Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

It owns because right as the mods are too lazy to do gang tags, someone comes in and gifts everyone avatars anyways, AND we have the emoji too

Everything worked out drat near ideal. What a sick Friday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
:byetankie: best $30 ever spent

Even spawned another tank emote :lol:

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Vampire Panties posted:

:laffo: wheres the cat

I went on wikipedia to find out what it was called because it was some hexapedal cat-like thing so I could be like ":goonsay: ACTUALY IT'S (WHATEVER)" and:

lmao it really is. the article is 10,000 words

DiomedesGodshill posted:

What have I done?

you were so preoccupied with whether you could that you neglected to consider what horror would be unleashed upon the world

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Toxic Mental posted:

It owns because right as the mods are too lazy to do gang tags, someone comes in and gifts everyone avatars anyways, AND we have the emoji too

Everything worked out drat near ideal. What a sick Friday

It's a NATO psyop :tinfoil:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

CommissarMega posted:

It's a NATO psyop :tinfoil:

Yer a NATO psyop

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I can't believe hillary is paying for avatars to rile up the russians.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Av check :byetankie:

E: Not bloodlusty war cheerleading enough apparently

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Mnoba posted:

i miss my old trump av with the snow i can't find it

You can look up old user avs at https://goons.neocities.org/

I found yours

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

It's better than nothing, but 12 AA guns is an insignificant number of AA guns.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Yer a NATO psyop

oh gently caress they're onto me

I've been rendered a poor waif in their underwear

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
They gave a lot more than that, I had to break the thread up for non tweeters

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Mnoba posted:

i miss my old trump av with the snow i can't find it

gently caress off chud.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

CommissarMega posted:

oh gently caress they're onto me

I've been rendered a poor waif in their underwear

Is that more elegant in the actual Russian?

Because that phrasing sounds utterly bizarre

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Has anyone said big titty anime waif yet?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

spankmeister posted:

I like your av

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

HonorableTB posted:

:byetankie: best $30 ever spent

Even spawned another tank emote :lol:

"The Great Tankie War Of 2023"... I was there. :zpatriot:

:byetankie:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

spankmeister posted:

Is it bloodlusty to want Russia to Pokémon go back to Russia and for Ukraine to be left alone?

Or just like, basic human decency

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

TulliusCicero posted:

Is it bloodthirsty to want Russia to Pokémon go back to Russia and for Ukraine to be left alone?

Ask not for whom the tankie buys avs, it buys avs for thee

zone
Dec 6, 2016

TulliusCicero posted:

Is it bloodlusty to want Russia to Pokémon go back to Russia and for Ukraine to be left alone?

That would mean amerikkka and the evil west weren't owned enough.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

tiaz posted:

I went on wikipedia to find out what it was called because it was some hexapedal cat-like thing so I could be like ":goonsay: ACTUALY IT'S (WHATEVER)" and:

lmao it really is. the article is 10,000 words

Fitting, since the books themselves are trillions of thousand of words on stupid poo poo themselves.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
Lol that zone, HonorableTB and WAR CRIME GIGOLO have more posts in this thread than I have in my 20 years total on this site.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

Prettz posted:

It's better than nothing, but 12 AA guns is an insignificant number of AA guns.

I don't know, Gepards seem like surefire solution to Shaheds and other drones they use in terror strikes, recon, counterbattery etc. I get it that 12 is not a lot, but I can image that might be enough to take the load off missiles for city defense from these drone strike tantrums. This is of course coming from absolutely 0 real knowledge, just "Gepards are good at shooting drones."

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

I like your av

Thanks! I've had it for a while but I'm quite fond of it myself.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

12 Gepards is nothing to sneeze at

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Commodore_64 posted:

I don't know, Gepards seem like surefire solution to Shaheds and other drones they use in terror strikes, recon, counterbattery etc. I get it that 12 is not a lot, but I can image that might be enough to take the load off missiles for city defense from these drone strike tantrums. This is of course coming from absolutely 0 real knowledge, just "Gepards are good at shooting drones."

Its not funny funny, but sort-of-funny that Gepards are exactly the weapons system everyone needs to have for the future wars, but it was basically rescued from the garbage heap for this war as everyone thought they aren't useful anymore for anything.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

SirJohanna posted:

drat, if I had made better life choices and been a person who actually posts in this thread instead of just lurking, I could have a sweet new avatar by now :(

Same, these kinda own

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I love German naming conventions; Flugabwehrkanonenpanzer Gepard

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

its all nice on rice posted:

I love German naming conventions; Flugabwehrkanonenpanzer Gepard

Gesundheit.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Von Pluring posted:

Lol that zone, HonorableTB and WAR CRIME GIGOLO have more posts in this thread than I have in my 20 years total on this site.

post more noob

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

zone posted:

Bold of them to think they'll keep Crimea.

I bet they're getting ready to say "we'll withdraw but we get to keep crimea" and have back channel assurances from the US that that'll be enough.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Panzeh posted:

I'm ready to see the first chonma-ho get blown up by a bradley autocannon

This is just my uninformed guesswork, but I think more than anything, they want artillery pieces and artillery ammunition from JucheLand, possibly ATGMs/MANPADs/small arms/etc. As well.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Still haven't figured out if we're getting the Bladerunner timeline or the Terminator timeline because both seem equally plausible. In the Terminator extended universe the aerial hunter-killer terminator models were the finalized result of drones similar to Reapers and what is being used now. Terminator lore whips rear end very unexpectedly

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Oldsmobile posted:

I bet they're getting ready to say "we'll withdraw but we get to keep crimea" and have back channel assurances from the US that that'll be enough.

about that, it was announced earlier today that absolutely nothing like that has happened lol

e: of course now that i go looking for it, naturally i can't find a tweet that I saw in passing while getting off the bus this morning

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jul 28, 2023

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Gwaihir posted:

Same, these kinda own

Your av rules tho

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Oldsmobile posted:

Well, its still not US decision to make. Although for realpolitik, if such offer came through, a some sort cease fire akin to Korea might happen.

And I don't think its a good one for the Ukrainian effort, even if it wins the Donbass area back; Russia just starts to rebuild and we get to witness a retry in 10 years, unless NATO eases off the "no contested land"-requirement for Ukraine.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Runa posted:

no one should be allowed to make hillary look at all imposing or effectual

How long of a prob would I get if I said Imperial Hillary is kind of sexy?

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Commodore_64 posted:

Yes but guns are very short-range. They don't have enough to cover the major cities from even the slow Shaheds. It's crazy they're not being given more AA guns.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
lol thought someething new happened with loads of posts.

Nope thread still laughing at getting someone to drop $400 on av's because of :byetankie:

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
:byetankie: what a world :byetankie:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011
I dunno, in the short term I just don't see Russia retreating full scale from all of Ukraine (minus Crimea and probably the rest of the areas they controlled pre-2022) like some are suggesting. Ukraine is making progress almost daily but Russia's hold on Ukraine's south seems far from being in danger of collapsing IMO.... unless they are really running out of resources behind the scenes and are just desperate to get out.