Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

hahahahaha

By popular demand posted:

I bet all of you are cowardly arachnophobes who can't color a comic! well I'm not.

This is quite pleasant, I appreciate the more muted, earthy colors

NAG has a new favorite as of 12:31 on Jul 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer

lmao wonderful

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

NAG posted:

hahahahaha

This is quite pleasant, I appreciate the more muted, earthy colors

Thanks, hopefully I'm getting better at this.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (Dec 1-8, 1940)

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
You started posting Val four months ago, and in that time it's gone from an obscure joke to a thread highlight.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Emzedoh posted:

But yeah, Thor and Loki aren't coming out of this one looking real good, are they?

It's pretty accurate to the mythology in that respect.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Owl at Home if you want this as an av I will give it to you with your choice of title text

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

vyelkin posted:

Owl at Home if you want this as an av I will give it to you with your choice of title text

That's very kind, but I like my current avatar a lot! Thanks!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Harold Foster sure was a loving professional. Look at that bottom left panel. The lighting, the shading, the use of color, all for a single panel, all done in analog. poo poo is phenomenal

Kill Six Billion Demons

quote:

BEHOLD
Alt: THE SEPTAGRAMMATON

Alt: allison, i was not lying, there were plants in the atrium

quote:

“When striking iron, it’s better to break the hammer than the arm that swings it.”

– Old folk saying, Red City circa 500 B.S.C.

Alt: Eggs. Bread. Ajash. Two butter rolls. Small soup. Bean cakes. Pickles. Honey. Curry and rice (vegetarian, mild). Coffee. Green plums.

quote:

Prim, after some time, began to grow tired of the road.

She had become accustomed to it, in the way that the shapes of her body fit its grooves and whorls in a kind of tired obedience. Her feet were hardened and calloused from years of walking. Since leaving her father’s house, she had done nothing but walk. Even though prim was very small and white, and had very small hands, she was not like the soft and tender-footed maidens with full stomachs that populated the crepuscular palaces of the outer realms at that time. She was wiry and dust-blown, and bent constantly towards the horizon.

On her travels, Prim had met many sages, warriors, and poets. She had traveled through many realms, and trod across the soil of many lands. Through it all she had summered with princes, taken refuge at countless hermitages, and even lived as an errant musician for a while, sleeping tucked into an attic in a many hued city, shored up with the intoxication of youth and the faint warmth of drifting and forgotten friendships.

And yet, all that was behind her. The road always pulled her back, making rapid past tense of everything, gobbling it up like a starving stray, and she was sick of seeing it. Her heart was glad to be free of the iron cage of her childhood, and yet it longed for a resting place, a nook in which to nestle until the soreness could drain from her body.

She began, then, to wonder where the road ended.

– Prim Masters the Road

There will be some excerpts from Prim Masters the Road throughout this chapter and they're worth reading because they're a nice reflection/encapsulation of Allison's own journey

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Owl at Home posted:

Makes sense! :cheersdoge: thanks for posting a fascinating comic

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Valhalla is certainly a bit frustrating to read but for me at least Tjalfe's development in this last set is promising enough to mitigate most of that. Adults are assholes is a perfectly fine lesson so long as the protagonists actually learn it and can begin to do something about it.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Owl at Home posted:

wait, let's compromise

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Oh my god

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Hay guys wha

:yikes:

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

wait, let's compromise

Well shoot, I don't know if I can say no to that

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: As soon as Jos3ph enters the room, Car has eyes only for him! Jos3ph puts two and two together to realize Car hates him for killing Esidi! The surviving coconut says hey, pay attention, because Jos3ph isn't his opponent right now!

Read right to left:

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Owl at Home posted:

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

that pose. they should have sent a poet. (even with a mostly robot body that's a lol)

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Previously on Tales of the Beanworld, we had a fifteen-year time skip after issue 21. Between publications in real life, that is. The story picks up, like, next week or something.

Dancing Cuties.

Beast Boy bothers Raven

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

KennyMan666 posted:

Beast Boy bothers Raven

that is a big bird

also cant wait to see emus or cassowaries in green's birds.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Been working on the next comic on and off this afternoon, i figured out the middle part which was giving me creative difficulty earlier in the week when i was trying to storyboard but i think i finally have it nailed down so it's just a matter of drawing it and coloring it now. this is me we're talking about so i'll definitely get distracted throughout the process, but im hoping to finish in a few hours

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

It's July so that means it's time for the Halloween filler episode

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
Green rock girl comic really captures the experience of being a nervous useless gay in high school, it's making me all nostalgic.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Night Visitors

Q-Rais Talks to Himself

Chapter 3: Chicken-chup Bento

Cha Cha Wars poster in the video rental place. Kin Dza Dza is a soviet science fiction film made in ’86, which explains why I as an American had never heard of it, but it apparently has a bit of a cult following among film nerds here in Japan at least.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

:aaaaa: It's perfect, thank you!!!

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡
The Djinn, by 深海巨狗 (read left to right)

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Oh man, the Djinn. This is gonna be a trip. Also is anyone else impressed that the timg'd comics form an exact rectangle even though they're all different lengths and widths?

Shinozaki's Daily Maintenance

Japanese companies get their employees to take annual physicals?

Japan Tengu Party Illustrated

The upside of missing the call to adventure: you don't have to live like a hobo.
The downside of missing the call to adventure: you have to go to school still.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

School of World

Tales from the Hinderland

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
stop posting things i cant keep up
stop flourishing dammit

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer

Emzedoh posted:

Japanese companies get their employees to take annual physicals?

Yup. I believe it is a legal requirement? The way my school explained it to us (and take this with a grain of salt because my school absolutely sucks) is you either do it for free when they schedule it, or you have to do it on your own dime. It's a real point of contention for a lot of foreign staff.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Free healthcare? Sounds like a good idea to be honest. Especially if they do it in work hours.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Regy Rusty posted:

Adults are assholes is a perfectly fine lesson so long as the protagonists actually learn it and can begin to do something about it.

yeah this. and even if it's a good moral to have, it's not very enjoyable to read when that's all it has

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

True enough. Loki was really boiling my poo poo this chapter, I can tell you that much. Not only cruel but stupid. What did he think was going to happen?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Spacetrawler

End of book 2.

Epilogue:

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
So, I normally read SA on my phone using the app so not sure how I’d do this, but if anyone wants to post it here for people, I was made aware of a new comic.

If anyone remembers Cutbu, who made the crazy (I want to say Korean?) comics that usually involved farting or some other crazy thing. They have a new comic on Webtoons called 28th Century Superfan and it’s absolute gold from the first chapter I read. If anyone wants to post it for this thread they can go for it.

https://m.webtoons.com/en/comedy/28th-century-superfan/list?title_no=5418

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Yeah she's Korean, and thanks for the heads up, I fuckin love Cutbu

e: for those who don't recognize the name or don't know, she's the one who did this

oh yeah I forgot about the slur, so cw for that

come to think of it 10th Dimension Boys would be an awesome one to post too

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 02:29 on Jul 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Kennel posted:

Spacetrawler

End of book 2.
I've forgotten a LOT about Spacetrawler from when it was posted in the CCCC thread, but this little moment here vanishing from my head surprised me. I was curious about the song, checked the comic on the site's archive, and found the following:

Erisian posted:

What is this song? Something you came up with for the comic, or a folk song I am failing to track down?

Christopher posted:

@Erisian, A South American children’s song: estaba la paloma blanca (Nogg sings it slightly slower).

edit: see, now Cutbu's NAME i might not have remembered, but '10th dimension boys' is a category that contains concepts no human being is going to forget.

Drakyn has a new favorite as of 02:30 on Jul 30, 2023