Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm sorry the Jets hired a moron for their OC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Yeah but their coach is ripped so

Mega64
May 23, 2008

So, my coach is a loving hunk and I was still pissed he kept around our moron of an OC as long as he did.

Then the Jets hired that guy too.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Upgraded from Zach Wilson to Aaron Rodgers largely because of him. He cool.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

We are all old.

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1685087213179052032?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

No, his species just matures at a faster rate

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Daniel jones next level eyes give the cornerbacks no clue where's he's looking, he doubles down on that by having no clue where his throwing. Incredible stuff.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I know I always post that it doesn’t matter what you pay your QB but Daniel Jones making 40 million dollars as like the 22nd best QB in the NFL sure is something.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'm not even necessarily completely sure that Daniel Jones is even definitively better than, like, Baker Mayfield.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Daniel Jones’ brain seeing him run for 80 yards and then intentionally shutting down his legs as a prank will never stop being funny.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--e:fb

fsif posted:

I'm not even necessarily completely sure that Daniel Jones is even definitively better than, like, Baker Mayfield.

He's...faster than Baker for sure? He can still move his body in all the ways he could before?

Playing the position is up in the air, although I'm still not as down as most are on Mayfield. I think there could be something there that died for a while because both he and the Browns were idiots. For Jones he, uh, maybe hasn't had the most help, but I'd like to remember him for something other than falling down at the 10 yard line for no reason on a big run. Like if your biggest highlight is something that everyone laughs at that seems not ideal.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
If Jared Goff can will the Lions to their first division title since 1993, and manage to win a home playoff game in the process, not only will he be given $45 million per season going forward, but he will have total dominion over the city and it’s workings.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

steve young fell down for no reason too and that even remained a career "highlight" of his. daniel is going to make it all disappear in the wide open nfc

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Gonz posted:

If Jared Goff can will the Lions to their first division title since 1993, and manage to win a home playoff game in the process, not only will he be given $45 million per season going forward, but he will have total dominion over the city and it’s workings.

Jared Goff has had five practices so far and has a combined total of like five incomplete passes.

The most telling thing from the reporters watching camp is they don't even mention Jared Goff anymore. Its like when Stafford and Megatron were there, they just are amazing and mentioning them being amazing isnt a story anymore.

Jared Goff.

Holy poo poo is Brad Holmes an amazing GM.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Most QBs would be broken after the poo poo Goff's went through, so it's all the more impressive he's bounced back after a rough start with the Lions to get back to around the heights he had with the Rams.

Meanwhile I don't think Carson Wentz has even been signed to a team yet.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Correct. Washington fired him in February, he hasn't been tried out anywhere since

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

…..

https://twitter.com/hustlechillson/status/1685002465761189888?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Didn't DK Metcalf just recently say he basically survives on eating candy?

Wtf is going on in Seattle?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

is pepsi ok posted:

Didn't DK Metcalf just recently say he basically survives on eating candy?

Wtf is going on in Seattle?

And Marshawn had the whole Skittles thing

Rice with cinnamon and sugar is a nice breakfast but that is WAY too much sugar :barf:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That makes my heart nervous just looking at it

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My only theory is those guys are using the sugar to battle the seasonal affective disorder of being in the PNW during the winter.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

simple sugar is not a big deal for a serious athlete. gives them the option to have a satisfying nutritional meal later. what wonderful combination

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Waitress! Can I order a bowl of diabetes please?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Makes me think of Patton Oswald describing the kfc bowl as a failure pile topped with sadness

Guess that's an athletic success bowl

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wonka-rear end franchise.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
For the trainings these guys do, he will burn through all of those simple carbs quickly. Like, sure he could choose some healthier foods with it, but his body will use it fine. Not like it is going to cause any negative health effects (until he retires and keeps eating it).

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
I agree completely, chubby patrick mahomes

Mega64
May 23, 2008

a patagonian cavy posted:

I agree completely, chubby patrick mahomes

The ketchup is the source of his powers.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Mega64 posted:

Most QBs would be broken after the poo poo Goff's went through, so it's all the more impressive he's bounced back after a rough start with the Lions to get back to around the heights he had with the Rams.

One of the best decisions Campbell made, by far, was retaining Ben Johnson as TE coach from the prior regime. There's a big whole article on the Athletic about the connection that Johnson and Goff have, but the tl;dr is that Johnson was really uniquely suited for getting helping Goff pick himself back up, especially after the disaster that was Anthony Lynn's brief tenure.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I say again that it is the funniest loving thing that the man that is most likely the biggest key to the Lions' success was a Patricia hire.

Except not really, cause Darrell Bevell is the one who brought him in. Thank you Darrell Bevell. :911:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/taylorlewan77/status/1685344750272913408

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1685385377077665792

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

lol

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Having traumatic memories of signing MacKenzie Alexander last year to cover for Byron Jones and him doing his ACL the very next day

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/fashion_nfl/status/1685392160072536064

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Hot drat they're beautiful.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Eli on the bengals was such a rollercoaster. Some amazing plays and some incredibly boneheaded gently caress ups that lost games

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Also Brittany mahomes is actually kinda cool watching Quarterback. Didn’t realize she was such a baller soccer player

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

really doubt dude is playing professional football this year. local nashville radio guy recently hung out with him and said that he's down at least 50-60 lbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I could gain 50 pounds in two months. I’m sure he can too.