Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I hope the soundtrack has the full NIN+Mariqueen treatment for the original theme like they did for Immigrant Song on Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

that'd be fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?
That was Karen O for Immigrant song

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ah drat, right
well I'd prefer her but I'd settle for either

or both

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I'm not sure that would work, but they did get Mike Patton to do the theme for the video game last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAxZo9DSXjI

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

NIN recreation stuff for nerds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYisOx49wxE

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

You've ruined the act, GOB.
The track list for TMNT is amazing.

PUKE GIRL

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
TMNT album dropped

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

jtr posted:

The track list for TMNT is amazing.

PUKE GIRL

It's funny that the soundtrack to a PG-rated movie has been marked "Explicit" apparently just because of 2 track titles containing the word "poo poo"? (With what seem to be rapidly evolving decisions about whether or not to censor the word.) I haven't listened to the whole thing yet but it appears to be all instrumental, too. Frank Zappa's spinning in his grave!

Of course, I've probably already put more thought into this than literally anyone else will. It's not like anyone will be prevented from listening to it.

Edit: finished listening, it's fun. Reminds me of an instrumental version of the sort of thing they were doing on Halsey's album.

Sir Lemming fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jul 28, 2023

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Listening now and Murder the Shreks! is giving me serious Bad Witch vibes.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
The film's not out in the UK until Monday so despite all these positive reviews of the soundtrack I'm exercising extreme restraint until I can listen to it in context first.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I've enjoyed all the Trent/Atticus scores to varying degrees but this might be the one I've enjoyed the most in years, drat. I gotta say, I was not expecting that from a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, but here we are. Tracks like Enter the 37th Chamber and A Zed and Two Noughts and Conveniently Placed Pizza Van are so good. This is the most NIN-sounding of their scores in a long time IMO. I'm mostly hearing Bad Witch and The Slip type sounds on this thing.

We don't get the movie until next Friday here in the US, but this made me get my ticket.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jul 28, 2023

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Carpet posted:

The film's not out in the UK until Monday so despite all these positive reviews of the soundtrack I'm exercising extreme restraint until I can listen to it in context first.

Are they still called Hero Turtles there?

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Nope, they can be called Ninja Turtles now, and can even feature nunchucks in a PG-rated film!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

NIN|JA

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

There's some nice crunchy glitch in there a la that old Error EP that Atticus made

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Of course they would get a explicit lyrics label for a PG film.

According to IMDB, Seth Rogen compared the soundtrack to Tony Hawk Pro Skater. He does know NIN was only in Project 8 in the series right?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Island Nation posted:

Of course they would get a explicit lyrics label for a PG film.

According to IMDB, Seth Rogen compared the soundtrack to Tony Hawk Pro Skater. He does know NIN was only in Project 8 in the series right?

I don't think he means it in that way lol

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Just got back from watching the film and it, along with the score, kicked rear end. Listening to it again has cemented what I thought while watching it - it sounds like a Nine Inch Nails score, not a Reznor/Finch one.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Carpet posted:

Just got back from watching the film and it, along with the score, kicked rear end. Listening to it again has cemented what I thought while watching it - it sounds like a Nine Inch Nails score, not a Reznor/Finch one.

I didn't realize "Sin" was about killing a mockingbird

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Today is Hesitation Marks' 10th birthday :toot: Gonna listen to it again in celebration.

As much as I like the trilogy of Not The Actual Events/Add Violence/Bad Witch, I still like Hesitation Marks more.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

It has probably been mentioned in the past that they were scoring this movie, but here is the trailer for The Killer, directed by David Fincher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs1epO_zLG8

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 30, 2023

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Rageaholic posted:

Today is Hesitation Marks' 10th birthday :toot: Gonna listen to it again in celebration.

10 years already?! Still play Satellite to this day (though think I prefer the live version).

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

spookygonk posted:

10 years already?! Still play Satellite to this day (though think I prefer the live version).
Speaking of live versions, I'm rewatching this and it still looks and sounds incredible:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBC3NXnN8y4

That lineup was god tier. From NINWiki:

quote:

Alessandro Cortini: Keyboards, programming, guitar, backing vocals
Josh Eustis: Guitar, keyboards, backing vocals, saxophone
Robin Finck: Guitar, keyboards, backing vocals
Lisa Fischer: Backing vocals
Sharlotte Gibson: Backing vocals
Pino Palladino: Bass
Trent Reznor: Vocals, guitar, keyboards
Ilan Rubin: Drums, cello, guitar

I'm soooooooo glad I got to see them on that tour. While I'm Still Here/Black Noise at the end with the backup singers was loving unbelievable.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Hesitation Marks is still one of my all time favorite albums. Incredibly low key.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm sad that I missed the 10th anniversary of this show/moment:

https://twitter.com/ninlive/status/1183382334868983814

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Rageaholic posted:

I'm soooooooo glad I got to see them on that tour. While I'm Still Here/Black Noise at the end with the backup singers was loving unbelievable.

Saw this line up in Boston and yeah it's hands down the best core group for a tour, Lisa and Sharlotte elevated every song and Pino added groove to everything he touched.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
It's probably my pick for worst NIN album but I don't even care, because it's still really good. They're like Depeche Mode, they've never betrayed who they are, so even the less-good stuff is worthwhile.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I got a new car and still feel adolescent enough to want some NIN stickers on it. Problem is I don’t even know where to get window stickers

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

Dr Tran posted:

I got a new car and still feel adolescent enough to want some NIN stickers on it. Problem is I don’t even know where to get window stickers

eBay has a bunch with different colors and sizes to choose

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Since this topic got a bump; I want more Deviations releases. Fragile Deviations was so good. It even has the “1” in the title, so you know he was planning on more.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

IUG posted:

Since this topic got a bump; I want more Deviations releases. Fragile Deviations was so good. It even has the “1” in the title, so you know he was planning on more.

Yeah it was loving awesome

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

IUG posted:

So did "1. Outside"

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I want more deviations and the “coming soon” with teeth remaster to actually come out tho I don’t have much hope of that.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

TOOT BOOT posted:

So did "1. Outside"

I can't believe you decided to attack me like this today

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

hurtin usa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmNSFqyg_Z8

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

This was great. Thanks for sharing!

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Photex posted:

Saw this line up in Boston and yeah it's hands down the best core group for a tour, Lisa and Sharlotte elevated every song and Pino added groove to everything he touched.

Pino's Sanctified bassline is so loving good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXBiYFoHsOg

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

That's a really good rework of the song, I like how they integrated the synth lead from Sunspots into it. Kinda wish there'd been those big booms leading into a noisy section, though :3:

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
I really wish we got more PHM reworks. Sanctified was loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Kinda I Want To & The Only Time are bangers I'd love to see/hear the modern live band perform. The guy playing bass in that Sanctified video would have probably had a lot of fun with the latter track particularly.

I know Sin is a staple of their live set as well but I've always wondered about a "What if..." scenario where maybe Liam Howlett did a remix to give it more teeth (:haw:) and the band performed it as a sort-of modern electro heavier track.

Would be interesting if the inverse was done also, and traditional heavy tracks were reworked into quiet versions. I know we've sort-of had that already via the remix EPs (I really like Further Down the Spiral) and Still of course, but I'd love to see a performance that's a weird setlist of updated deep cuts and reworks where every song is a surprise and the band lets loose a lot (thinking of Aaron North's incredible performance of The Big Come Down on BYIT as an example) even though it's a pipe dream.