Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
he's gonna block an attack with his left arm and the monster will be like ????, and then he'll summon a giant magic sword to impale the monster and it'll reveal he's just a PLD who's using the invisible shield glam to match his vacation look.

then he'll job change mid-combat to the new job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

brave of them to willingly remind people of FFU

I keep trying to suppress that

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
On the one hand, I kind of get the fear of poor handling given that the framing of "discovery" of the "New World," the idea of vacationing in exotic locales, and preoccupation with the Golden City all have bad history behind them. On the other hand, the devs' track record is pretty good wrt similar subject matter.

The whole bit about the Scions getting divided makes me think we're going to have an Orzammar kind of situation (two deadlocked factions looking to succeed the throne and wanting support to tip the scales), but the Scions will split up to help both sides instead of acting as a single kingmaking foreign power.

Valentin posted:

frankly food is so thematically important in FFXIV it would be pretty hosed up not to show the scions taking in some local cuisine. however, it would be cowardly not to acknowledge that their diet of fishloaf, pizza, and burgers has left them critically vulnerable to any food with even the slightest actual flavor or spice. tough needle to thread.

It would be very funny if the entire gang gets knocked flat by spice--except the WoL, who was prepared by experience with Zero's Special Curry in the 6.X patches. :c00l:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
oh my god

it's pictomancer. krile is the new job and its pictomancer, so she can change jobs and still have a cat hood.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Hogama posted:

Last year me is vindicated in thinking double DPS was likely for 7.0, they just haven't really altered their trailer job choices, and it still seemed early to me to drop a new Tank. It may be a consideration from now on with Striking/Maiming/Scouting as separate categories for role balance rather than just Melee DPS. And yeah, Duty Support existing should do a lot to sand the edges off the Stormblood Queue Problem (which really didn't take all that long to normalize, maybe a month or two at the longest).

i think the main reason they dont go right back to tank is because doing tank and healer alternating would add way too many tanks and healers.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Did Wedge grow his hair out a little?

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
It's Tataru. She built the boat.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Krile's gonna knife someone with a paintbrush.

I didn't post this picture already, did I?

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Bloody Emissary posted:

On the one hand, I kind of get the fear of poor handling given that the framing of "discovery" of the "New World," the idea of vacationing in exotic locales, and preoccupation with the Golden City all have bad history behind them.

drat your right. i think i'm gonna sit this next one out. cheers

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Maybe the navigator is a Pelu Pelu?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it’s gonna be Pictomancer and Corsair

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
reverse RDM where you blast yourself out of melee range with a hand-cannon.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Veev posted:

reverse RDM where you blast yourself off the platform with a hand-cannon.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
as is tradition

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Saw someone saying on Twitter Ishikawa confirmed she isn't writing Dawntrail?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/Mcstronghuge/status/1685017489598451712

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Saw someone saying on Twitter Ishikawa confirmed she isn't writing Dawntrail?

She's supervising now, the person who wrote the pandamoneum raids is Dawntrails head writer.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Keyblade Master confirmed for 7.0, look at all those Recusant's Sigils.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Psychic job confirmed

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
rofl - for the cosplay walk, a couple came out as Fourchenault and Ameliance with Ameliance wearing a 2B dress.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Countblanc posted:

oh my god

it's pictomancer. krile is the new job and its pictomancer, so she can change jobs and still have a cat hood.

I will only accept Pictomancer if its core ability breaks the game and deposits a bunch of random items in your inventory and deletes your chainsaw.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

extremely poor trigger discipline on that invisible gun

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

HackensackBackpack posted:

I will only accept Pictomancer if its core ability breaks the game and deposits a bunch of random items in your inventory and deletes your chainsaw.

Well id be going from MCH to ART so itd delete mine

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Endorph posted:

Look forward to 8.0 where graha eats peking duck

somehow, emet has returned and has another gun

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Veev posted:

reverse RDM where you blast yourself out of melee range with a hand-cannon.

Was thinking it would probably have positionals that were like "Potency increases the further away from the target you are, up to X at Y yalms" and then have lots of moves that jump you in and out

They would be cooldowns and not combo moves to prevent another Fleeting > Forked Raiju situation

Also it'd roll random small buffs for itself, kind of like AST where you have a desired outcome that you don't always roll but you roll it often enough that it averages out

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

that zero cosplay before was loving phenomenal but i'm kinda rooting for cactuar man for the cosplay walkout

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
oh god I hadn't even THOUGHT about the potential of a XIV Phantom Dice

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

God bless the hero sam protesting for the return of kaiten :patriot:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i always love these walkons because they're a nice mix of amateurs with an earnest effort, extremely high quality multi-hundred dollar outfits with perfect hair and makeup, and then people dressing up as The Grapes

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/_darkdragoon/status/1684992638225903616?s=46&t=-83MqnB_46lmmYtdOkaTyg

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zaggitz posted:

She's supervising now, the person who wrote the pandamoneum raids is Dawntrails head writer.
glad she's getting to take a step back. i think cycling writers is good. pandemonium had its ups and downs but hell, ishikawa wrote stuff in the arr-stormblood days that wasnt top shelf

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Zaggitz posted:

Oh no.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Zaggitz posted:

I really liked the last tier of Pandy so that's cool I guess

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Potentially world-ending monster jail story is very different from beach episode tournament arc, so probably can't draw many conclusions based on that work alone.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Pandaemonium was a bit of a mess and there's a lot I'd have done differently, but the emotional beats in the second and third parts hit pretty well so I have faith in the new dude.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Vermain posted:

i always love these walkons because they're a nice mix of amateurs with an earnest effort, extremely high quality multi-hundred dollar outfits with perfect hair and makeup, and then people dressing up as The Grapes

So, the meme about FFXIV party member names, but with cosplay.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
They said they want to give the Warrior of Light the best summer vacation ever, so I'm kind of hoping that theme sticks through all of the elements of this expansion (raid series included). Just 2-3 years of FF14 vacation time in various ways. And when the next expansions come out and new people play through it, it'll seem crazy that this relative blip of a vacation lasted for so long for current players.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

HPanda posted:

Potentially world-ending monster jail story is very different from beach episode tournament arc, so probably can't draw many conclusions based on that work alone.

he wrote a lot of the post-stormblood and post-shadowbringers msq stuff, as well as the black mage/bard/dancer quests, all of which are pretty decent.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Zaggitz posted:

Whose ex-wife is going to try to destroy the world this time?

Endorph posted:

he wrote a lot of the post-stormblood and post-shadowbringers msq stuff, as well as the black mage/bard/dancer quests, all of which are pretty decent.

Post-Shadowbringers is the only part of that I recall being ehhhh (well, 5.4 - 5.55 at least), so that's a pretty good rap sheet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Whose ex-wife is going to try to destroy the world this time?

We just need to get all of these ex-wives that this guy writes to team up with all the sad boys that Ishikawa writes.