Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
the only wrathful heart ive even managed to find was the season quest drop boss and it was the damage over time one that seems to be putting in work but the only dot im running is blighted corpse explosion which i constantly am waffling between switching to bone splinters depending on how badly mana hosed i am by bosses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I've had three Mad Wolf's Glee drop between levels 50 and 53. game trying to tell me something

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I have a barber as a druid and I think I might wait until I get an ancestral 2 hand axe (level 62 I can do normal T4 but not T4 nightmares yet) and try to roll extra damage vs healthy on it to switch into for blowing up bosses.

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god
Tsk no fix to herbing. I have picked the herb or flower, it should be in my little mitt. There is no need to drop it on the floor for me to spin my horse around to vacuum it up! I'm not batting at these things

Just gimme the drat flower please instead of getting a two tonne animal stuck navigating a patch of daisies.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Mustached Demon posted:

Diablos had seasonal/nonseason split for like two decades now.

In D2 and 3, they only added seasons years after release when the only people who still played the games were addicts who'd enjoy seasons.

I mean, I'm an addict who enjoys seasons, but a lot of people aren't. It's totally natural for normal human beings to think it really sucks that Blizzard threw their characters in a dumpster less than two months after release.

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jul 29, 2023

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010
People can continue playing eternal realm if they want to ignore seasons

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
The eternal realm where they nerfed everything so all the season-only buffs wouldn't imbalance the game for seasonal players? The eternal realm where they can't use the battle pass they paid for in their deluxe edition? Sure, they can play there.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
the eternal realm where people are still playing their character they haven’t beaten the campaign with yet two months after release and the patch only buffed low to mid level and off-meta builds or a different eternal realm/patch?

the season they can make a new character and complete in 2-3 hours if they’re interested in the story but don’t want to watch a youtube recap?

the battle pass that can be saved indefinitely to be used at whatever time or season they decide they do want to play in? the battle pass version of the game that explained you’d have to make s seasonal character before you could pay money to buy it?

man talking in rhetoricals is stupid as hell, just talk like a normal person

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
how the hell would a battle pass work in a non seasonal game anyway

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

how the hell would a battle pass work in a non seasonal game anyway

Just like any other game, by playing. XP is XP whether you start a new character or not, so Battlepass should apply to both eternal and seasonal if Blizzard loves money.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

the only wrathful heart ive even managed to find was the season quest drop boss and it was the damage over time one that seems to be putting in work but the only dot im running is blighted corpse explosion which i constantly am waffling between switching to bone splinters depending on how badly mana hosed i am by bosses

What you need is more lucky hit chance for hewed flesh

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
barber is hilarious. Everything just dies in a big black goo explosion

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
What’s the best way to level in wt4 if you aren’t 70? Whispers and malignant tunnels?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Little Kielbasa posted:

The eternal realm where they nerfed everything so all the season-only buffs wouldn't imbalance the game for seasonal players? The eternal realm where they can't use the battle pass they paid for in their deluxe edition? Sure, they can play there.

are there actually people out there who love Diablo so much that they purchased deluxe or ultimate so they could do the battle pass and seasonal content, but somehow didn’t realize they’d have to start a fresh seasonal character like in every ARPG ever?

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Tokubetsu posted:

What’s the best way to level in wt4 if you aren’t 70? Whispers and malignant tunnels?

Rank 20+ nm dungeons if you can complete them, you get the extra xp from nm dungeons and the wt4 bonus

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
The part I don't get is what you'd actually do in eternal. Like if you're one-and-done for the story, sure, whatever. The complaint seems to be that people want to continue playing a lot and there's really, really not the content to support that. There never has been in any Diablo game. Seasons are just glorified replays of a game we like and the small gimmicks let us pretend it's all new. As an MMO-like forever game it just wouldn't work.

Then again I guess the response is "I don't care about any of that. I want to play eternal and I want the seasonal gimmicks also." so this post, like my first character, was a waste.

Shoenin posted:

barber is hilarious. Everything just dies in a big black goo explosion

I want it. Back to temple of rot I go. At least leveling with the weird trampleslide/subterranian setup has so far poo poo all over pulverize so it's going at a good clip. Only need to grind through ~13 more levels. :shepface:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Blizzard made a game with varied options for leveling and all the broke brains want to do is reset the same 3 minute minidungeon and kill the same enemies for 15 hours straight

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
People are proposing more ways to play D4, I don't know how that's anyone's loss.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

Mailer posted:

The part I don't get is what you'd actually do in eternal. Like if you're one-and-done for the story, sure, whatever. The complaint seems to be that people want to continue playing a lot and there's really, really not the content to support that. There never has been in any Diablo game. Seasons are just glorified replays of a game we like and the small gimmicks let us pretend it's all new. As an MMO-like forever game it just wouldn't work.

Then again I guess the response is "I don't care about any of that. I want to play eternal and I want the seasonal gimmicks also." so this post, like my first character, was a waste.

I want it. Back to temple of rot I go. At least leveling with the weird trampleslide/subterranian setup has so far poo poo all over pulverize so it's going at a good clip. Only need to grind through ~13 more levels. :shepface:

I don't have a tonne of interest in replaying the game, just want to check out new poo poo for a few hours without having to level up to again to see how it plays out at peak power. But yeah, maybe I'm wrong and I would have more fun levelling up again, but there's really no harm in letting eternal have seasonal content updates, other then potentially lost revenue from people not needing to buy the battlepass for whatever reason people buy battlepasses for (is it experience boosts? Faster unlocks? Less time having to play the game?).

Whatever, it doesn't really matter, there's lots of other games to play that respect my time a little more

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
https://twitter.com/JoeShely/status/1685214846579830784

https://twitter.com/JoeShely/status/1685237815028928513

nice

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Rock Puncher posted:

I don't have a tonne of interest in replaying the game, just want to check out new poo poo for a few hours without having to level up to again to see how it plays out at peak power. But yeah, maybe I'm wrong and I would have more fun levelling up again, but there's really no harm in letting eternal have seasonal content updates, other then potentially lost revenue from people not needing to buy the battlepass for whatever reason people buy battlepasses for (is it experience boosts? Faster unlocks? Less time having to play the game?).

Whatever, it doesn't really matter, there's lots of other games to play that respect my time a little more

They would have to rethink seasonal content on a fundamental level if they intended to offer it to max level eternal players. Right now, their model is to make seasonal mechanics part of the leveling process. If a level 100 character did the malignant quest line it would be like an hour of content.

Plus, your eternal character would have new equipment and mechanics introduced and stripped away every 3 months. I can’t imagine people would be happy with that.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

Ehud posted:

They would have to rethink seasonal content on a fundamental level if they intended to offer it to max level eternal players. Right now, their model is to make seasonal mechanics part of the leveling process. If a level 100 character did the malignant quest line it would be like an hour of content.

Plus, your eternal character would have new equipment and mechanics introduced and stripped away every 3 months. I can’t imagine people would be happy with that.

what would be bad about a free hour of content

and yeah i'd much rather have my character made redundant every 3 months, that seems like the superior solution

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

You could just play your same character forever as is, instead of whining about not getting all the benefits of playing a limited time thing, without the drawbacks of a limited time thing, imo

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Barber heart and staff of the crone for trampleslide Druid is very stupid. Virtually no cd on trample or bulwark, stacking damage to healthy, damaged to poisoned, vulnerable and damage from earth skills make things go pop real quick. I’m pretty sure barber won’t stick around.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

satanic splash-back posted:

You could just play your same character forever as is, instead of whining about not getting all the benefits of playing a limited time thing, without the drawbacks of a limited time thing, imo

I would do that but there's no reason to play the game unless there's new things to do

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Huge

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Rock Puncher posted:

I would do that but there's no reason to play the game unless there's new things to do

I play games because I find them fun; I recommend that approach

Really enjoying that the necromancer has so many different powerful options with the hearts added but I feel like it would not be as fun without the extra damage over time heart option. It is a nice additional multiplier when you can stack 2-3 crowd control effects on everything.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

the game would be fun if there was something to do that was new and interesting, hope that helps

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

you represent all that is wrong with the world

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Verviticus posted:

it definitely self-applies vuln on ww, its the only core skill i have. are we talking about the same heart?

I am talking about Caged Heart of the Dark Dance, the one that makes you pay in life instead of primary resource every 5 seconds. For me it does not apply vulnerable on myself when using the exploit glyph when I channel WW. I saw others state the same when searching around. What might influence it is that I have the skills that make you gain life when using fury so possibly I gain more life than I spend when using it because I gain infinite fury when it triggers. I have since stopped using it because my fury generation is online now but I used it from levels ~40 to 71 without any issues.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
idk play D4 when they add rebirth. you can play your same guy, you can play the new stuff, win win

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Rock Puncher posted:

what would be bad about a free hour of content

Because then you’d complain about lazy devs only adding one hour of content every 3 months

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

CharlestonJew posted:

Because then you’d complain about lazy devs only adding one hour of content every 3 months

well yeah it seems pretty bad to take 3 months to make 1 hour of content that amounts to a few new items and a side quest, I would hope they could do better than that, but to be honest I don't think that it would bother me enough to post about it

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Rock Puncher posted:

the game would be fun if there was something to do that was new and interesting, hope that helps

try out the up to 5 different characters with a variety of builds up to around the mid 70s, do the seasonal content which can be done in w couple hours and then enjoy other good games while more new content is made for this one and then come back and play it if you like

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

harrygomm posted:

try out the up to 5 different characters with a variety of builds up to around the mid 70s, do the seasonal content which can be done in w couple hours and then enjoy other good games while more new content is made for this one and then come back and play it if you like
too much like a job and not enough new and interesting things happen. I have already played all the classes except druid and they all suck compared to sorc anyway, having said that I didn't get them all to level 70 and I really don't care to

ive never even made it to level 70 because there's nothing to do except grind after the campaign adn you've seen the 7 nightmare dungeons on offer, that's the end.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

they say the truth comes out of the mouths of babes, babes in this case being people who don't know poo poo, never made it to endgame, and don't understand what seasons are

wait nevermind that's kinda stupid

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I was inclined to say “who cares dump some of the new content into the eternal realm and let 45 year olds play it for 30 minutes” but that guy is so annoying I now disagree with him and want him to be punished

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

Time posted:

I was inclined to say “who cares dump some of the new content into the eternal realm and let 45 year olds play it for 30 minutes” but that guy is so annoying I now disagree with him and want him to be punished

Sorry for annoying you. I hope you can get over my personal offense to you and continue supporting making the game less poo poo

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Tokubetsu posted:

tunnels since you get hearts but also PvP zones are good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Rock Puncher posted:

I think the disconnect is you believe that's the season, and everyone playing the season is telling you that "new content" is the most technically correct answer possible. You're not missing anything.