Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
GP levelheadedly talking to Max like he's a spoiled chi—wait a moment…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

net work error posted:

He outqualified both Dan and Hulkenberg 💪😤

tsunoda whipped dans rear end on a real track

whiskas
May 30, 2005
My LG direct drive washer was responsible for two leaks, they cheaped out big time on the hot and cold water valves. It's such a common problem that any appliance repairman has spares in the van. Also those valves are hard on the plumbing, make sure you have water hammer arrestors upstream of them.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Abner Assington posted:

GP levelheadedly talking to Max like he's a spoiled chi—wait a moment…

I love how he immediately shut up after that. He knew GP was right.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

Sunk Dunk posted:

does anyone have a "get in there lewis" tramp stamp?

No, but I could ask my girlfriend to shave my lower back hair into a Mercedes logo for you.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Don't threaten us with a good time.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Zedd posted:

stupid bullshit like Wi-Fi/an App.

Cons: the app for my dryer makes the Alexa constantly tell me that it is out of dryer sheets (it has no dryer sheet storage inside it, so it will perpetually be out of dryer sheets)
Pros: when my wife asks "is the dryer done?" I barely have to wake up from my F1 induced haze to check the app and tell her no (which I will do anyhow, because she's going to say "can you take the stuff out of the dryer" if I say yes).

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

whiskas posted:

My LG direct drive washer was responsible for two leaks, they cheaped out big time on the hot and cold water valves. It's such a common problem that any appliance repairman has spares in the van. Also those valves are hard on the plumbing, make sure you have water hammer arrestors upstream of them.

could you tell this to the track engineers at spa

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Sash! posted:

Cons: the app for my dryer makes the Alexa constantly tell me that it is out of dryer sheets (it has no dryer sheet storage inside it, so it will perpetually be out of dryer sheets)
Pros: when my wife asks "is the dryer done?" I barely have to wake up from my F1 induced haze to check the app and tell her no (which I will do anyhow, because she's going to say "can you take the stuff out of the dryer" if I say yes).

accepting this like its some sort of faustian bargain and not something horrible thats been thrust upon you against your will is the reason why America is a nation in decline.

WHERE MY HAT IS AT
Jan 7, 2011

atvrager posted:

load cells sense pressure, instead of position like cheaper pedals

What’s wrong with sensing position?

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

tony quidtana posted:

accepting this like its some sort of faustian bargain and not something horrible thats been thrust upon you against your will is the reason why America is a nation in decline.

This but about haas

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

WHERE MY HAT IS AT posted:

What’s wrong with sensing position?

brake travel and pressure are not linear

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

look I'm not gonna say jos had a point

Fender
Oct 9, 2000
Mechanical Bunny Rabbits!
Dinosaur Gum

spaceblancmange posted:

brake travel and pressure are not linear

This. And muscle memory is much better at pressure/force than it is distance.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

tony quidtana posted:

HHF to me is always the case study for how much psychology plays into racing. Dude was loving nowhere in a way better car because the team environment was terrible/didn't gel with him, put him in the right environment and he suddenly became a championship contender.

He also ate poo poo in both International and Japanese F3000.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Maybe the Jordan 199 was actually the greatest F1 car of all time and HHF and Damon Hill were simply frauds.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
It was really good but Hill was checked out.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Disappointed to see the continuing racism of the FIA against Are Dan.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Dictator. posted:

Always buy Miele cause it’s the Max Verstappen of appliances

Imo that was true like 10yrs ago, nowadays it is more like a hamilton situation

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

AutismVaccine posted:

Imo that was true like 10yrs ago, nowadays it is more like a hamilton situation

Miele is washed?

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Nah, still good but others caught up

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
sprint shootout is "delayed" lol c'mon
gonna be hours before even a brief pause in the rain
why delay at all
just cancel this poo poo

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Remember when we used to take the piss out of Nascar for acting like they were the wicked witch of the west?

Now they'll run in anything and F1 cars explode if there's a drop of rain 10 miles away.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Cirofren posted:

sprint shootout is "delayed" lol c'mon
gonna be hours before even a brief pause in the rain
why delay at all
just cancel this poo poo

Well I guess I'll go back to watching the Supercars race and the cricket

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I do appreciate how they gently caress with the entire quali system to use 2 fewer tyres a weekend while carrying 100 sets of wets around the world they'll never let them use.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Dudley posted:

Remember when we used to take the piss out of Nascar for acting like they were the wicked witch of the west?

Now they'll run in anything and F1 cars explode if there's a drop of rain 10 miles away.

Time for f1 to race on a dirt track!

Honestly couldn't believe it when I watched a Nascar race recently where they raced on a dirt oval.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Sad that they used to not even red flag a race when it would have a monsoon downpour of rain at the Sepang track. Just a short safety car, then back into it.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Cancel F1 back to and including the 2021 season imo

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Custard Undies posted:

Time for f1 to race on a dirt track!

Honestly couldn't believe it when I watched a Nascar race recently where they raced on a dirt oval.

Isn't it a tarmac track and they just dump some sand on it though?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Dudley posted:

quote:

The Food City Dirt Race is an annual 250-lap, 133.25 mi NASCAR Cup Series points race held at the Bristol Motor Speedway in Bristol, Tennessee. This is one of two NASCAR races held at Bristol, the other being the Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race. It was the first venue of the 2007 NASCAR schedule to host the fifth-generation NASCAR premiership race car, a race won by Kyle Busch. For much of its history, from 1961 to 1992 the race was run on the original asphalt surface, then on concrete from 1993 to 2020 after Bristol changed surfaces, but was moved to a dirt layout beginning in 2021. Kyle Busch is the defending race winner as of 2022

Certainly was tarmac in the past.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

bristol motor speedway is cool as hell in either dirt or asphalt tbqh

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Dudley posted:

Yes Bristol is normally paved

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I don't actually know how normal dirt ovals work, are they always dirt on concrete or are they usually just dirt?

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
I was wrong and there's a gap in the rain but as yet no timeline on restarting

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Dudley posted:

I don't actually know how normal dirt ovals work, are they always dirt on concrete or are they usually just dirt?

Usually just dirt in my experience

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Dudley posted:

some they bring in truckloads of dirt, sometimes special exact dirt, just to dirt up a track

I think it's silly but I don't know much about dirt racing

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

"That's an intermediate track"

For fucks sake.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Dudley posted:

I do appreciate how they gently caress with the entire quali system to use 2 fewer tyres a weekend while carrying 100 sets of wets around the world they'll never let them use.

yeah there's still no restart timeline and they're talking about going out on inters

I don't think I've seen a wet tyre session in 2 years
edit: just remembered the start of Monaco last year, which took multiple delays before starting on wets

Cirofren fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jul 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

whiskas posted:

Whelp, guess what I have. At least it's in the bathroom so the floor can take a couple inches of water before things get too fucky.