Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
I remember the Playmobil movie because when they announced it, one of the directors referred to the "virginity of Playmobil"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I mean, you can’t even spread their legs open.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I mean, you can’t even spread their legs open.

They can still bend over, Your Holiness.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I’ll be right back.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Last Voyage of the Demeter looks like a perfect second-run theater movie. Probably won’t be great, but looks fun enough for like $10. Too bad we have no second run theaters here so I’ll probably spend $30 on it because I’m a simp for Dracula.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Baron von Eevl posted:

So you're saying make a movie about the cowboy?

A movie about a 19th century cowboy hunting a vampire in Europe? Yes please.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
If you're looking forward to Last Voyage of the Demeter, the good news is it's the same guy that did Troll Hunter. The bad news is he also did Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

live with fruit posted:

A movie about a 19th century cowboy hunting a vampire in Europe? Yes please.

Yeah right, what's he gonna use against Dracula and all his creatures of the night? A bullwhip? That idea will never work.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Get back to me when they make a movie about how The Legend of Dragula Is Born

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Lobok posted:

Yeah right, what's he gonna use against Dracula and all his creatures of the night? A bullwhip? That idea will never work.

cowbo belmont, i might play that game

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Lobok posted:

I'm going to watch Young Indiana Jones vs. Dracula and get back to you.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

flashy_mcflash posted:

I've seen it, it's not terrible and has a bizarrely good voice cast but nothing my kids and certainly I have thought about since then.

The Playmobil movie is basically what people thought The Lego Movie would have been.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The Dracula movie looks good but then again I just watched and enjoyed the descent part 2 so what the hell do I know

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MikeJF posted:

Giving us that clear a look at Dracula on the poster doesn't fill me with confidence. Then again, marketing != director.

Tracking bumps in a gigantic way when you mention Dracula and show him. We shifted gears halfway through and put him front and center.

In LATAM they had Dracula in the title and unaided awareness was a full 25 points higher than anywhere else.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

kiimo posted:

Tracking bumps in a gigantic way when you mention Dracula and show him. We shifted gears halfway through and put him front and center.

In LATAM they had Dracula in the title and unaided awareness was a full 25 points higher than anywhere else.

You should start putting Dracula in materials for all movies.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mister Chief posted:

You should start putting Dracula in all movies.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Some studio exec just founded the Dracula Presents film distribution company.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I’d rather not go back to the Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter/Pride and Prejudice and Zombies era tyvm

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Freaquency posted:

I’d rather not go back to the Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter/Pride and Prejudice and Zombies era tyvm

Yeah, but come on you can't say you wouldn't watch Fast XI: Dracula's revenge!

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Light Gun Man posted:

cowbo belmont, i might play that game

Good news, it already exists.

He doesn't wear a cowboy hat, but the son of Quincey Morris is one of the two playable characters.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
oh, i DID play that game

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
With your avatar I would've been surprised if you had genuinely never heard of it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Nautical horror is way too rare so of course I'll be watching this, good or bad

One of the only decent episodes of Love Death and Robot's last season was "Bad Travelling" with a bunch of sailors trapped on a ship with a sea monster that's eating them one by one.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

On the subject of nautical horror, I would be remiss to not mention "The Butcher’s Table" from Nathan Ballingrud's book Wounds. If anyone is into nautical horror, you absolutely, positively have to read that novella, it's possibly the best story ever written about pirate satanists sailing to Hell.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Smdh if u don't just watch the opening 5 minutes of Ghost Ship then turn the movie off

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Season 1 was one of the only good things Marvel has released since Endgame, so I'm looking forward to a bunch of executives getting their fingers into this season and ruining it.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
Benson and Moorhead are directing it, which is at least an interesting choice

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Didn't they do several episodes of the extremely bad Moon Knight show?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

7 years ago today

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Reading about this one now, absolutely excited to check it out

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Reading about this one now, absolutely excited to check it out

I still know nothing about it, but the title and that poster is sure selling the hell out of it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

dr_rat posted:

I still know nothing about it, but the title and that poster is sure selling the hell out of it.

Check out the original poster

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/studiotstella/status/1685605872238538752

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Mister Chief posted:

You should start putting Dracula in materials for all movies.

Dracula is featured in this movie poster (obviously)

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Americky filmovy

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Waffleman_ posted:

Americky filmovy

Alfreda Hitchcocka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
(holding pierogies in each of my fists) Alfreda Hitchcocka

(flat Midwest accent) Anthony Perkins

When I was a kid my Polish cousins came over to visit and my grandma put a big pan of golumpki on the kitchen table and said, "Enjoy your ga-LOOM-ki!" and one of them went, "It's just 'golumpki.'"