Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a sexual elk posted:

Que? Sorry I’m very crossfaded, and it’s to hot

haha a big plot point of very overrated film Clerks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

The worst part of becoming broke is the charities emailing and asking why you stopped. My big 3 were the Mustang (horse) Foundation, The Los Angeles Women’s Shelter and the Goon School in Haiti

If you got a few extra bucks throw them that way

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

kiimo posted:

haha a big plot point of very overrated film Clerks

gently caress you caught me, a line I don’t remember.

Hit me up next time you’re up here on the mountain

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You know what I will. Itching to get back up there but always waiting for fall, Big Bear's time to shine

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

a sexual elk posted:

Which mountain are you on again?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

kiimo posted:

You know what I will. Itching to get back up there but always waiting for fall, Big Bear's time to shine

It’s so hot right now haha, doing the every window open at night and clam up at 9am.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Which mountain are you on again?

Big Bear, well Sugarloaf 7200 feet up

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

a sexual elk posted:

Big Bear, well Sugarloaf 7200 feet up

I don't go much but if I ever do I'll hit you up too. Feel like you'd be a good bro to smoke weed with haha

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah take us to the bars that have locals but not, you know, meth locals

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

The most mountainy place I've ever lived was Shaver Lake. Something like a pop 100 town.it had two bars, one that sold liquor and one that sold beer. The town would basically just go between the two bars as a group depending on the desired drink. Always thought that was cute.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I was going to say I was there in April, but then I realized that was Bear Valley, not Big Bear. How many bears could there be?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

kiimo posted:

Nah it’s super gentrified and all retirees, half chuds, half Latino plus a huge quiet hippy crowd

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Pain of Mind posted:

I was going to say I was there in April, but then I realized that was Bear Valley, not Big Bear. How many bears could there be?

If you’re talking Bear Valley CA, that’s the general area. There’s 2 cities east and west. West is the rich tourist area, East is the ghetto area(where I live ) but alot of workers live in the HighValley and drive up the mountain which is (loving insaaaaane)Then there’s Fawnskin north of the lake and Baldwin all unincorporated

Long story short if it was a lake 7000 feet up in Cali it was prolly here

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jul 28, 2023

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Tiny Desk has been on a heater with their hip hop concerts, let's further the 90s chat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUApO77uUUk

also a couple weekends ago my wife wanted to do outdoor barbecuing with one of her friends, so I tagged along with the baby. (Typical outdoor summertime Japanese thing, you pay and the place has grills you can use and meats and veg and other stuff to grill, often times you can get an all-you-can-drink for the time as well. it's good poo poo, but only when it's not too hot). Turns out it was American BBQ themed, which meant for the first hour or so some DJ was spinning the hits of the high school dance circa 2003, because this was the first song I heard when we got there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FEDrU85FLE

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

a sexual elk posted:

If you’re talking Bear Valley CA, that’s the general area. There’s 2 cities east and west. West is the rich tourist area, East is the ghetto area. Then there’s Fawnskin north of the lake and Baldwin all unincorporated

Long story short if it was a lake 7000 feet up in Cali it was prolly here

I don't think it is the same one, it was off of highway 4, south of Tahoe. Though there is a lake and it is at 7000 feet.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jul 28, 2023

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Do you ever make your way into the city?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Pain of Mind posted:

I don't think it is the same one, it was off of highway 4, south of Tahoe. Though there is a lake and it is at 7000 feet.

Yeah way north, but hey visit our lake some time, a lot more deserty but tons outdoorsy poo poo

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Do you ever make your way into the city?

Dunno if that was tward a me but yeah, we go down mountain twice a month. 3/4 the time down the back cause it’s 50 minutes compared to 1.5 hours to the Redlands, and think I’ve mentioned I’m getting headaches at sea level, high dessert is well high at 4K feet I’m pretty comfortable

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

a sexual elk posted:

Try not to suck any dicks going down the mountain

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Spoeank posted:

Here it is in the ~cuz we're a little bit naughty~ Matilda dance number. It goes hard

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT885wSSx/

Never get tired of "why does music written in 4/4 work overlaid with other music written in 4/4?!?" genre but the Grease one was pretty solid

kiimo posted:

Drinks on Daddy Oppenheimerbucks apparently. pick me up on the way kiimo. we will bring burritos and weed to the outpost

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Freaquency posted:

Same here actually. For all of the hype around the visuals I thought the sound design was the most impressive. I particularly enjoyed (I can’t believe I’m going to spoiler a technical bit in a biopic but it was fun to experience this without knowing it was coming so) when they finally fire the Trinity test and it goes completely quiet for what feels like a couple of minutes, and then they finally show the shock wave and it’s just a :tviv: blast of sound. There’s all sorts of environmental sound buried in the soundtrack too. I’m going to see if I can find an IMAX showing in a couple of weeks because I’m really interested in seeing and hearing what that’s like.

I was expecting it to happen and it still got me!

We saw it in IMAX and it was unreal. I will say, get seats as far back as you can. We were in the 3rd row because it was all that was available and now my neck is killing me.

Also for everyone making such a big deal about nudity there wasn’t a ton? I feel like I read Cillian Murphy was like hanging dong everywhere and him and Florence were just naked 90% of the movie. I was surprised that she wasn’t in it as much as I expected her to be.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Joey Freshwater posted:

Cillian Murphy dong everywhere

Sure you weren't just watching Sportscenter clips of this guy too late at night?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykOQml28d2w

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Ether Frenzy posted:

Sure you weren't just watching Sportscenter clips of this guy too late at night?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykOQml28d2w

No p sure it was this one

https://youtu.be/U5i4vE5kxXE

We have growth!!

:toot:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Pretty sure you should get 2 runs in the scorebook if you hit one that deep. Like turning off the Nintendo distance

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Its Rinaldo posted:

Try not to suck any dicks going down the mountain

37?

Man I loved my video store job.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Pretty cool story and picture

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cornwall-66332656

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Vasectomy starting now, posting through it. Distractions welcome :sweatdrop:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

It’s wild watching smoke rise from your testicles.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ether Frenzy posted:

Never get tired of "why does music written in 4/4 work overlaid with other music written in 4/4?!?" genre but the Grease one was pretty solid

Drinks on Daddy Oppenheimerbucks apparently. pick me up on the way kiimo. we will bring burritos and weed to the outpost

Yeah there were so many WHY DOES THIS WORK with that scene but that one tickled me right because they open it up to the big chorus when they're all in the big hall together

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Did they critique your shaving job?

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Did they critique your shaving job?

No comments. Nurse did the prep, doctor should be arriving any minute, we'll see what he thinks

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD6HpmfdBhw

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Say hello to Dr. Stiglitz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWpS4Sv7lWc&t=17s

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
Yeah me and my doctor just talked about our kids while he did the procedure. Super simple and easy.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Guys

https://twitter.com/formerlyfiz/status/1684904428829065216?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

hell yeah

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oil leak into an engine seize, welp guess who needs a new car

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Most men can’t pull of the Mercedes luxury LSD SWAGon

But I am not most people….

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

It’s wild watching smoke rise from your testicles.

That and the smell were a little disconcerting. All done, went pretty smoothly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

How many days are you taking off for R&R?