Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

frumpykvetchbot posted:

The janky-rear end assembly looks super improvised. What in hell are those LED modules they've made the sign from? they don't look like any signage LED module I've ever seen. The bulk and depth of the modules looks high powered. The video shows how absurdly bright they are, completely inappropriate for inner-city signage.

Sometimes working in an office you get assigned a little fun task to help with team building. Imagine getting pulled aside by a middle manager saying

"Two weeks ago Deb decorated John's desk for his birthday. And last week Ryan got donuts for everyone. So this week's your turn and what I'm going to need you to do this week is erect a giant X on the roof."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

OneEightHundred posted:

Flashing signs are also illegal just about everywhere so they're almost certainly going to get fined by the city.

At what point of him not paying those fines do the city actually do something, as he 100% is just going to ignore fines.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

it makes sense that he changed it to repost being that's about 80% of what he does on twitter all day

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Still says "retweet" to me - maybe he rolled back the change?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

oh jay posted:

"Two weeks ago Deb decorated John's desk for his birthday. And last week Ryan got donuts for everyone. So this week's your turn and what I'm going to need you to do this week is erect a giant X on the roof."

"how many weeks to do this do I have." "You have till 5:00 today,".

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

frumpykvetchbot posted:

The janky-rear end assembly looks super improvised. What in hell are those LED modules they've made the sign from? they don't look like any signage LED module I've ever seen. The bulk and depth of the modules looks high powered. The video shows how absurdly bright they are, completely inappropriate for inner-city signage.

Outdoor stage lighting? Probably the cheapest, easily available, semi-weatherproof units available. Unless they built it out of dismantled floodlights.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

frumpykvetchbot posted:

The janky-rear end assembly looks super improvised. What in hell are those LED modules they've made the sign from? they don't look like any signage LED module I've ever seen.

Musk chose the logo on Wednesday right? They had 3 days to design, build and install it.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/sferik/status/1684992758405271552

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Songbearer posted:

Imagine if it was really possible to remove the ability to see a specific shade of colour through surgery and you choose blue, the best colour, when you could get rid of something boring like red

somewhat unintuitively, blue is the correct choice

if you excise your blue color vision, you will perceive everything in a range of teal to hot pink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW2NVBvI9TA

if you cut out red instead, the world becomes blue and dull brown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcB_NhUNP0I

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

frumpykvetchbot posted:

Undoubtedly build from Tesla scrap metal and broken headlights

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Songbearer posted:

Imagine if it was really possible to remove the ability to see a specific shade of colour through surgery and you choose blue, the best colour, when you could get rid of something boring like red

:actually: pink is cool and good.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

somewhat unintuitively, blue is the correct choice

if you excise your blue color vision, you will perceive everything in a range of teal to hot pink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW2NVBvI9TA

if you cut out red instead, the world becomes blue and dull brown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcB_NhUNP0I

And here I am being a loser with Deuteranopia.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

DaveWoo posted:

Still says "retweet" to me - maybe he rolled back the change?

20 million lines of code, please be patient

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

parthenocarpy posted:

Oh god when will it's Tesla true nature re-emerge, it finds a way to unmoor itself, and proceed to run over the nearest kid.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

a janky, hastily built temporary sign designed to annoy everyone, placed on the edge of a skyscraper, and supported only by sandbags, is a pretty apt metaphor for Twitter

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

parthenocarpy posted:

Had not considered the "built from parts they were meant to be putting in cybertrucks" option.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

Grimes is absolutely an insane techno princess out of a William Gibson novel

I just want to say that this is not true. She pretends to be/thinks she is/dresses like an insane techno princess from a William Gibson novel. The reality is that she has made some decent music and is a bit weird, she’s actually done nothing that different to other popstars.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

parthenocarpy posted:

One day Elon Musk will be 69 years old. Heh. Elite.

God I hope not.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

dr_rat posted:

At what point of him not paying those fines do the city actually do something, as he 100% is just going to ignore fines.
They're also going to get hit a court order to take it down, and if they defy a court order then the court gets to make people have a very bad time.

Oh and yes, signs in SF have legal wind stress requirements too.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 29, 2023

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
the ugliness, the slapdash implementation and questionable legality of that monstrosity together with the actual Twitter sign merely having been vandalised rather than removed is a perfect physical embodiment of the coked up moron's "rebrand"

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

frumpykvetchbot posted:

i never thought he'd outdo grover, but

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Honestly some part of me is expecting this to end with Elon ironically being under that sign when, not if, it falls over onto the sidewalk.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Scientastic posted:

I just want to say that this is not true. She pretends to be/thinks she is/dresses like an insane techno princess from a William Gibson novel. The reality is that she has made some decent music and is a bit weird, she’s actually done nothing that different to other popstars.

Performance art is a large part of a few Gibson characters which is why I pointed at that. Whether there’s something deeper underneath is irrelevant, like whether or not they “actually” are this person versus just pretending to be there really doesn’t matter. It’s futuristic, it’s weird, it’s unexpected, occasionally stupid. That’s the Grimes character, one that slots in perfectly into a cyberpunk story about psychic dolphins and mental hack ports.

Elon is the type of guy who mistakes personal brand for identity. His PR team crafted a character back in the 2000’s for him as the tech innovator of the century - the industry idol, the techno brainiac, the type of guy you want to have money. This was all extremely effective marketing that the tech press ate up with very little critical thinking - still high off of blowjobbing of Steve Jobs and Jony Ive and the new venture capital landscape of Silicon Valley. Elon believes all of that hype.

My point is that Grimes’ personal pop star brand is exactly what Elon wants the most out of everything in the world. Of course, she has at least some talent (quibble with me on how much, whatever, I don’t care) and Elon has none.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The giant X blasting disco lights into the stratosphere should at least make it easier to pilot a jet into the Twitter building

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Honestly surprised none of his stupid poo poo at tesla, spacex and now twitter hasn’t directly caused a death due to one dumb edict or another. The tesla fsd killing people is close but it lacks the immediate effect. He’s just been lucky so far really.

Oh and also that stupid vegas tunnel. That will kill someone sooner or later.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
:lol: Imagine a disgruntled employee pushing over the X and it lands on Elian's stupid head. Elian losing all his fortune investing in bitcoin.

Outpost22 fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jul 29, 2023

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I have enjoyed grimes songs

Elon would probably do lovely white guy freestyle over a eurobeat

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Hey folk, Elon Musk is a right oval office but can we swerve the rambling on about him being harmed or wishing harm upon him and stuff. It's gross and weird. :thanks:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Alan Smithee posted:

This sociopath poo poo strikes me as eminently muskian in spirit

https://www.vice.com/en/article/4339xd/the-hippie-capitalist-ceo-who-wants-to-win-a-nobel-prize-with-sober-raves

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Alan Smithee posted:

musk is already a musical artist

https://mixmag.net/read/elon-musk-drops-music-video-self-produced-edm-track-news

quote:

​Elon Musk drops music video for his self-produced house track

‘Don't Doubt Your Vibe’ is the soundtrack to the latest Tesla advert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOEWUm6aGPg

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Solefald posted:

Hey folk, Elon Musk is a right oval office but can we swerve the rambling on about him being harmed or wishing harm upon him and stuff. It's gross and weird. :thanks:

:cheers:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i can't read tweet replies but i imagine all of musks bootlickers are happy about anything that owns the "libs" aka san francisco

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

osha codes hold back hard working south africans

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Elon musk is a much dumber Ted faro

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Solefald posted:

i hope elon musk kicks the poo poo out of me and thumbs my eyes out

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
:twisted:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Should fight fire with fire.
The other building has more windows.
Fill them up with lasers and point them all at Elon's office.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Rotten Red Rod posted:

He knows it'd obnoxious and ugly. He thinks it's funny to piss off his neighbors and the SF government.

You all give this dipshit too much credit. He's Homer Simpson building his dream car but with a website

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Heath posted:

You all give this dipshit too much credit. He's Homer Simpson building his dream car but with a website

And cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Buce posted:

i can't read tweet replies but i imagine all of musks bootlickers are happy about anything that owns the "libs" aka san francisco

Yeah, that's probably why he did it.

OMG, I'm so popular on my $44 billion social network.