Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I am so happy to hear the Still Fleet kickstarter was so successful. That loving rocks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
https://twitter.com/egg_dog/status/1668312893173932033?t=BwXaP04vvyBn1Mq6b3_FXQ&s=19

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

gently caress that's so good

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
OMG GELMIRE!

Latest ottsos premium...

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Branson is doing commissions if you've ever been interested in that kind of thing

https://twitter.com/bransonreese/status/1678098563455385602?s=20

you have to click "i am normal" at least three times on the form, i like that he gets ahead of it

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name

Ainsley McTree posted:

you have to click "i am normal" at least three times on the form, i like that he gets ahead of it

Well darn

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I do not have the money to be drawn as a Branson Reese animal and this saddens me greatly :sigh:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I just want to reiterate that post someone made like, a year ago, about how they're pretty sure if Branson didn't have this podcast as an outlet he would literally explode

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

give him another season of swan boy while there's still time to save him

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So, what are the odds that stirfry gets put down like a rabid dog?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

RandomPauI posted:

He should’ve burned inside the riddle guy

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Tim Platt is what us in the industry call a „travis type individual”

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

RandomPauI posted:

I’m not caught up yet but I don’t feel like I need context for this

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

goblin week posted:

That’s low.

Edit: From listening to this show, Tim’s schtick seems to be “I’m incredibly annoying, PLEASE punish me for it!”

Travis McElroy is “I’m incredibly annoying, PLEASE reward me for it!”

Squack McQuack fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jul 26, 2023

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I think Tim works well with this group but I imagine I would find his solo work a little alienating

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Ainsley McTree posted:

give him another season of swan boy while there's still time to save him

Swan Boy isn't smart but Swan Boy isn't a scab

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
Carly seemed to be having an absolute blast this episode. Branson as well. That entire outro was incredibly unhinged in the best way. I also love that Branson seems to have made it his life goal to kill or degrade Groomda, whatever podcast he's on.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

If Groomda were real we would all feel the same urge

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Branson, Carly, and Tim just guest starred on the actual play podcast Oddity Roadshow in an interlude between story arcs, and you can probably listen to it without needing the know the rest of the show.
https://sites.libsyn.com/442083/episode-20-the-tale-of-the-hell-blockers-pt-1

They also all guested individually on various episodes of that crew’s previous show, Critical Bits, and Branson played a character who is basically evil Swan Boy, and it’s fun enough that you might not need the rest of the show:
https://criticalbitcast.libsyn.com/episode-24-hoagie-allin

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Tim and Ali were also on this week's episode of Hey Riddle Riddle, if that's something that you might be interested in.
https://headgum.com/hey-riddle-riddle/262-mummy-issues-w-tim-platt-ali-fisher

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Squack McQuack posted:

That’s low.

Edit: From listening to this show, Tim’s schtick seems to be “I’m incredibly annoying, PLEASE punish me for it!”

correct

flavor.flv posted:

If Groomda were real we would all feel the same urge
also correct

fake edit: I miss Taylor's characters a lot on OTTSoS :( still enjoy the show tons and glad he's taking care of himself of course

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Tim's trick or treat poem is absolutely him and it's delightful

https://twitter.com/TimothyPlatt/status/1322536775068323840?t=z0zgKl3XISTf7zdM8_D6Pg&s=19

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Stroop There It Is posted:

correct

also correct

fake edit: I miss Taylor's characters a lot on OTTSoS :( still enjoy the show tons and glad he's taking care of himself of course

The recent Fun City Stillfleet mini-arc had a few of Taylor's characters in it. They also just announced that they finished recording a main arc Fun City episode and I'm curious if Taylor is still working with them on that.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Squack McQuack posted:

That’s low.

Yeah Tim kinda leans into being a heel and everyone (especially Branson, who I get the sense goes way back with him) makes a meal out of reining him in when he’s getting too weird. It’s a good energy that improves the show

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah Tim kinda leans into being a heel and everyone (especially Branson, who I get the sense goes way back with him) makes a meal out of reining him in when he’s getting too weird. It’s a good energy that improves the show

Branson always makes a point of how close he is with Tim, especially when he's been ribbing on him. He even mentions at the end of this episode that Tim was part of his wedding.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Happy Landfill posted:

I just want to reiterate that post someone made like, a year ago, about how they're pretty sure if Branson didn't have this podcast as an outlet he would literally explode

Just got around to cracking the latest episode open and I stonefly believe, and I mean this as a compliment, Branson would be the unibomber pt. 2 if it wasn’t for this podcast. The thought of these energies being bottled up is terrifying.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

goblin week posted:

Extremely hosed up thing to say about the guy who plays a character we would all die for (and by posting in this thread, we legally consent to this)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Everybody gets one and we choose Tim Platt here.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

VoidBurger posted:

Extremely hosed up thing to say about the guy who plays a character we would all die for (and by posting in this thread, we legally consent to this)

:yeah:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

We would die for Stirfry and Stirfry would literally stone-cold murder a dude for us

Warbird
May 23, 2012

And also us!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Tim and Branson are comedy gold together and that's all I gotta say about that.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Warbird posted:

Just got around to cracking the latest episode open and I stonefly believe, and I mean this as a compliment, Branson would be the unibomber pt. 2 if it wasn’t for this podcast. The thought of these energies being bottled up is terrifying.

He has said that Swan Boy is based on himself, and that’s all we need to know.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Something about doing a Bayou accent sets Branson off, he did a similarly deranged outro as Amber Ale Assembleaux in come at the king iirc

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Senator Pepsi is the best NPc in the show and that’s saying something.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Tim and Branson are comedy gold together and that's all I gotta say about that.

The christmas specials' intros by Tim are some of the best poo poo they've produced and Branson being unable to get through either without breaking down is perfect.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

the senator pepsi space jam commentary is like hearing a man's mind unravel in real time

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Didn't he record that during covid? It probably was unraveling in real time

Warbird
May 23, 2012

At the start of it so it was extra crazy per the recent outro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

There's a teaser poster for the next episode up on patreon and I'm so hype for it