Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Android Apocalypse posted:

I'm not a fan of it either but if a community isn't large enough to have individual restaurants to cater to those cuisines, I'm not gonna get too mad.

Yeah same. Like I know that place is probably at least going to be B-tier at whatever they're actually good at and B-C tier at everything else, and that's fine when most areas are struggling to have more then a PF Changs or greasy spoon chinese place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

I just ordered Thai food :toot:

Truth.

I miss the Hong Kong Express on Artesia/Western. Thick rear end Lo Mein noodles Id just smother in sweet and sour, bbq pork/broccoli beef/teriyaki chicken, lemon garlic wings. Fast food Chinese but maaaaan it hits a spot. Best part it’s smack dab in the middle of some of the best Korean BBQ in the South Bay (Gardena). But I would take Hong Kong everytime hands down

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I am now really annoyed that I did the financially responsible thing and only get cat food since my shrimp isn't defrosted yet so I can't make my original dinner. Left over black bean soup and heating up some chicken patties instead feels like a let down.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

a sexual elk posted:

I miss the Hong Kong Express on Artesia/Western. Thick rear end Lo Mein noodles Id just smother in sweet and sour, bbq pork/broccoli beef/teriyaki chicken, lemon garlic wings. Fast food Chinese but maaaaan it hits a spot. Best part it’s smack dab in the middle of some of the best Korean BBQ in the South Bay (Gardena). But I would take Hong Kong everytime hands down

Cham Soot Gol is the best kbbq in that area imo. Tho in the east (San Gabriel Valley) my favorite is Gen in Alhambra specifically. Sure it's a chain but they do it right.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Cham Soot Gol is the best kbbq in that area imo. Tho in the east (San Gabriel Valley) my favorite is Gen in Alhambra specifically. Sure it's a chain but they do it right.

Wait sorry, got me the dumb brain

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

a sexual elk posted:

Hahaha sorry LA’s South Bay, not tech bro dystopia SF’s South Bay

No my dude the place is in Garden Grove!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm a Los Angeleno my good sir

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'm a Los Angeleno my good sir

Sorry I’m smoked out already

And thought you were a Barbarnairian
My buddy moved up there a few years back for work, Goleta. Fuckers apartment front door opened up to the little cliff above the beach.

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jul 29, 2023

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I'm tidying up my place with the X-Files on while I work. I've got episode 3, "Squeeze" on while I tidy up, and this exchange caught my ear:

MULDER: I think what we have to do is track Eugene Tooms, there's four down and one to go this year. If we don't get him right now, the next chance is in year.....

SCULLY: 2023.

MULDER: And you're gonna be head of the bureau by then.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Android Apocalypse posted:

I think it's unfair to compare Chinese to Thai. They may utilize somewhat similar ingredients but they're different cuisines. It's almost like going to a French restaurant and complaining it's not like Italian food, even though they are on the same continent.

If you want Thai food, you should get Thai food. If you want Chinese, get Chinese. If you're indecisive, maybe get American Chinese or American Thai food.

Years ago I was a bus boy at a Nigerian restaurant and we literally had a group of German tourists come in and then claim it wasn't "African food" because Nigeria doesn't use the flat bread that is common in Ethiopian food.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

a sexual elk posted:

Sorry I’m smoked out already

And thought you were a Barbarnairian
My buddy moved up there a few years back for work, Goleta. Fuckers apartment front door opened up to the little cliff above the beach.

No worries, dude. Smoke one for me. I won't be smoking for a while since I'm trapped in Dallas.

And ya I love Santa Barbara and hope to move back there one day. I lived in Isla Vista one block from the beach with my doggo so I totally get it. It's so chill there.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Hey, want a story where everyone is the rear end in a top hat?

https://www.kens5.com/article/news/...1c-ed7eba8090db

Including the grieving family

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I am now really annoyed that I did the financially responsible thing and only get cat food since my shrimp isn't defrosted yet so I can't make my original dinner. Left over black bean soup and heating up some chicken patties instead feels like a let down.

In shell? Just put it in a colander run cold water gently over it for like 10 minutes. That's what they do at the fish counter anyway, the shrimp all comes in frozen

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

No worries, dude. Smoke one for me. I won't be smoking for a while since I'm trapped in Dallas.

And ya I love Santa Barbara and hope to move back there one day. I lived in Isla Vista one block from the beach with my doggo so I totally get it. It's so chill there.

Yeah last time our crew went up so see him, fantasy draft weekend, hit the strip that Saturday night (got me a few Cougars numbers), kept faking out the college kids by yelling “we got Molly here!” then paying the Uber driver with a 6 pack of beer. Oh and a beach bonfire with a few backpacks full of the rest of our booze. The best wake-up sunrise of my life, in a crappy Target fold out beach chair

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jul 29, 2023

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

a sexual elk posted:

Yeah last time our crew went up so see him, fantasy draft weekend, hit the strip that Saturday night (got me a few Cougars numbers), kept faking out the college kids by yelling “we got Molly here!” then paying the Uber driver with a 6 pack of beer. Oh and a cliff side bonfire with a few backpacks full of the rest of our booze. The best wake-up sunrise of my life, in a crappy Target fold out beach chair

You sound like a UCSB student on a Tuesday lol

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

You sound like a UCSB student on a Tuesday lol

https://imgur.com/a/FKJgkJG
From that next morning, predraft

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Great view. I know exactly where that is too. Beach vibes

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Great view. I know exactly where that is too. Beach vibes

Yeah 200 feet from that fuckers door haha

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

a sexual elk posted:

Yeah 200 feet from that fuckers door haha

Haha. Glad you had a great time there. sadly but not really sadly, last time I was in SB we didn't hit the beach at all. However we did day drink at the park while a wedding took place in the rose garden directly next to us. After their beautiful ceremony (which we probably ruined the video of with our music and yelling), the wedding party joined our pong queue. They didn't have red cups or balls but had lots of champagne. The bride was a beast and carried her husband. That was fun!

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Intruder posted:

In shell? Just put it in a colander run cold water gently over it for like 10 minutes. That's what they do at the fish counter anyway, the shrimp all comes in frozen

No, fully peeled. I know I can run under water in the colander but there's a tickle in my brain that prefers everything to defrost in the fridge. It tastes better.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

SB is absolute “if I had money” same with Florence Oregon…and I love our San Diego vacation spot but that city might as well be a different country culturewise

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jul 29, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
My FiL is from a pretty rural area and was complaining when we went to a Thai restaurant when he visited because it did not have Chinese food or mac and cheese. "I thought you big city folk had good food, the menu only has 20 things on it!".

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

really queer Christmas posted:

Thank you for the shout out! :h:

My dad served as a tank driver/commander in West Germany from 79-84, raised in a really hosed up household it was his only way out. Along the line hes become a bit of a CHUD. But one thing he hasn’t lost is that he posts suicide helplines for veterans/service members almost weekly on his somehow hugely popular Facebook page.

So just trying to carry on that small kindness

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jul 29, 2023

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I just watched The Flash.
Woof.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pops Mgee posted:

I just watched The Flash.
Woof.

It sucks so bad hey.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The Flash was such a mess.

The CGI was bad. Like "Really? You doing that?" bad.

I try not to let outside forces affect how I watch movies but the whole situation with Ezra Miller IRL just kept me from enjoying watching him on-screen.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I forget if I've said this here but DC should introduce a super hero called The Flesh and he's the world's fattest man. He can keep the little lightning bolts on his mask though.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Marvel would probably try to sue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucI-vVzomeY

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/Dexerto/status/1685076067050983424

lol this looks terrible

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

It does this at night, so it's real bad

https://twitter.com/itsmefrenchy123/status/1685177000913502209

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

jfc what an rear end in a top hat

e: speaking of the X

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1685296693321854977

Wouldn't be shocked if he got zero approvals before doing this

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Intruder posted:

jfc what an rear end in a top hat

e: speaking of the X

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1685296693321854977

Wouldn't be shocked if he got zero approvals before doing this

I assume this will end with him moving that company to Texas and firing the 80% of employees not willing to move to Texas with 0 notice and for 0 compensation

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I am laughing like a loving idiot at the strobe X blasting across the way.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Someone get a BB gun and take care of that.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I'm thinking paintball gun, turn it into a glowing rainbow-colored X

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Abugadu posted:

I am laughing like a loving idiot at the strobe X blasting across the way.

yeah when I was watching it and the light was just super bright I was already thinking gently caress that sucks then it starting strobing and I was in awe

Forrest on Fire posted:

I assume this will end with him moving that company to Texas and firing the 80% of employees not willing to move to Texas with 0 notice and for 0 compensation

he already made them sign "I will do anything for this company or it will be considered my resignation" pledges

and of course the people who took him up on compensation for leaving when he first took over are now having to sue him because he never paid it out

and is he doing this on a building he still isn't paying rent for?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Gonna be weird when TwitterX finally changed its iOS logo and having my Something Awful frog next to it.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Intruder posted:

yeah when I was watching it and the light was just super bright I was already thinking gently caress that sucks then it starting strobing and I was in awe

he already made them sign "I will do anything for this company or it will be considered my resignation" pledges

and of course the people who took him up on compensation for leaving when he first took over are now having to sue him because he never paid it out

and is he doing this on a building he still isn't paying rent for?

Yeah, pretty sure he still hasn't resolved that yet.

Plus there's still all the trademark poo poo

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
I'm not a twitter person. Is the X more than just a lovely rebranding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

MaximilianK posted:

I'm not a twitter person. Is the X more than just a lovely rebranding?

He’s wanted to name a company X for more than 30 years because his brain never developed past 12 years old. He got ran out of what became PayPal while on his honeymoon because he wouldn’t give up the idea.

Someone should find that kid who pushed him down the stairs when he was younger and let him finish the job