Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Why do they even have wet tires at this point, they'd save a bunch of costs if they just ditched the tires that they only use for doing laps before the safety car and then the one lap to the pits for inters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

That was a BS penalty on Lewis! Red Bull cheating at race control imo.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

How shameful for the disgraced former WDC to turn his car left into Checho after hitting him once, to hit him a second time in the right rear wheel, thus causing Checho to retire.

Thank you stewards for your appropriate judgement

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Lewis the Menace, jealous of Perez's impeccable display of driving prowess, had no choice but to ram him violently into the gravel

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

did Horner compare it to Silverstone that one time.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Dan is going to be driving into gravel all week to try and make a point

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard
I had to be somewhere so I was walking around town watching on my phone, the dream promised by that Japan only Game Gear TV tuner come true. Ideal viewing conditions for a sprint race really.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Snackula posted:

I had to be somewhere so I was walking around town watching on my phone, the dream promised by that Japan only Game Gear TV tuner come true. Ideal viewing conditions for a sprint race really.

we had that game gear tv tuner thing in the UK too. it really did suck tho.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

oi u got a license for that??

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i was a child but yes it would have been covered by my home having a TV licence

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Why did we think Yuki was doing such a great job? Noted washed out driver Danny Ric is clearly outperforming him.

…man, de Vries may have been GOATifi levels of bad.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Kirios posted:

Why did we think Yuki was doing such a great job? Noted washed out driver Danny Ric is clearly outperforming him.

Danny knows he's on try-outs for Checo's seat.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

My parents gave me a choice of getting a game gear or some lovely genesis game which I don't remember and in retrospect I'm glad I just got some lovely genesis game.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The game gear was the one with the bright colour display and a battery life measured in minutes as a result of that, wasn't it?

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

6 AA batteries and it lasted like two hours if you were lucky lol

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Someone brought one into school with the TV tuner for the 1998 world cup, that's all I remember of it

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Something I do really miss is just the insane amount of really loving stupid poorly thought out electronic accessories that came out of the 80s and 90s. The fact that somebody was like "Yeah we need a printer for the gameboy, what if you want to print poo poo off it" and that idea got green lit, went through the design and manufacturing process and got sold is something that would never happen today.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/HQ6T2ZM/A/polaroid-hi-print-2x3-pocket-photo-printer-and-paper-bundle-everything-box

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Micro-USB :yikes:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Diet Crack posted:

I can hear #TeamLH44 having a collective aneurysm right now
I don't know why, the sight of Lewis lazily understeering into a Red Bull must be familiar by now.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

tony quidtana posted:

Something I do really miss is just the insane amount of really loving stupid poorly thought out electronic accessories that came out of the 80s and 90s. The fact that somebody was like "Yeah we need a printer for the gameboy, what if you want to print poo poo off it" and that idea got green lit, went through the design and manufacturing process and got sold is something that would never happen today.

Sega’s North American devision was hilarious for this.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Kirios posted:

He starts 8 positions behind him tomorrow so let’s no go nuts. The sprints are sort of irrelevant anyway.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
It’s rather unfortunate as the final 2 Sega consoles were excellent but nobody cared other than me by that point.

The Saturn actually outsold the N64 in Japan by a considerable amount but it ate poo poo in export markets.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

tony quidtana posted:

The NES had its own modem - Japan only, but it was reasonably popular. Something like 60% of Japanese households had an NES at the end of the 1980s and in 1989 they made more money that Toyota did.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Frond posted:

It’s rather unfortunate as the final 2 Sega consoles were excellent but nobody cared other than me by that point.

The Saturn actually outsold the N64 in Japan by a considerable amount but it ate poo poo in export markets.

Diluting your brand's identity with endless confusing add-ons and undermining consumer confidence in it would do that. Why buy the latest console if Sega's just going to release something else in 2 years time because they can't decide on committing to anything? Was a poo poo show all around.

Which is a shame because the Dreamcast was excellent, just most developers and consumers had moved on from Sega by that point.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
This is the weekend, can i still talk about air fryers now or do I need to wait for the summer break?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Frond posted:

I picked up a Dreamcast right when retailers were trying to clear loving anything related to them out for a grand total of $16 and got a 30 pack of CD-Rs from Future Shop™️ on the way home and it was the best console I ever bought.

Frond posted:

Sega’s North American devision was hilarious for this.

there could be a whole documentary about trying to figure out who the gently caress thought the Sega Channel was a good idea.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I think the Sprint, done like this, makes F1 weekends more interesting.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Elendil004 posted:

I think the Sprint, done like this, makes F1 weekends more interesting.

another sprinkler convert

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
The sprint should set the grid for the GP. :haibrow:

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
I loved my Dreamcast, Shenmue, Crazy Taxi, House of the Dead 2, Jet Set Radio, Rez, ChuChu Rocket was great in local multiplayer.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Sega also never had any particularly independent Western developers and relied on third party for mass market games. They went all in on appealing to Japanese markets which is fine enough if you aren't trying to stay in business against three other manufacturers.

Also, lol Stroll is worse than every Russian pay driver we've had to put up with

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

lol Oscar "Dunno if you call it second place. First top three in a sort of race"

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Why didn’t Max pit right away? E:i guess then Piastri wouldn’t have.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

You Am I posted:

lol Oscar "Dunno if you call it second place. First top three in a sort of race"

‘First podium at a…’
*Looks at the podium*
‘Whatever this is’

I lol’d.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Rinkles posted:

Why didn’t Max pit right away? E:i guess then Piastri wouldn’t have.

First pit box with everyone coming in behind you leaves you stranded in your box until they pass

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

I had a hilarious dream last night that I was doing so well in racing video games online that Alpine poo poo canned Ocon and hired me as his replacement.

There was a moment there where I had the contract in front of me and I hesitated like maybe I should ask for more money, and I looked up, and the head Alpine guy was giving me this look like, "wtf are you doing, no one gets this opportunity just sign it."

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Coming soon (read: delayed) to a theater near you as the Gran turismo movie.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

Femtosecond posted:

I had a hilarious dream last night that I was doing so well in racing video games online that Alpine poo poo canned Ocon and hired me as his replacement.

There was a moment there where I had the contract in front of me and I hesitated like maybe I should ask for more money, and I looked up, and the head Alpine guy was giving me this look like, "wtf are you doing, no one gets this opportunity just sign it."

Did Zack Brown bust through the wall like the Kool-Aid Man and give you a McLaren contract? If not then not very realistic op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
Lewis showing strength in the face of adversity