Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Musk loving up so much he's even managing to make a landlord come across as sensible/almost sympathetic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

dr_rat posted:

Waiting for those tweets x'ers to be include in legal case against musk.

"eggplant emoji" is a term I heard used in my youth in South Africa, I didn't know what it actually meant...

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

The Musk Razor:

Never attribute to incompetence what can be explained as cruel malice.

No, because Elon is incompetent too.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

kazil posted:

lmao that it's a strobe light

anyway

How... how does one get this stunted mentally and emotionally?

It's like he's 12, holy poo poo

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

BalloonFish posted:

The thing that simultaneously bemuses and annoys me about Musk is - why does everything the richest man in the world does look like such cheap dogshit?

He is desperate to feel like a human being in any way, including doing things all by himself like a big boy.
He can never ever actually connect with another person because his obscene wealth puts him across a giant crevice from others. He can't even rub shoulders with the other billionaires because they think he is a nutcase.

He's the kid hanging around different groups close enough to feel involved, but not really knowing their names.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

TulliusCicero posted:

quote:

Being a billionaire must be insane. You can buy new teeth, new skin. All your chairs cost 20,000 dollars and weigh 2,000 pounds. Your life is just a series of your own preferences. In terms of cognitive impairment it’s probably like being kicked in the head by a horse every day

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Why can’t I modify this building I don’t own

Why can’t I just build whatever kind of crackhead modified giant erector set signs on the edge of a building that could fall

Why can’t I make a huge loving strobe light that blinds people

Thanks for the lols Elon your so loving stupid

Pass a 90% income tax on billionaire poo poo and remove capital gains, no one should have enough money to continue to function while being this stupid

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

God, it's like he wants to be viewed as some sort of devil-may-care rebel, but he can never be a rebel because he is the richest man on earth.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

At what point does the landlord decide that the billionaire manchild hosed with their property too much and evicts him?

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

YF-23 posted:

At what point does the landlord decide that the billionaire manchild hosed with their property too much and evicts him?

In this market?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Speleothing posted:

In this market?

He still hasn't paid rent

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Speleothing posted:

In this market?

That's why I'm asking, I don't know what the economics of renting out to a tech company like Twitter is - assuming that rent is being paid again anyway. But surely at some point the peace of mind of having more normal tenants must outweigh the loss of renting out more cheaply.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Parsley posted:

God, it's like he wants to be viewed as some sort of devil-may-care rebel, but he can never be a rebel because he is the richest man on earth.

he's still trying to be Tony Stark. He sees himself charismatic genius billionaire and he thinks this is what Tony Stark would do. He is very stupid

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

YF-23 posted:

That's why I'm asking, I don't know what the economics of renting out to a tech company like Twitter is - assuming that rent is being paid again anyway. But surely at some point the peace of mind of having more normal tenants must outweigh the loss of renting out more cheaply.

assuming the building doesn't need to be completely redone after the havoc elon is causing inside

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

pixaal posted:

He still hasn't paid rent

I thought he started paying rent again? I know he only had so long until the landlord was able to kick him out for non-payment.

At this point I'm sure the landlord is trying to figure out what ever they can to get them evicted. There's no way musk isn't going to gently caress up that building further.

Accidentally burning it down is also a pretty high possibility. Who knows how much he's had random employees gently caress with the wiring.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jul 29, 2023

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
lol at elon thinking he's bueller when he has more in common with ben stein's politics

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

The strobe lixht is on, but nobody’s home.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

i know we love to rag on elon but he 100% had nothing to do with cacti on the roof. that was there from before him. if you use local plants that don't need to be watered constantly then you get the benefits of a green roof and you don't have to waste water irrigating your green roof (this is a good thing because water is a limited resource).

the sign is bad

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012
Why can’t he be kicked out? Why is everyone just letting this shitheel do whatever he wants without consequences?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Call Your Grandma posted:

i know we love to rag on elon but he 100% had nothing to do with cacti on the roof. that was there from before him. if you use local plants that don't need to be watered constantly then you get the benefits of a green roof and you don't have to waste water irrigating your green roof (this is a good thing because water is a limited resource).

the sign is bad

having an irrigated roof garden in California is unhinged and it is absolutely not a crime to kill it

but it would cost a relative pittance to replace it with succulents, or at the loving least clear the dead plants away

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

TulliusCicero posted:

I have a theory that he was an edgelord goon that got banned over a decade ago and never recovered from it.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Autechresaint posted:

Why can’t he be kicked out? Why is everyone just letting this shitheel do whatever he wants without consequences?

he has a fair bit of money

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

The Flying Milton posted:

I have a theory that he was an edgelord goon that got banned over a decade ago and never recovered from it.

he would have bought it from lowtax

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I'm just gonna say it:

Alton Brown and Pop Tarts loving suck.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Steadiman posted:

he's still trying to be Tony Stark. He sees himself charismatic genius billionaire and he thinks this is what Tony Stark would do. He is very stupid

Someone should tell him Tony Stark isn't a real person.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

sweet geek swag posted:

Someone should tell him Tony Stark isn't a real person.

Wasn't that guy an alcoholic?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Steadiman posted:

Pretty sure even when he was still kind of a shitbag Tony Stark didn't spend most of his time jerking of Nazis, spreading conspiracy theories and being a right wing hack.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Steadiman posted:

No, I think a while ago he stopped trying to do anything but harm. The boos broke him.

The incredibly illegal blinking X should make that pretty clear to even the dumbest of us.

Delete your goddamn Twitter accounts the man is out to cause harm.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Jump!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Lol at that janky rear end setup. ROFL.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

question is which way is it gonna fall down

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Did Musk finish ruining Tweeter yet?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Alan Smithee posted:

It's pretty obvious he is trying to disrupt the sidewalk economy.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

naw he's gonna break the glass ceiling he's truly progressive

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Alan Smithee posted:

The feet kick out only toward the inside if the roof with sandbags on each foot. It'd definitely fall toward the street.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

"Can't sleep? I thought San Francisco liked being woke" :elon::elon::elon:

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Elon Musk is the train wreck we're sick of looking at.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

having an irrigated roof garden in California is unhinged and it is absolutely not a crime to kill it

but it would cost a relative pittance to replace it with succulents, or at the loving least clear the dead plants away

those dead plants were succulents and the grass was artificial

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Saoshyant posted:

Had no idea what this is. Ended up on https://misskey.io

"Anime Twitter?? Sign me up!"

It is part of the fedivers thing mastodon is on, so you can follow masto accounts and vice versa! Also pixelfed accounts which is fake Instagram, convenient but kinda weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/sferik/status/1684992758405271552

i'm guessing they'll just embellish the app store title to "X App" or something but still lol