dungeons give scrap, but specifically point out MD's dont
They're talking about story dungeons.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Sinclair is a lock for both Tremor Team and Burn Team now!

Personally looking forward to running teams of one sinner, but all of their different variants. We can already do a good Ishmael team of 5.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

habituallyred posted:

Sinclair is a lock for both Tremor Team and Burn Team now!

Personally looking forward to running teams of one sinner, but all of their different variants. We can already do a good Ishmael team of 5.

I don't think you can do this, even in MDs. If you buy a Sinner you already have from the Dispenser, the new Identity overwrites the old one. (And their Sanity is reset to 0, so choose wisely!)

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
So, apparently the artist wasn't fired by a phone call at 11PM. She was just informed about the situation and still works for PM as far as can be determined. The outlet that reported it used an ambiguous phrasing and has since changed the article to make it more clear.

That being said the PM announcement on Twitter is exactly what it is, so it doesn't really change the situation that much, unless they find their backbone and backpedal, it just means she was/will be fired in a more proper (and legal) way.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

TeeQueue posted:

Her S3 makes me dizzy.

This is the sole reason why I don't plan on using that ID outside of the event. It just screws with my brain.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Numbus26 posted:

This is the sole reason why I don't plan on using that ID outside of the event. It just screws with my brain.

I don't even know why it rotates the screen like that, it's so unnecessary

e: i guess it's to accurately simulate working with a hangover

e2: using the free tickets i got a gold to drop from the event banner, it was of course soda hong lu :rolldice: gacha EGO fuckin love me especially when i rather they'd not

e3 i keep thinking of more poo poo to say please help: from playing with other people's Boatmaels she seems good, mostly held back by the fact that there's a lack of good Sinking support outside of everyone's favorite spicy boy(who she works extremely well with) and and R Ishmael who can't be used for obvious reasons. That said she fights well enough that she can roll without a dedicated team.

i guess you could also use sunshower heathcliff but lol and furthermore, lmao

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jul 28, 2023

darkfenrir
Sep 29, 2021

Lt. Lizard posted:

So, apparently the artist wasn't fired by a phone call at 11PM. She was just informed about the situation and still works for PM as far as can be determined. The outlet that reported it used an ambiguous phrasing and has since changed the article to make it more clear.

That being said the PM announcement on Twitter is exactly what it is, so it doesn't really change the situation that much, unless they find their backbone and backpedal, it just means she was/will be fired in a more proper (and legal) way.

Reading through the comments of that reddit post and I can still safely say, I'm not sure what differs if PM fires her 5 months from now versus that night :V Like it's still the same, and it's still likely she can't find new work in this same line of work as well :")

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

The difference would be she's still collecting income until the official day of termination.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
About the only difference is that if PM decides push back against the incels, it is far more likely that the artist will be able to stay with the company (if she still wants to). It is far easier to keep an employee you are gearing up to let go, then one you have officially fired, if you happen to change your mind. And she will be in far less lovely situation, due to still getting salary for a few months.

But yes, if PM doesn't stray from the current course, the end result will be exactly the same.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Apparently given the strictness of SK labor laws requiring a good reason to fire someone, they're probably also going to have to find that reason based on more than just reblogged twitter posts that got deleted before she was even hired by PM. Not having any familiarity with South Korean labor laws and unions, I'm not sure if they'd have been able to slip that under the radar in a different situation, but it sounds like at least one South Korean union has gotten wind of the situation and is keeping eyes on it. Hopefully that makes it much harder for Vellmori to get hosed over.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Going by their post about it, they have a 'no political posts in accounts associated with the game' statement in the contract. The issue is that she's credited as just vellmori, which is her twitter account, in the game. It probably comes down to if she asked to be credited that way or if they just assumed it, and if any of the posts/RTs are from after she was hired by the company.

As for working in the industry again, this isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened, sadly, and in most cases I've seen the artist was able to get work for Chinese or Japanese games.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Endorph posted:

Going by their post about it, they have a 'no political posts in accounts associated with the game' statement in the contract. The issue is that she's credited as just vellmori, which is her twitter account, in the game. It probably comes down to if she asked to be credited that way or if they just assumed it, and if any of the posts/RTs are from after she was hired by the company.

As for working in the industry again, this isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened, sadly, and in most cases I've seen the artist was able to get work for Chinese or Japanese games.
Yes, but as far as I've heard, all the potentially problematic (not morally, but in terms of the clause) RTs were from before she worked for the company, and were also deleted before she got hired by the company. There was no point at which she was an employee of the company that she had those tweets on a twitter that could potentially be associated with the company, and the people mad about feminism dredged up tweets using the Wayback machine to make the argument they were now associating those tweets with the company. Which... seems legally shaky, in terms of the clause...?

EDIT: I also think they were just RTs, not actual posts she made herself, but the point is it seems she deleted all political content from her twitter when she started to use it as a professional account, which makes sense to me. I just don't see how that's a contract violation, even if it might be an argument for making a completely fresh portfolio account for artists out there to avoid anyone being able to dig up deleted posts and RTs.

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jul 28, 2023

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
As of a few months ago, South Koreans have the legal right to be forgotten for posts made as minors. Would this have extended to government-aided takedown requests to the Wayback Machine if she’d somehow had the precognition to request it?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

BisbyWorl posted:

The main gacha nerf I recall is Granblue, where they released a stupidly broken character a number of years back and when they nerfed her they refunded every single pull on her banner as compensation. No idea if they would have been in legal trouble if they didn't or if they just wanted to avoid outrage.

Is this about Zooey?

They didn't nerf her, what they did was change her from a limited summer character only available a handful of times per year to a "grand" that's available year round, because she was so OP that anyone who hadn't rolled her during the summer limited banner basically wouldn't be able to play the game at a competitive level until it came around again next year. They refunded everyone who rolled on the limited banner not because of a nerf but because the limited thing they rolled for was no longer limited.

As far as I know there was no major compensation when they later nerfed/reworked Dark Sarunan, a different character who had an OP synergy with her.

They also nerfed Zooey indirectly several times by adding new game mechanics to counter her. Which as far as I can tell is the method of choice nowadays for any mobile game dev that wants to nerf something.

e:

Endorph posted:

Yeah but the feminist posts she got fired for were deleted tweets from 5 years ago, not even made while she was at the company.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jul 29, 2023

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Is this about Zooey?

They didn't nerf her, what they did was change her from a limited summer character only available a handful of times per year to a "grand" that's available year round, because she was so OP that anyone who hadn't rolled her during the summer limited banner basically wouldn't be able to play the game at a competitive level until it came around again next year. They refunded everyone who rolled on the limited banner not because of a nerf but because the limited thing they rolled for was no longer limited.

As far as I know there was no major compensation when they later nerfed/reworked Dark Sarunan, a different character who had an OP synergy with her.

They also nerfed Zooey indirectly several times by adding new game mechanics to counter her. Which as far as I can tell is the method of choice nowadays for any mobile game dev that wants to nerf something.

e:

Yeah but the feminist posts she got fired for were deleted tweets from 5 years ago, not even made while she was at the company.

Korwa, I believe.

https://granbluefantasy.jp/pages/?p=7694

Had tremendously overtuned healing, to the point people could solo raid bosses which were, at the time, not really soloable for most (if any).

Meeko fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jul 29, 2023

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

DropTheAnvil posted:

i will also accept the result of throwing olga under the boatbus by mentioning she's a former mid-tier fixer in front of Don

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I've been keeping a list of what upgrades I haven't gotten with thread yet, and now I'm going to add notes on what the upgrade gets me for easier reference.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Don't count out those +Max Speed upgrades on the chart. Rabbit Heathcliff being able to get his Power bonuses more often is always a good thing.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

having a largely cannon fodder abno fight confuses autobattle quite a bit

thanks guys, glad you got that one handled

e: also yi sang please roll heads on sunshower damage more than 1/20 times

e2: wait i just noticed that screenshot has yi sang having bigger problems, how'd he get his rear end kicked that bad nothing in this event does real damage besides the boss

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jul 29, 2023

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Yinlock posted:

e2: wait i just noticed that screenshot has yi sang having bigger problems, how'd he get his rear end kicked that bad nothing in this event does real damage besides the boss

The 2 Skill crabs have a couple moves on them with decent-ish dice, they sometimes catch you off-guard if a Sinner tries to clash with a Skill 1 when you auto, or so I've noticed.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Theantero posted:

The 2 Skill crabs have a couple moves on them with decent-ish dice, they sometimes catch you off-guard if a Sinner tries to clash with a Skill 1 when you auto, or so I've noticed.

oh yeah that tracks, spicy yi sang's skill 1 is just Okay and likes making GBS threads the bed sometimes

also not sure why i'm using chef ryoshu when i have the pierce-based kurokumo ryoshu leveled

real shitshow all around here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Just fought the bull in MD2, and cripes that was a painful fight. I think I can count the number of clashes I won without using EGO on one hand.