Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Andrew Verse posted:

Personally I think the new job is a Corsair, and when the cloak burns off in the full trailer the WoL is going to whip out a pistol for a classic buccaneering dual wield.

Yeah this is my thought as well. The job having a cool moment where you pull out your gun would own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

I wouldn't be surprised if the legacy scions kept their old outfits so we could get new looks for the party members who need them (erenville and krile)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

lines posted:

How so?

The TMNT had an anime in Japan where they all combine into a giant mecha turtle named Saint

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I swear if my shot in the dark nature mage guess from last night turns out being right I'm gonna be so psyched. They mentioned plants a lot. Yes the foliage all looks freakin' legit but it could have also been a hint

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Chillgamesh posted:

Oh, the new caster could also be Seer from FFTA2, which was a hybrid melee/caster that rocked a cat-ear hood like Krile. I don't know how it'd be functionally different from Red Mage though in 14.

Seer's defining ability is Magick Frenzy, which let them follow up a spell with a melee attack. You could make it something like that rather than RDM building up to a burst phaee of melee.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Best theory I've seen is that the TMNT are all named after famous artists, meaning we're getting a Relm mage class.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

My XBOX prediction was right :toot:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

thread title... :negative:

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Haven’t been following chat, but new takeaways:

-It’s a beach episode and maybe a martial arts tournament combined!
-New jobs prediction: Weaponmaster, Green Mage (or Geomancer?)
-Absolutely love that we’re getting more Hildibrand confirmation this early on
-Can’t wait to see how the new Gold Saucer game goes, and hopefully it’s a permanent thing like the Monster Hunter crossover
-Crossovers work, because this will totally get me to check out Fall Guys
-I now know when I need a system upgrade by. I meet the new minimum specs at least, but just meet them. Like exactly meet them.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

no blitzball... yet

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Technically…technically…he only said this exact Gold Saucer update wasn’t Blitzball. So, you know, expansion is still open.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah technically he only confirmed that blitzball wasn't 6.X

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Watching the trailer again and the theme sounds sort of Dream Theater-ish. Definitely a proggy vibe. Wonder if they got the Architects guy back, it's hard to tell with the garble.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I can't believe we're actually loving getting Jimmy Buffet's Moogleritaville

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

HPanda posted:

Haven’t been following chat, but new takeaways:

-It’s a beach episode and maybe a martial arts tournament combined!
-New jobs prediction: Weaponmaster, Green Mage (or Geomancer?)
-Absolutely love that we’re getting more Hildibrand confirmation this early on
-Can’t wait to see how the new Gold Saucer game goes, and hopefully it’s a permanent thing like the Monster Hunter crossover
-Crossovers work, because this will totally get me to check out Fall Guys
-I now know when I need a system upgrade by. I meet the new minimum specs at least, but just meet them. Like exactly meet them.

I have no interest in Fall Guys but I will buy up literally any FF14 skin they hopefully add to Fortnite one day

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Mordiceius posted:

I can't believe we're actually loving getting Jimmy Buffet's Moogleritaville

Verily, the maiming of my flip flop hath been sadly confirmed atwixt the folly of treading up on yon pop top

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

This was all well and good, but it's another expansion without the ability to date urianger announced. We're not getting any younger here yoshida

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The ninja turtles do have headband masks like the dread pirate Roberts. So I guess the shirt could be referring to a Pirate / Corsair job that way.

Now I want "I am not left handed" as some sort of combat action.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Thundarr posted:

The ninja turtles do have headband masks like the dread pirate Roberts. So I guess the shirt could be referring to a Pirate / Corsair job that way.

Now I want "I am not left handed" as some sort of combat action.

the left hand is gonna be too full of gun

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

No Mods No Masters posted:

This was all well and good, but it's another expansion without the ability to date urianger announced. We're not getting any younger here yoshida

I mean right now it looks like he is waiting for you at the bar

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

The TMNT had an anime in Japan where they all combine into a giant mecha turtle named Saint

If this happened I would never play another class

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
My hands are going to be too full of paintbrush. I'm putting all my eggs in the Pictomancer basket

Pictured: Me in 7.0

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

stev posted:

Watching the trailer again and the theme sounds sort of Dream Theater-ish. Definitely a proggy vibe. Wonder if they got the Architects guy back, it's hard to tell with the garble.

I'm pretty sure it's Soken's beautiful singing voice we're hearing in this version of the trailer.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Feldegast42 posted:

I mean right now it looks like he is waiting for you at the bar

Hey, me and my buddy over here really liked your vibes...

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

The trailer does it's best to obscure meteor's weapon in their left hand during the fight, I'm certain in the actual trailer they're gonna pull out a gun. Plus the art of Meteor on the site looks 100% like a pirate/sailor.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
the rest of the scions didn't quite understand what thancred and urianger meant when they said they were gonna go unicorn hunting

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

1stGear posted:

the rest of the scions didn't quite understand what thancred and urianger meant when they said they were gonna go unicorn hunting

lmao

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

1stGear posted:

lmfao

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Give me Pictomancer, Yoshi-P.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
WoL lookin pretty Shanks these days

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2023 Las Vegas Showcase Prediction RESULTS

We had some come close, many were far off, but here are the results of the guesses people made on this expansion announcement.

Once again, here is the link to the spreadsheet.

:pirate: What is the title for the 7.0 expansion?

Answer: Dawntrail.

Congrats to Morality_Police for actually nailing it with "Dawn Trail" (who are you and how did you know!??!!). Half points to Khledarn for their guess "Dawntreader"

:pirate: Which job is featured by the WoL?

Answer: Unknown/new job.

Congrats to RapGameGoku and the person who put their SA name as "don't actually have one lol" who both guessed that it would be a new/unknown job.

:pirate: Is the narrator for the 7.0 cinematic known? & Who is narrating the 7.0 cinematic?

Answer: No narrator. (Yes, there is some dialog, but no one is narrating the trailer)

Congrats to Consummate professional and wokow6 for both guessing NA/No Narrator

:pirate: What is the brief premise of the 7.0 expansion?

Answer: Journey to the new world/seek the city of gold/go on a vacation.

Congrats to the following people whose answers I felt were the closest:
Bruceski - Exploring new horizons
DrakePegasus - High adventure and connecting with new peoples
Tengames - Invited by someone to deal with a threat in the New World
wokow6 - WoL goes on a vacation.
Andrew Verse - Journey to new lands
Onean - Beginning a new journey.
parasyte - The WoL Eats The Hottest Pocket (Mord's note - Graha eats a taco)
Kerrzhe - Exploring the New World
Hogama - Finding the Cities of Gold

:pirate: What is featured on YoshiP's shirt?

Answer: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

No one guessed this.

:pirate: How many new zones are shown?

Answer: 2

A large list of people got this right. Just check the spreadsheet. lol

:pirate: How many new tribes are shown or mentioned? & Name one of the new tribes mentioned.

Answers: 1 & Pelupelu

While many people guessed 1, no one got Pelupelu.

:pirate: Garlemald Restoration announced?

Answer: No

Majority were correct, no announcement.

:pirate: Fem Hrothgar mentioned or shown?

Answer: Neither mentioned or shown.

Congrats to Morality_Police for being the only person to correctly guess that they would not be mentioned or shown. Majority were expecting a showing.

:pirate: Swing for the fences, give me a random unexpected feature announced.

Answers: Varied.

This was my favorite. More than a couple people got correct answers:
Mister Olympus - in-game raid diagram support
Bruceski - Dye Alpha channels
flavahbeast - Some kind of strategy thing where you fight guys on a map (I'm counting this as the strategy planner)
Wrestlepig - increased dye channels
SirPhoebos - X-Box release
Ynnek7 - New game added to the golden saucer (Go or Dominos) - I'm counting this for fall guys

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I wonder how Pictomancer would work if we actually get it…? Corsair makes a lot of sense as the new melee since a Rogue-type class that isn’t Ninja is a pretty big gap in the job roster, and it’s easy to see how it could play. But Picto seems a lot more abstract and difficult to implement

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Chillgamesh posted:

I wonder how Pictomancer would work if we actually get it…? Corsair makes a lot of sense as the new melee since a Rogue-type class that isn’t Ninja is a pretty big gap in the job roster, and it’s easy to see how it could play. But Picto seems a lot more abstract and difficult to implement

I think we have enough iconic interesting enemies to draw pictures of just from the MSQ. Remember, it’ll start at 80.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Sorry I'm late guys I've been worki-

What do you mean no blitzball?!

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Bruceski posted:

I went to compare it to the Endwalker first trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-bkJ2ZoW6k and the audio in that has the same distorted quality. I don't know if that's a pre-production thing or they're intentionally doing it to help hide cuts or what.

I think in this case the lyrics literally weren't done?

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Chillgamesh posted:

I would think there might be a lot of similarity with SMN in terms of having a kind of modal switch between several possible paintings, with only one active at a time, that would provide alterations to their basic attack abilities.

Or perhaps more uniquely, animating the paintings is the attacks, and they have several flourish or support abilities that modify those attacks, sort of like a ninjutsu system... (holy gently caress if it's TMNT for painter this kind of makes sense). Like they choose color combinations to determine what basic type of attack it is, with maybe some longer cooldown abilities to provide a flourish for an additional benefit to the attack.

Edit: Possibly with some aoe buff or debuff "splash" abilities so they fill a bit of a support role in that regard.

bobtheconqueror fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jul 28, 2023

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The dude who guessed Dawn Trail is going to get a knock on their door by SE

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgdgkZHR4dU&t=32s

lost ark has a painter class

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Wow a lot happened while I was away

I'm very stoked rn!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Hollywood WoL doing Disney movies I see.