Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

nothing less cliche than a crowd favorite turning into a bad guy apropos of nothing and blaming it on the fans for expecting too much out of him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Duke Pukem posted:

That match would only be good if Jade squashed britt

Match sounded boring but your idea sounds great, book it tone

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Time for a new game, guess the cagematch score the reviewer gave the match, this week its Taya vs Britt from last night's Dynamite:

quote:

"Ah, yes, I can TOTALLY count on my fellow Cagemates to be completely objective about rating a Britt Baker match (or any other AEW female talent who isn't Japanese). Seriously, this is disgusting. Britt Baker LITERALLY held that match together, and made no botches/mistakes last night. Those 2-3 mistakes were on Taya Valkyrie unfortunately. However, last night was just an off-night for her; so Taya (and Britt) shouldn't be crucified just because of a couple of flaws. Most of this women's match picked up greatly near the end, and the finish was pretty cool with Britt having a GREAT counter out of Taya's Road to Valhalla into the Lockjaw. Anyway, the amount of extremely low ratings meant to shame one or both women here is incredibly disappointing and shameful. Do better."

As a free hint, the average match score is a 1.92 out of 10 right now.

The answer: A 7/10.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The phrase 'do better' is completely meaningless these days

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
What isn't?

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

zimbomonkey posted:

What isn't?

Big Bill

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Cant argue with that

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
https://twitter.com/AzasGaming/status/1684168290766290947

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

utter cringe tbh

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1684956749231497216

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Here's how Kenny, out here having the best matches most of us will see in our lives, is being punished. Another Leslie banger

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
i booked them to go over in the yearly huge main event cage match against a faction made up of other top guys and brought in their long time friend as punishment - tony khan in leslieland

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

flashy_mcflash posted:

Here's how Kenny, out here having the best matches most of us will see in our lives, is being punished. Another Leslie banger

He's being punished by not being allowed to wrestle Best of the Best, 2023's Best Wrestler Winner (& 2022's for that matter) Kento Miyahara

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/JediRealEstate/status/1684887017333637120?t=OaIoCz2xsoR4ldhG49BfwQ&s=19

Then he admits that he doesn't even watch RoH. Why do they even bother posting such garbage?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Guillermus posted:

https://twitter.com/JediRealEstate/status/1684887017333637120?t=OaIoCz2xsoR4ldhG49BfwQ&s=19

Then he admits that he doesn't even watch RoH. Why do they even bother posting such garbage?

I think Dalton Castle and Danhausen are both good litmus tests of if I can ignore someone's wrestling opinions. You don't have to love them, but if you're dismissing them based on their gimmicks there's absolutely no point talking about wrestling.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Coolness Averted posted:

I think Dalton Castle and Danhausen are both good litmus tests of if I can ignore someone's wrestling opinions. You don't have to love them, but if you're dismissing them based on their gimmicks there's absolutely no point talking about wrestling.

The important part here is that Danhausen and Dalton Castle have absolutely nothing in common, so it's just a tell that they don't even watch the product.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Guillermus posted:

Does he mean because they have the same voice? That's all I can think of

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

The important part here is that Danhausen and Dalton Castle have absolutely nothing in common, so it's just a tell that they don't even watch the product.

They are both funny.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/pjpolaco/status/1685078488011669505?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

of course lol

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

They spell disaster for Biden at Sacrifice

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

SG Bamboo posted:

What is Robinette B. doing in the Impact Zone!?!?

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Remember all of the people talking about how MJF and Cole are so over they can't break up? Now no one is interested in them they just care a match hasn't been formally announced for All In.

https://twitter.com/OffmanFace/status/1685317529852325888

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
The way the entire wrestling media has started concern trolling about matches being announced a month in advance of All In while with WWE you're lucky if you know half the card the day of the PPV

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

These people collectively need a match graphic to get horny. I don't get it.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

MassRafTer posted:

Remember all of the people talking about how MJF and Cole are so over they can't break up? Now no one is interested in them they just care a match hasn't been formally announced for All In.

Same guy complaining that there's only a few guys over 220

Clearly he has no idea what he's talking about

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MassRafTer posted:

Tbh I am interested in the storyline of "Will AEW acknowledge All In is happening".

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/ChrisWidnes/status/1685526153887432704

Edit: I forgot that /s means sarcasm because I was too fascinated with the concept of being held at gunpoint and forced to read Dave Meltzer "reviews"

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jul 30, 2023

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Drakkel posted:

The way the entire wrestling media has started concern trolling about matches being announced a month in advance of All In while with WWE you're lucky if you know half the card the day of the PPV

Yeah this was bothering me because in the last decade of pro wrestling I really can’t think of many American ppv’s where you know the whole card more than a month in advance. You usually don’t start really cementing matches until you got like 2 shows left. Also even if AEW had all the matches ready to go people would argue that AEW is too predictable and they miss when it felt spontaneous and uncertain. There’s truly no winning.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Most folks just used to the WWE way of promoting a ppv, where you already know the main of the next year's Mania by May 1st.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Every time AEW tries long-term planning it gets blown up by injuries or backstage fights, so maybe they're better off just winging it.

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
Second last sentence

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I'm just continually baffled by people thinking it's a completely different show from Dynamite when it's all the same guy booking? Is it literally just "the Young Bucks aren't on it therefore it's automatically The Good One"??

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Drakkel posted:

I'm just continually baffled by people thinking it's a completely different show from Dynamite when it's all the same guy booking? Is it literally just "the Young Bucks aren't on it therefore it's automatically The Good One"??

Pretty much. If that 6 man was on Dynamite the Colliders would not be happy with all the Moves being done. As is, Saturday night's alright for fighting.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Collision is on a good run with a few great FTR matches back to back that makes it feel like the show is elevated right now. Also and probably more pertinently it's a new entry point for people who have been hating on AEW for years but want to get to watch it now. If they can just compartmentalize all of that hate against the young bucks they can watch collision and feel like they aren't gigantic hypocrites.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Rampage is the show where Moxley surrenders to save Yuta from being hanged by the Hangman because months ago Hangman had Moxley in the same choke and he knew he couldn’t get out of it. And Oh, we forgot to show you that part, but trust me it happened.

Collision is the show where MJF loudly says “I am upset that I cost this team the match” then the announce team informs us that Max put himself in the way of the Shatter Machine and almost reversed it, but ate the pin, and is upset that his sacrifice cost his team the belts! And then Adam Cole uses his title to try and cheer him up. But Max is conflicted! We know he’s conflicted because he’s biting his knuckle and stomping his feet. But it’s ok, because Cole loudly says to the camera “Do what you gotta do, Max”. Then Max violently throws his title away, while the announce team tells us that he’s not going to clobber Adam.

“Hug it out!” Says the audience

And they do!

They’re both great television, but if you’re the guy complaining that AEW needs better stories, guess which presentation you’ll like more.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/redd3Eye14/status/1685400038372261888?s=20

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Drakkel posted:

One thing is that WWE plans seem to leak way earlier, so the card is known even if it's not official.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

I like Bronson but lol