Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Gunbreaker Cartridges are already called "Soils" in the Japanese version.

Great, now I need to macro "I've chosen the soil for the likes of you!" on Continuation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

let animes enjoy tacos ffs

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Man, they're going to have a panic attack when they learn fast food exists.

That's very possible. I was just BSing a reason off the top of my head why we'd fight the king.

I used to work at a carls jr that also had a green burrito. Thats right, you could order a burger AND a taco

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
More job theories -

The Foot clan is in TMNT - thus they're adding a Pedicurist crafting job for all the foot freaks.

Shredder is the reoccurring villain. We'll be shredding in the New World as the Skate Punk job.

TMNT frequently has ooze. You know what that is? Fukkin chemistry. Chemist is now a ranged magical DPS class.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Runa posted:

Oh drat that's a hosed up take

It reminds me of another insane unironic take I saw on these very forums a couple years ago where a guy got yelled at for making his own curry at home instead of "going to a local business and making sure to ask the owner about his culture" which is the most patronizing and insane thing ever.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

No Mods No Masters posted:

They said explicitly during the presentation that guy is the king.

Maybe this is just my storytelling instincts speaking, but I think it would strain credulity in too much of a dumb anime way if he wanted an outsider to come in and rule. Probably it's a proxy conflict between candidates factions and interests within their own culture and the scions differ over what's best
So the letter on Krile's desk was written by Gulool Ja Ja and was addressed to Galuf, as shown here. So it could be that he's testing our chops since we're not the guy he was expecting to show up.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
im never going to believe anyone saying graha eating a taco is racist in good faith and will instead assume you all got trolled

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
You're all going to be extremely embarrassed after he takes a bite of that taco and starts saying slurs.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
will krile in the full 7.0 trailer be the first lalafell in an expansion trailer? good for her.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Also - looking at the trailer for the most obvious "cut" points -

At about 1:08, some mamool ja are in the forest and looking in the distance and then we cut to the city with them bringing in a big dead beast (that looks like a massive crocodile). Probably a fight scene got cut that shows off a new class?

The cut from Y'shtola to G'raha Tia at 1:37 feels really awkward.

Post Urianger, they're clearly cutting away at 1:54.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Countblanc posted:

will krile in the full 7.0 trailer be the first lalafell in an expansion trailer? good for her.

Lolorito was in the Heavensward trailer. And the WHM Warrior of Light was in the first ARR/Answers one.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Look forward to 8.0 where graha eats peking duck

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Nanamo was in the Heavensward trailer.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It reminds me of another insane unironic take I saw on these very forums a couple years ago where a guy got yelled at for making his own curry at home instead of "going to a local business and making sure to ask the owner about his culture" which is the most patronizing and insane thing ever.

This can't be real

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

This can't be real

It was not a bit, which is why I don't have a hard time beveling the taco thing was sincere as well lol.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Runa posted:

let animes enjoy tacos ffs

We already have Mahjong, so tacos were the logical next step.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
If you enter a taqueria and there is a painting of Goku on the wall, you're in a good place.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Vermain posted:

FFXIV's newest jobs, green mage and Kevin

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Endorph posted:

Look forward to 8.0 where graha eats peking duck

Given the events that occur after that happens in another popular Japanese franchise I don't look forward to what happens to Graha that expansion. :stonk:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Paul, you're a warwilf!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Countblanc posted:

im never going to believe anyone saying graha eating a taco is racist in good faith and will instead assume you all got trolled

I'm in Portland, where we had an actually appropriative burrito cart that has had everyone jumpy and overreactive for the last five years. As long as you're selling the food and not selling the culture you're fine, and definitely don't brag about stealing recipes from Mexican women who were reluctant to share and that's why you're "authentic" and better than all the other food carts.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
They should have done a time skip and given us long Alphinaud

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Firebert posted:

its honestly kinda funny that we're getting salt and pepper Meteor but everyone else still looks the same

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Firebert posted:

Long Alphinaud but Alisaie remains the same height and spends the entire vacation having a breakdown over it.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm not sure we can draw too much conclusion from the sword the WoL uses in the trailer. It's pretty close to a lot of the "bastard swords" PLD uses. It seems closer sized to a RDM sword, but most of those have bigger hand guards, I could only find one that didn't.

Here's my totally professionally assembled evidence:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Shadowbringers: This is G'raha Tia. You will love him.

Me: Meh.

Endwalker: Hello, I am Erenville. Well, goodbye.

Me: I'll follow you to the ends of the world.

Ikr...he really is a flawless new cast member and we should get every chance to speak to him once we arrive in the new country.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Funky Valentine posted:

Long Alphinaud but Alisaie remains the same height and spends the entire vacation having a breakdown over it.

Oh God the the unconcealed rage would be wonderful

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Countblanc posted:

its honestly kinda funny that we're getting salt and pepper Meteor but everyone else still looks the same

After a five year timeskip, time spent on The First, and sailing journeys to the Far East, Sharlayan, and the New World, Y'shtola is now 23.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

OB_Juan posted:

I'm not sure we can draw too much conclusion from the sword the WoL uses in the trailer. It's pretty close to a lot of the "bastard swords" PLD uses. It seems closer sized to a RDM sword, but most of those have bigger hand guards, I could only find one that didn't.

Here's my totally professionally assembled evidence:

I was thinking earlier it would be extremely funny if they were ultimately just like "red mage has a pirate themed AF set this expansion."

I have nothing against corsair etc but that would be amazing

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Waffleman_ posted:

Shadowbringers: This is G'raha Tia. You will love him.

Me: Meh.

Endwalker: Hello, I am Erenville. Well, goodbye.

Me: I'll follow you to the ends of the world.

I thought G'raha was alright in 5.0 and 5.3 (and Ultima Thule), but the rest of the time he has just been waaaaaay too thirsty for the WoL for my liking.

I am glad Erenville is coming back, though!

Leal posted:

I used to work at a carls jr that also had a green burrito. Thats right, you could order a burger AND a taco

Dang, that looks like it'd hit the spot.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

frankly food is so thematically important in FFXIV it would be pretty hosed up not to show the scions taking in some local cuisine. however, it would be cowardly not to acknowledge that their diet of fishloaf, pizza, and burgers has left them critically vulnerable to any food with even the slightest actual flavor or spice. tough needle to thread.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Ojjeorago posted:

After a five year timeskip, time spent on The First, and sailing journeys to the Far East, Sharlayan, and the New World, Y'shtola is now 23.

She spends the expac searching for the fountain of youth, just to do exactly that.

Alphinaud stumbles into it and shrinks a couple inches. I think we all know the sound he makes as he falls in.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm not saying it is or isn't anything, just don't judge by that particular sword render.

I'm thinking the melee dps is a dual sword scouting type. It's what Gulool Ja Ja is depicted swinging around, anyhow. It's also one of the weapon options on Yoshi-p's shirt.

Caster DPS, I have no idea on. Here's hoping it's weird. Maybe instead of summoning primals, it just summons hordes of little guys that each do a bit of damage before despawning.

Also, RIP 7.x's DPS dungeon queue times forever.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Just do trusts for the dungeons.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

OB_Juan posted:

Also, RIP 7.x's DPS dungeon queue times forever.

it's definitely less of an issue than it was in Stormblood now that we have duty support. see a queue estimates more than 20 minutes? hit da bricks cause it'll take as long or longer than just dropping in with trusts.

time will tell if they add duty support to the trials though.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

OB_Juan posted:

I'm not saying it is or isn't anything, just don't judge by that particular sword render.

I'm thinking the melee dps is a dual sword scouting type. It's what Gulool Ja Ja is depicted swinging around, anyhow. It's also one of the weapon options on Yoshi-p's shirt.

If you pause the video you can see there's what looks like a gun holster on the part of the WoL's armor that you can''t see at the end

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
At this point, we know it’s Corsair/pirate/mariner/swashbuckler type class. Still, would be hilarious if they made it so obvious on purpose to pull a fake out in October.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
If Captain Jacke doesn't show up for a Corsair quest in 7.0, that will be an extremely missed opportunity.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

If you pause the video you can see there's what looks like a gun holster on the part of the WoL's armor that you can''t see at the end

It's a red mage :orb:, this theory just keeps getting stronger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Last year me is vindicated in thinking double DPS was likely for 7.0, they just haven't really altered their trailer job choices, and it still seemed early to me to drop a new Tank. It may be a consideration from now on with Striking/Maiming/Scouting as separate categories for role balance rather than just Melee DPS. And yeah, Duty Support existing should do a lot to sand the edges off the Stormblood Queue Problem (which really didn't take all that long to normalize, maybe a month or two at the longest).