Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
All these movies are definitely happening

Can't believe Aaron Eckhart's hot Frankenstein didn't make the cut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Gripweed posted:

OK, iirc the Mummy's powers come from being possessed by an ancient Egyptian demon, and at the end of The Mummy Tom Cruise lets himself get possessed so he can bring some lady back to life, but then he just doesn't have the bad part of the possession happen. Like, He starts to do the double iris thing but then is like, "No I don't want that to happen" so it just doesn't. And he ends up with all of the Mummy powers but none of the downside of being possessed by evil. And the lady, no longer being possessed, just dies. She becomes a regular dead person who is fully dead. I think they put her back in her mummy tomb, for some reason, so Tom Cruise could theoretically bring her back to life at any point. So maybe they were planning on that happening in future installments of the Dark Universe. Or even offscreen after the events of The Mummy, since Tom Cruise can bring anyone back to life no problem, so anyone who dies in that movie series can be brought back at any point. Tom Cruise and the lady could just show up in The Invisible Man and you would barely even need one line of dialogue establishing that Tom Cruise brought her back for her Mummy knowledge or something.

Definitely read this

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

lol i take it back

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I am open to Last Voyage of the Demeter being good. No cities getting destroyed, no blue lasers from the sky, just a spooky monster on a boat.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Reminds me, I need to see Jason Takes Manhattan

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Invisible Man was good.

Uh, maybe they should just put Elisabeth Moss in all these things.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

WeaponX posted:

Best part about that picture- it wasn’t even a group photo, they shopped everyone individually lol

it looks like russell crowe was told to put his hand up like he was resting it on a chair but they ran out of chairs

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Gripweed posted:

I am open to Last Voyage of the Demeter being good. No cities getting destroyed, no blue lasers from the sky, just a spooky monster on a boat.

I am also. excited for dracula boat

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

I AM GRANDO posted:

Doesn’t Tom Cruise become the mummy at the end of that The Mummy movie? Why is the mummy lady in that group shot?

That's Penelope Cruz. Sofia Boutella played the first mummy in the Tom Cruise movie.

Want to guess who Penelope Cruz was supposed to be in the Dark Universe? The Bride of Frankenstein

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Gripweed posted:

Yeah but you know they aren't brave enough to kill the kid.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

the new ninja turtles is probably gonna kick rear end also as well, just my perception

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

PostNouveau posted:

All these movies are definitely happening

Can't believe Aaron Eckhart's hot Frankenstein didn't make the cut

That movie sucked rear end, but in a fun and slightly boring way. Also as I watched it, I kept thinking it looked visually too much like the Underworld movies, then it turned out that

Wikipedia posted:

Kevin Grevioux, creator of the graphic novel and the Underworld film series, had earlier expressed interest in making more I, Frankenstein films along with an Underworld crossover film. He stated in a pre-release interview that, in an early draft of his screenplay, Kate Beckinsale would have made a post-credits cameo appearance as Selene and that there would have been Underworld Easter eggs, but none of this was used.

LanceHunter posted:

That's Penelope Cruz. Sofia Boutella played the first mummy in the Tom Cruise movie.

Want to guess who Penelope Cruz was supposed to be in the Dark Universe? The Bride of Frankenstein

No that is Sofia Boutella in the photo. Goon face-blindness strikes again.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

Invisible Man was good.

Uh, maybe they should just put Elisabeth Moss in all these things.

Or have Leigh whannell direct more movies

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Space Jam posted:

it looks like russell crowe was told to put his hand up like he was resting it on a chair but they ran out of chairs

I thought he had a cane but they decided to edit it out.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Mordja posted:

Yeah but you know they aren't brave enough to kill the kid.

They'll make the kid a dracula and it'll be the sequel hook.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Gripweed posted:

feel like a movie whose title follows the format "the X of the Y" should be good. most movies like that tend to be good, or at least sound good

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

henkman posted:

Or have Leigh whannell direct more movies

No, no, no you have to think like ea producer

The Invisible Man was good and made its money back on a low budget

So you need to replicate the formula and make a $120M budget movie
The Monster Man
The Vampire Man
The Invisible WOMan

Any of those are fine, as long as there's a strong undercurrent theme of domestic violence

kalel posted:

feel like a movie whose title follows the format "the X of the Y" should be good. most movies like that tend to be good, or at least sound good

Now you're thinking like a producer!!!

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

poisonpill posted:

The Invisible Man was good and made its money back on a low budget

That's kind of downplaying a movie that grossed 20 times its production budget.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Not a fan of the new thread title

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
It only cost 7m?
Executives won't care about making movies that cheap. What good is grossing 140m when you could hide that in the budget of a 500m movie as payments to your personal front companies.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Saw the trailer for this and it looked like a Disney ride. Legit thought it was a Pirates of the Caribbean spinoff

I dont think they actually made a boat for this, or went out into the water. Felt like green ladders and platforms turned into a ship in Unreal

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

kalel posted:

The Space of the Cop

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

just watched the new exorcist trailer and i almost fell asleep. but for real, i actually like demonic possession movies. the worst part is always the catholicism stuff which is just too silly (in general), but i guess a possession movie without religion makes even less sense.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Hackers film 1995 posted:

just watched the new exorcist trailer and i almost fell asleep. but for real, i actually like demonic possession movies. the worst part is always the catholicism stuff which is just too silly (in general), but i guess a possession movie without religion makes even less sense.

They’re doing a possession movie without any religious stuff? Like a Star Trek episode except lame?

What the gently caress? Does China allow possession movies as long as Christianity isn’t involved?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
theres religious stuff i guess, it just didnt look catholic. one of the possessed girls interrupts what looked like a protestant service in the trailer

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Gutcruncher posted:

They’re doing a possession movie without any religious stuff? Like a Star Trek episode except lame?

What the gently caress? Does China allow possession movies as long as Christianity isn’t involved?

this thread is like a never-ending game of telephone

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Was does Satan need with a star ship?

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Gutcruncher posted:

no they are not doing a possession movie without religion. i dont think so at least. i was just saying that the religion stuff is always the silliest part of those types of movies

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Hackers film 1995 posted:

no they are not doing a possession movie without religion. i dont think so at least. i was just saying that the religion stuff is always the silliest part of those types of movies

There’s nothing that undercuts the terror of demons more than finding out Jesus is real and strong and our friend :worship:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
So what were the best studio interference calls anyway? They do exist and I used to remember a few more but as time has gone on I've stopped giving a poo poo. Apparently George miller wanted fury road to be B&W and the studio stopped that which actually was a good call. That movie had incredible color palette

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I heard that in the exorcism movie, since there's no religion, the main character gets possessed by grimace

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Paramount insisted on James Caan for Godfather (canceled out by the way they kept trying to nix Brando). Predator: the entire first half was basically the studio wanting more action. And pretty much every time a studio demands that a movie gets cut for time

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

hosed up that the new Exorcist remake starts with a fifteen minute monologue by Richard Dawkins disproving the existence of every religion

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Milo and POTUS posted:

So what were the best studio interference calls anyway? They do exist and I used to remember a few more but as time has gone on I've stopped giving a poo poo. Apparently George miller wanted fury road to be B&W and the studio stopped that which actually was a good call. That movie had incredible color palette

You know, it occurred to me that, despite the release of Black and Chrome - which probably wasn't a terrible amount of effort to put out - maybe he did that as a way to pre-emptively satisfy the studio need to meddle? Put up a front on it, insist in black and white, reluctantly relent, the studio suits feel they have their meddling victory and he gets more room to do what he wants?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Milo and POTUS posted:

So what were the best studio interference calls anyway?

Elaine Benes was the studio saying “your show needs a woman, add one”

Easily the best call a studio has ever made

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...eek-1235546957/

gonna make a billion dollars by next week

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

If you can’t get Framed today I don’t know what to tell you.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Murdstone posted:

If you can’t get Framed today I don’t know what to tell you.

Got it in one :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Gutcruncher posted:

Elaine Benes was the studio saying “your show needs a woman, add one”

Easily the best call a studio has ever made

good point she was right