Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Zisky posted:

My dad sent me a Mick West video about the hearing lmao. He has no idea what he's getting himself into with me.

:sever:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

hahaha

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

What's the thing about Randi being a pedo? I remember he was rather infamous for covering for his buddy Michael Shirmer, another noted skeptic, who was credibly accused of sexually harassing his way across every conference Randi sent him to, but I didn't know he had any allegations himself.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Azathoth posted:

What's the thing about Randi being a pedo? I remember he was rather infamous for covering for his buddy Michael Shirmer, another noted skeptic, who was credibly accused of sexually harassing his way across every conference Randi sent him to, but I didn't know he had any allegations himself.

Iirc it's just dumb age gap discourse but maybe I missed something?

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023
randi debunked a guy named hydrick on a tv show by sprinkling packing peanuts around an open book so they'd blow off if hydrick blew on the page, which was how he'd telekinetically turn the page. hydrick said the static electricity or some poo poo from the peanuts messed it up

hydrick was arrested years later for pedo crimes, so actually randi is a pedo buster

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Some quick googling shows that he once lost a defamation suit where he called someone else a pedophile and then couldn't back it up in court, but that's as close as I got.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

I wish this wasn't so teeny tiny

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Zisky posted:

I found this https://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/james-randis-alleged-sex-tape/ he’s supposedly on tape soliciting blowjobs from 17-19 year olds ideally while driving. he claims he was recording harassing phone calls after someone posted his number in one of those “for a good time call” mens room scrawls.

also learned the Amazing in his name refers to his 9.5 inches

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

inchworm posted:

randi debunked a guy named hydrick on a tv show by sprinkling packing peanuts around an open book so they'd blow off if hydrick blew on the page, which was how he'd telekinetically turn the page. hydrick said the static electricity or some poo poo from the peanuts messed it up

hydrick was arrested years later for pedo crimes, so actually randi is a pedo buster

Also lmao at how the cops found out where he was to arrest him:

quote:

Wanted on an outstanding warrant, Hydrick was apprehended after police saw him discussing psychic powers on the Sally Jessy Raphael talk show. In 1989, Hydrick was sentenced to 17 years for molesting five boys in Huntington Beach, California. After serving his sentence, he was remanded to Atascadero State Hospital for treatment under the state's sexually violent predator law. Psychologist Jesus Padilla described Hydrick as "an extremely difficult patient" who suffers from pedophilia, paraphilia, and antisocial personality disorder. Hydrick petitioned for release in May 2013, but a trial resulted in a hung jury. As of 2021, he is housed at the Coalinga State Hospital.

SHUT UP WESLEY
Mar 15, 2010

Azathoth posted:

Some quick googling shows that he once lost a defamation suit where he called someone else a pedophile and then couldn't back it up in court, but that's as close as I got.

shouldve checked your old issues of Saucer Smear

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

lol @ the big brains overnight boy do i feel embarrased lmao

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

its time for another X-Files rewatch. the ultimate comfort food

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Zisky posted:

i feel like i watched a doc on him or something, and he had a very long relationship with a guy who definitely was much younger than him and who he met when he was at a questionable age which was a bit :crossarms:

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

mistermojo posted:

:haibrow:

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
If one of the species of bird is an alien race I'm going to laugh myself to death

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

mistermojo posted:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Pooky posted:

If one of the species of bird is an alien race I'm going to laugh myself to death

what if the supposed air battles are extraterrestrials vs interdimensional NHI o.O

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Pooky posted:

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Fluidic space is leaking

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Lokar posted:

oh yeah

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
I really wanna know what the hell happened at Nuremberg.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

mistermojo posted:

X-FIles good

but Twin Peaks is where it's really at

SHUT UP WESLEY
Mar 15, 2010

Twin Peaks Season Three

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Zisky posted:

"leave nothing but footprints" vs "hands on"

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

Barry Foster posted:

I wish this wasn't so teeny tiny

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

SHUT UP WESLEY posted:

Twin Peaks Season Three

Twin Peaks Season Three is a test, and I think (I hope) I passed it

:tipshat:

Barry Foster has issued a correction as of 01:25 on Jul 29, 2023

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Zisky posted:

it was the last time our backwater "changed hands" i think

like drone fighterjets dogfighting over an uncontacted tribe

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1685081732494794752?s=20

shut the gently caress up dork

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Barry Foster posted:

One of my absolute favourite classic cases

The audio of them being secretly taped is honestly pretty bone-chilling, they're super freaked out about something

Anybody got a link to the audio?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Good stuff in the last few pages. Sceptics. Mississippi abduction. Mellon pointing to satellite imagery.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

D-Pad posted:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I think it's aliens and I can imagine the same scenario honestly

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

quote:

Shortly after he and colleagues were awarded a grant from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) to look for evidence of advanced technology on planets outside the solar system

dude wants his grant money

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

shameful

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

D-Pad posted:

Maybe this is it? I'm not really in a position to check audio ATM. They have a few files there relating to the whole thing though.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It is very funny that our search for ETs has been with things like deep space probes while they were potentially just buzzing around us this whole time.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i think i had this, or got it from the library at least.

https://twitter.com/alexriesart/status/1685014188861579265?s=20

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

lol cnn is really bringing out all the debunkers they can find eh?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

I had an edition that had UFOs, ghosts, and cryptids all in one book, to which I credit my lifelong interest in the weird and paranormal. Read it cover to cover many many times.

Also had one that was Greek and Norse mythology that was badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

lol i remember the one that looks like a clothes iron!