Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Kalli posted:

Oil leak into an engine seize, welp guess who needs a new car

:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Just today

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

When are you getting an airbrushed painting of a wizard riding a giant owl through space put on the side, before or after the shag carpet is installed?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

fartknocker posted:

When are you getting an airbrushed painting of a wizard riding a giant owl through space put on the side, before or after the shag carpet is installed?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Since y'all know far more then I do about cars.

I don't drive much or care about cars at all, probably put maybe 5-10k per year on it with two people driving the thing. My budget is whatever, but cheaper's better. I could do electric, but I don't think I qualify for the subsidies due to my income. Thinking about a volt or leaf as that'd be easy enough to handle I think? Longest trips should be maybe 80-100 miles round trip. All I'm really looking for is something I can do an oil change and inspection on occasionally and doesn't bother me otherwise.

I could also look at hybrids but my main worry there is the more poo poo there is in a car just means the more poo poo that can break.

The other part of the ideal is a car I can drive to tomorrow, buy and then have by next week sometime. Kinda scrolling through edmunds and carmax

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Kalli posted:

I don't drive much or care about cars at all, probably put maybe 5-10k per year on it with two people driving the thing. My budget is whatever, but cheaper's better. I could do electric, but I don't think I qualify for the subsidies due to my income. Thinking about a volt or leaf as that'd be easy enough to handle I think? Longest trips should be maybe 80-100 miles round trip. All I'm really looking for is something I can do an oil change and inspection on occasionally and doesn't bother me otherwise.

I could also look at hybrids but my main worry there is the more poo poo there is in a car just means the more poo poo that can break.

The other part of the ideal is a car I can drive to tomorrow, buy and then have by next week sometime. Kinda scrolling through edmunds and carmax

Most of what you wrote there is the same as 90% of the people who post in the "recommend me a car" thread in AI, and the borderline meme recommendation is a Prius. Toyota has earned (and maintained) their reputation for being pretty much bulletproof if you stick to the recommended maintenance schedule, and incredibly bullet resistant even if you don't.

I don't have enough experience to weigh in on much about electric vehicles (other than you won't need to worry about oil changes if you get one). If you have reliable access to a charger at home and would be doing max 80-100 mile round trips, it does sound like a pretty solid use case for electric, though.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Man I hate driving them though.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

That and the smell were a little disconcerting. All done, went pretty smoothly

Listen to the doctor when he tells you how long to wait to have sex. We tried to test it early and it went not so well.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kalli posted:

well if you go electric then you won't need to worry about oil changes!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Kalli posted:

Oil leak into an engine seize, welp guess who needs a new car

I didn't want this incredible post combo to be forgotten.

The comedy option is Kalli should buy FizFashizzle's old car.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I setup an appointment to test drive a 2021 Leaf in a few hours.

Excitement

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Mr. Nice! posted:

It’s wild watching smoke rise from your testicles.

Ben Shapiro, every time he has sex.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If you don't want to commit to electric, look at a Mazda 3. Toyota dealers know their reputation so they upcharge like crazy.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

kiimo posted:

Man I hate driving them though.

You pretty much can't go wrong with a gas powered Toyota either. I have a current gen Camry and as long as I don't drive like an idiot I can get 42 on the highway.

If you can't or won't swing the upfront cost on a Toyota, Mazda and Honda are great choices too. Really I think as long as you stay away from turbos, CVTs, Stellantis brands, and Kias/Hyundais from before 2022 you're going to find a good car.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

saintonan posted:

Listen to the doctor when he tells you how long to wait to have sex. We tried to test it early and it went not so well.

No sex (partner or self) for a week
No heavy lifting for a week
No pools/hot tubs/baths for a week
No showers for 24 hours

Got an ice pack on, time to play Zelda and watch TV all afternoon

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

a sexual elk posted:

I remember getting Pantera Live in Russia and my dad asking me if I was “Ready for this” when I was around 12. My dad is a metal head……well used to crash Sunset Blvd all thru the 80s/90s with giant hair, spandex, bullet belt…the works

My dad gave me a copy of Dave Matthews Band at around that age :(

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Exit… Van Left was my favorite, but the last one with Fear of the Dark (I forget the specific pun they did) was amazing.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

The Glumslinger posted:

My dad gave me a copy of Dave Matthews Band at around that age :(

This sounds like child abuse.

I was lucky that my musical upbringing involved hearing Frank Zappa and King Crimson beginning at a very young age lol

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No showers for 24 hours

Playing Zelda instead of having sex, just as nature intended

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I hope you bought a jock strap to hold everything in place for a few days. Helped a lot.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/RobertKennedyJr/status/1684909385376575488

uhhhhhh

I dunno, I guess give him the benefit of the doubt for now but that's sure something

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Intruder posted:

https://twitter.com/RobertKennedyJr/status/1684909385376575488

uhhhhhh

I dunno, I guess give him the benefit of the doubt for now but that's sure something

The presumptive nominees for the two main parties get secret service protection, and not until its official or a mere formality. Anyone else has to foot their own security bill as cost of the campaign.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Tested positive for covid after showing symptoms yesterday so now I'm stuck in Arlington instead of being home in LA from my work trip ugh

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

swickles posted:

The presumptive nominees for the two main parties get secret service protection, and not until its official or a mere formality. Anyone else has to foot their own security bill as cost of the campaign.

I meant the 1488 he snucks into the tweet :shobon:

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Tested positive for covid after showing symptoms yesterday so now I'm stuck in Arlington instead of being home in LA from my work trip ugh

drat. Hope it's not very severe

e: lol "snucks"

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

swickles posted:

He's posting the nazi numbers

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Intruder posted:

I meant the 1488 he snucks into the tweet :shobon:

That's the whole point of the tweet.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

fartknocker posted:

This sounds like child abuse.

Live at red rocks loving rules and their drummer is legendary, but yeah there’s only so much I can take.

No showers for 24 hours

Frozen peas are your god now

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

wait are you guys saying robert f kennedy jr is a secret nazi because gosh

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Leperflesh posted:

wait are you guys saying robert f kennedy jr is a secret nazi because gosh

I don’t know if I’d use the word secret.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

Live at red rocks loving rules and their drummer is legendary, but yeah there’s only so much I can take.

Carter Beauford rules so much

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Neat security feature being added to Android: it'll warn you if there is an airtag following you
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2023/07/android-phones-can-now-tell-you-if-theres-an-airtag-following-you/

This video is shared in that article:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TsnHVIhGYI

Not sure what the timeframe is, but it'll warn you if you're moving around and an air tag is moving with you. It says it'll even let you activate its audible alarm without alerting the account its tied to.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Intruder posted:

drat. Hope it's not very severe

I feel bad but not awful. I am very thankful for the billions of boosters I've had. Also kudos to my job for covering my expenses too. Wasn't expecting them to pay for my lodging and stuff!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I feel bad but not awful. I am very thankful for the billions of boosters I've had. Also kudos to my job for covering my expenses too. Wasn't expecting them to pay for my lodging and stuff!

Get better soon.

In game chat I picked up Diablo IV on this thread's general approval and my baby necromancer is blowing up so many corpses. Just giant piles of exploding corpses everywhere.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Someone PM Toaster Beef a Bluesky code. He was looking for one on the Musk thread, and I used my first one for the one other person I know irl who used Twitter.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Okay the van has a website

I uh…..can’t afford it

https://starlavan.com/

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

FizFashizzle posted:

Okay the van has a website

I uh…..can’t afford it

https://starlavan.com/

How much cocaine has been done in/around that van? I’m gonna guess more than killed the cocaine bear, but less than Black Sabbath during the recording of Vol. 4 when they were getting blow delivered in speaker boxes.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fartknocker posted:

How much cocaine has been done in/around that van? I’m gonna guess more than killed the cocaine bear, but less than Black Sabbath during the recording of Vol. 4 when they were getting blow delivered in speaker boxes.

No idea but this steering wheel is making my face numb

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I read both The Late Shift and The War for Late Night over the last couple of weeks and my biggest takeaway is that being a TV exec must be great because you can make the dumbest loving decisions at every turn and still have a successful career.

My second is that Leno is a comedy automaton who can only feel something if he’s destroying someone’s dream and hiding it behind his ah shucks persona.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Okay then. Test drove a leaf, probably buying it tomorrow morning. 2019, 24k miles on it, $18k list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

what's the range?