Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Tree Bucket posted:

I was too distracted by the gleam of Solomon David's hemispherical buttocks to notice.
I guess the government of his empire works upon similar lines?

He keeps holding tournaments to try to find a successor with a more stacked rear end, but no luck yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Allison, I'm trying to rule a totalitarian empire with an iron fist but I'm dummy thicc and the clap from my rear end cheeks is what's keeping the citizens subjugated. This isn't a complaint

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
iron derrière, surely

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Tree Bucket posted:

iron derrière, surely

A Ferrière

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Owl at Home posted:

Sorry this came to me in a vision and I had to follow through on it

Boy am I glad that she’s frozen in there and that we’re out here and that she's the sherrif and that we’re frozen out here and we’re in there and I just remembered we’re out here
What I wanna know is where’s the demiurge?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

So the corpse in the ice cube is the lady who gave whats her nuts a new arm and leg and eye? She's a demiurge but also a former bearer of the word (already forgot the word)?
The last time I read this I just assumed I was looking at a new character I had never seen before. Who sees the future, why not.

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:

nice

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
Hang on, so beanworld went on a SIXTEEN YEAR hiatus??

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sometimes you just really feel like a good nap

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Fagtastic posted:

That's a bad precedent for the world of webcomics

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Fagtastic posted:

The author is a cicada, turns out

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Explains a lot, honestly

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Thought he was a human bean

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Krinkle posted:

So the corpse in the ice cube is the lady who gave whats her nuts a new arm and leg and eye? She's a demiurge but also a former bearer of the word (already forgot the word)?
The last time I read this I just assumed I was looking at a new character I had never seen before. Who sees the future, why not.

Yeah, you got it. Up to this point we've known Jadis as just the cube lady. It's not clear in exactly what capacity she's interacting with Allison right now, but yeah. As for the former bearer thing, there are probably a few interpretations. It might be that her present self doesn't really bear any of the words because she can't really do anything, or it might be that she now by definition bears all the words. Or maybe it's just that what we're seeing is a former version of her. Dunno!

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Tall Penguin

And with this we've caught up with Tall Penguin

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

Tall Penguin

:yikes: Let's go back and pretend we were caught up on the last one

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

Tall Penguin

This disturbs me

Its like the Junji Ito version of timelets

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

M_Gargantua posted:

the Junji Ito version of timelets

This is a perfect phrase that could only exist in this one place

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

was just gonna say thought it was timelets lol

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

For me the original K6BD page works because it conveyed what I thought it needed to ("super battleman doing a cool attack in a dramatic/dynamic pose") and the anatomy being wonky didn't really hurt that conveyance, possibly even the opposite. I doubt the wonkiness was intentional as a stylistic thing but I don't think that matters, either; tbh I didn't even notice anything being wrong until people talked about it here because the panel does what it needs to do regardless of that imo.

EDIT: Oh right - Tall Penguin was delightful the whole way through, including this latest one. Thanks a lot for posting!

Fingerpori

The Accidental Space Spy

Hempuli posted:

406 - Captain Pit
407 - Evolution of war :biotruths:
408 - Spoons Kazoo and the tjargellos
409 - The reason for his demise

410 - Cruisers

411 - A surprising phone call

412 - Yet to be dealt with

Alien species seen: 120
:biotruths:: 29
Talking character deaths: 54
Deaths overall: 88+

Hempuli has a new favorite as of 04:36 on Jul 29, 2023

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

Tall Penguin

Oh nooooo

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
oh come on how did you not see that coming?

dunkirk more like duncekirk

Captain Hygiene posted:

:yikes: Let's go back and pretend we were caught up on the last one

The last one was a Future Boyfriend strip, so let's say the one before that.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Tall Penguin was great, thanks for posting.

That last one, I feel like I need to print out and leave somewhere, just to confuse and disturb someone.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

The Adventures of Dr. McNinja - Issue #6: "I Told You That Story So I Could Tell You This One"

"Ha ha, that's what you thought the reason was all along, didn't you? Well it's nooooooooot."

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

back then we might have been like "well why wasnt the grandpa wearing a space suit? it's PROVEN to reduce death by zombie bites! it would be INSANE not to wear the space suit!" but now we know ... :smith:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Last time, in Vigils for Friends:

Today, Shirley and Mark continue getting on well with each other.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Owl at Home posted:

Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (Nov 24, 1940)

I love the hustle of the dude following Val around knowing there's definitely going to be dead dudes with nice stuff in his wake, and Val seems quite aware of this and totally fine with it.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Colored another one:

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Valhalla

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
i guess it's supposed to be instructional for how the world works, but i am really not finding it enjoyable reading the comic where the main takeaway each time is "all the adults are such mean assholes all the time"

i guess it's nothing compared to the misery depicted in so many other comics that are posted, but it's so consistent in this one

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

false knees
14JUN2017 - 12JUL2017

i've improved the k6bd art by muting the colour, altering the perspective, and replacing all the cast with birds and animals

false knees
20JUL2017 - 15AUG2017

i kinda feel like late 2017 contains all the false knees comics that people have already seen (goose homunculus, foulmouthed happy rabbit, human impression). can't actually remember the later ones, be interested to see what they are

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Fagtastic posted:

Yyyyep, save for the ashcans, the last of which was released in 1999. There were five ashcans in total, one of which was a preview for Beanworld Zero (issue #20), two were previews of content that will appear in book 3, one an early version of something we'll see later, and one that was... "a 16-page grab-bag of offbeat, free-association drawings. In them we find the weirder side of Larry Marder’s personality: puns, drawings inspired by the business world, sentient eyeballs, and a few beans", which Marder gave away for free. The content of that last one haven't been reprinted anywhere to my knowledge.

The main reason for Beanworld's hiatus was that in 1993, Marder got a job as the Executive Director of Image Comics, and later became President of McFarlane Toys. He left that business and returned to doing Beanworld full-time in 2007.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Donald Duck - Ekol's Pendulum

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

At least the kids learned to be less jerkish - seems clear to me Quark and wassname, blondie picked up a lot of their behaviour from the adults around them. Blondie's imitating the way he's seen Thor and Loki treat the other kids - whole bunch of shouting and admonishments, real classic toxic masculinity stuff. Meanwhile Quark's probably been pushed around by bigger people all his life and never given any reason to think of anyone but himself. It's nice to see them begin to develop out of those habits though by god, Blondie's a slow learner.

But yeah, Thor and Loki aren't coming out of this one looking real good, are they?

Emzedoh posted:

Takako-san chapter 36

Takako-san chapter 37

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Vigils for Friends is good, im enjoying how English Cornish it is.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lmao

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Haha, holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I bet all of you are cowardly arachnophobes who can't color a comic! well I'm not.

By popular demand has a new favorite as of 12:26 on Jul 29, 2023