Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Folks....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Palladium posted:

i can't believe people like single player wow dailies

makes sense as arpg's are dopamine mines so by doing the daily its just more dopamine. The task is just the initial impulse to load the game. Once its running and you're killing screens of monsters and loot is exploding from every pixel then its self sustaining. And by all this i mean i really want PoE2

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
why bother with poe or wow when grim dawn with dawn of masteries mod is arpg perfection

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Palladium posted:

i can't believe people like single player wow dailies

I don't know how to explain it but I'm back on my Diablo 2 bullshit after a months long hiatus and it still sucks me in so easily despite having none of these modern mechanics for egging people to play on.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Robo Reagan posted:

why bother with poe or wow when grim dawn with dawn of masteries mod is arpg perfection

:hmmyes:

grim dawn is so loving good

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

installing games on C: instead of a separate partition, jesus christ indeed

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Ben Nerevarine posted:

installing games on C: instead of a separate partition, jesus christ indeed

Seriously, SSDs are so cheap just get a second one for all your games

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Godlessdonut posted:

Seriously, SSDs are so cheap just get a second one for all your games

SSDs are so cheap now you don't even need a second one.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

I maintain that Radagon is intended as the actual last boss (and def. one of the best fights in ER) and the Elden Beast is just basically a cutscene/victory lap where you sit back and enjoy the visuals. Treating it like a regular fight makes you too impatient for what it is, I guess

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

good for them. more than anything else addons ruined wow.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

lol why would anyone play Diablo 4, a bad game

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
it would be really loving funny if pathofexile2 was rdy to ship now

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Koirhor posted:

it would be really loving funny if pathofexile2 was rdy to ship now

june 2024 closed beta lol

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I cav d in and bough Baldurs Gate 3 to play multiplayer with friends.

I made Snowdrift the himbo Drow Paladin.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

C:Spam

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

CS: Pam

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

MonsieurChoc posted:

I cav d in and bough Baldurs Gate 3 to play multiplayer with friends.

I made Snowdrift the himbo Drow Paladin.

The EA characters don't carry over, just so you're aware.

I also got the EA, but used it to make a class that I wouldn't want to play otherwise (Ranger in this case; in the actual game I will obviously be a Monk that is a beautiful amoral Asian man with long black hair).

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

oh yeah that's next tuesday im trying to put together a bg3 group, pm if interested and we can see if schedules work out

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
is this peoples first blizzard game or what ? that company suuuucks

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

RealityWarCriminal posted:

you'll want to run the game before they patch out all the really funny bugs

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

no you see they cleaned out the cosby suite

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Curiously enough, Thud4 is a UI mod rather than some kind of tricksy collection of cheats and exploits, offering different overlays you can tinker with that do things like track your resources and missed items. It's not totally innocent, mind you: I suspect Blizzard isn't keen on its ability to reveal dungeon maps before you've explored them, but even that seems a relatively minor sin compared to some of the hacks that plague other online games.

if only someone had seen this coming

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Al! posted:

oh yeah that's next tuesday im trying to put together a bg3 group, pm if interested and we can see if schedules work out

Next Thursday I think. From what I understand, it was originally releasing 3 days early for EA people, but not anymore.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Al! posted:

I'd do it but my schedule ain't reliable

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

scheduling is the hardest part for me is always scheduling since all of my friends irl now are like, middle aged women with kids who don't play video games

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

went back and got the other endings for AC4A. i love that the last path is you doing genocide on floating rich people while a guy does the david cameron "doot de doo" and tells you how many millions you're killing

then the final ending is like "you are the worst monster in human history who has killed more people than anyone ever" and your mech mary poppinses into the sky

this did not slake my thirst for AC. might check out AC5 Verdict Day even though i've heard it aint great

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
sold my csgo inventory to pay for remnant 2. hope it's worth it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Communist Thoughts posted:

went back and got the other endings for AC4A. i love that the last path is you doing genocide on floating rich people while a guy does the david cameron "doot de doo" and tells you how many millions you're killing

then the final ending is like "you are the worst monster in human history who has killed more people than anyone ever" and your mech mary poppinses into the sky

this did not slake my thirst for AC. might check out AC5 Verdict Day even though i've heard it aint great

You can always try the ps1/ps2/psp games.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
anything under 100gb install is fine these days

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Ark pioneered the 350GB install years ago.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

thats a lotta gigs for a stick collecting simulator

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

evrrart claire just called me a retard

mr. evrart is helping me find my gun :(

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Al! posted:

thats a lotta gigs for a stick collecting simulator

each stick is a gigabyte

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence

Bro Dad posted:

also the evil foreign businesses profiting off the dictatorship are canadian

I know that probably reads as desperate attempt at Ubisoft's pathetic insistence to the apolitical, but Canada as a nationstate really is just an international front for truly horrible global mining groups.

Rockstar Massacre has issued a correction as of 21:51 on Jul 29, 2023

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Rockstar Massacre posted:

I know that probably reads as desperate attempt at Ubisoft's pathetic insistence to the apolitical, but Canada as a nationstate really is just an international front for truly horrible global mining groups.
Canada is not a nation state dude. A nation state is a political entity where a single ethnic group has both the political power and will to define things like official languages and culture. That is, the state is representative of the (supposed) interests of the dominant nation, at least in-so-far as it doesn't directly interfere with the interests of capital. Canada, with its large French Canadian population and varied official languages, is not a nation state. Canada is multinational/cultural state.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
remnant pro tip, set voice volume to 0%

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Canada is not a nation state dude. A nation state is a political entity where a single ethnic group has both the political power and will to define things like official languages and culture. That is, the state is representative of the (supposed) interests of the dominant nation, at least in-so-far as it doesn't directly interfere with the interests of capital. Canada, with its large French Canadian population and varied official languages, is not a nation state. Canada is multinational/cultural state.

you're correct and great post but i actually just typed 'nationstate' in another post two minutes before that one and my phone autofilled 'nation' with 'state' without me noticing. thank you for immortalizing this embarassing oversight

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

canada isnt even real

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
canada is a mining conglomerate masquerading as a country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
canada is fine