Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

sticksy posted:

Echoing the Athletic and Guardian - I still pop over to Football365 occasionally, maybe out of nostalgia. They have had some great writers cycle through there, still decent analysis even though they are drowning in ads now.

I've got adblock so have no issues with Football365 and will second the recommendation. I'll also recommend Four Four Two's YouTube channel for the best video content I've come across.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
We need to support the Guardian sports desk to keep Squires in paid employment.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Total Meatlove posted:

We need to support the Guardian sports desk to keep Squires in paid employment.

Squires alone is enough to pop onto the Guardian football page occasionally. I used to like the You are the Ref comics -- they helped me a lot with some of the more intricate rules of the game. They also have the best MBM content of matches imo.

I like Michael Cox on the Athletic and there are some other good writers there, but many of them seem to have fallen into a house style with a lot of perfunctory StatsBomb graphics and lovely annotated screenshots of gameplay. The problem is that often the analysis is paperthin and the writer has no idea how to weave the graphics into a coherent story. It can get really grating. Also the main Liverpool beat writer (James Pearce) sucks rear end.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4037978&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post533503129

Sack race 23/24 is up. Prizes galore

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
God, I miss the foot. The world cup is fun enough, but I'm not really familiar with any of the players or teams (plus the scheduling absolutely sucks) so it's less entertaining from a 'narrative' perspective.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1684911816453873664

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Getting the coat on is gonna be tricky but I have faith in Arsenal fans

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Phwoar

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Blasmeister posted:

just super glue a zipper onto his tie

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
That’s a rare good football statue, but there were just so many opportunities to make it better.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Someone needs to put a pair of binoculars around his neck

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

show us the rejected designs, you cowards

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

:popeye:

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Where the gently caress is my 3 foot tall Wenger with arms longer than his legs. Kick competent statues out of football

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/martynziegler/status/1684976378482135040

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Oh no ten entire million euros for seven years of breaches

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
Jesus Christ, you can’t punish clubs for having spending too much money with a monetary punishment.

Let’s make it a billion at least, + relegation to the 2nd division.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

wooger posted:

Jesus Christ, you can’t punish clubs for having spending too much money with a monetary punishment.

:hmmyes:

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

wooger posted:

two years indentured servitude for everyone on their board

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

wooger posted:

Don't fine then, just make them take the first open slot in the non league pyramid

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I feel like there should be a way to relegate a team to the SPL

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:

His arms look very long

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

L.H.O.O.Q. posted:

His arms look very long

Yeah they got the arms wrong, it’s the torso that’s actually really long

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Phwoar

Blasmeister posted:

I’m sure somebody will make it happen

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I feel like there should be a way to relegate a team to the SPL

The problem is that opens up the discussion to promote teams out of the SPL

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Football__Tweet/status/1684922509945192448

tilp
Apr 7, 2010

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Yeah they got the arms wrong, it’s the torso that’s actually really long

To be fair you can't actually see from that photo where the tie ends.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Doesn't mention the time spent on the ground rolling and covering your face though

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

very cool that west ham are loving around the entire summer rather than replacing their best player, this is the way to avoid last season’s relegation form for sure

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

very cool that west ham are loving around the entire summer rather than replacing their best player, this is the way to avoid last season’s relegation form for sure

Just cos Spurs got a new stadium and sold a megastar and squandered the windfall on mediocre players on inflated wages, doesn’t mean West Ham have to copy everything they do.

Better to wait until some of the dust settles from Saudi money and the weird contractions at the top of the market and then make a move.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yeah a move to the Championship

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah a move to the Championship

:mcrappe:

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
are there successful examples of waiting till as much of the transfer window is gone as possible before doing any transfers.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

mila kunis posted:

are there successful examples of waiting till as much of the transfer window is gone as possible before doing any transfers.

Arsenal did alright when they panic bought big Per and a couple other dudes after the 8-2 game

I think, maybe, possibly

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Arsenal did alright when they panic bought big Per and a couple other dudes after the 8-2 game

I think, maybe, possibly

Andre Santos never forget

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Van Persie too

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vyelkin posted:

Andre Santos never forget

Have Arsenal not had a competent left back since Cashley? I'm really struggling to think of one. Tierney doesn't count because he misses 30 games a season.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Shrapnig posted:

Have Arsenal not had a competent left back since Cashley? I'm really struggling to think of one. Tierney doesn't count because he misses 30 games a season.

Clichy

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

monreal was really good too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

mila kunis posted:

Georginio rutter will start paying off that £36m fee any day now