Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
When you render there's a clicker for the light location and intensity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Well, the Cube DOES have 2 c pillars, it's just one is hidden from the exterior.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

veni veni veni posted:

Uhhh, no thanks Facebook.

195k members lol

Oh you don’t want to join a ton of non stop drama?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Flyinglemur posted:

Here's a dumb question since I haven't asked one in about 8 minutes, you do all these on studio right? Do you have a different program? Your lighting looks so much better than anything I can do. But that kind of goes along with everything else lego-related lol. I just wasn't sure if you were doing these on a CAD program or if you had all these blocks and stickers on hand and just whipped up all of these cars :-)
The stuff I post is a mix of physical builds and renders. This one's done in Studio, yeah. Settings:
Size: 1200x800
Quality: Medium
Background: Solid Color (100, 100, 100)
Light: Building, Left-Front
Rotation: 0, 0
Intensity: 1.1

I don't have a whole ton of spare pieces on hand, honestly. I use BrickLink to order pieces on a per-model basis when I design something I want to physically own.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Carb please sell the instructions and even a link to print the stickers please

Poke Chop
Apr 27, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

The Super Mario line is about to get Larry and Morton. As far as I can tell, that is the last of the koopalings and the last of any of the obvious characters or baddies to get a figure.

The sets are constantly on clearance all over the place. Is this it for the mario line? Are there rumors of what comes next?

Larry was already in another set, and they haven't made Roy yet. Im going to be ticked off if they end the series with 6/7 koopa kids. Roy is the best one anyway.

I think that after the upcoming sets, there will be one more wave in january, and that's it. This series doesn't have a new character base set, or a creativity box, or a set of blind bag/CMFs. It feels like they are winding it down.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I wonder if they screwed up on that. Like, they meant to do Roy but got mixed up and forgot he was done already. Because it made sense to finish the group rather than double up on one. They even did boom boom and pom pom.

I guess that means at least one more run of them. No idea what they would do at this point. Maybe a Daisy main set or something.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I got the Jazz Club for my birthday. My dad bought it at a Lego store in the mall, and they also threw in this Christmas elf scene and a 12-in-1 thing. I didn’t know they’d do that at a brick and mortar store.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Oh yeah they love to hand out promo stuff at the store if they have it in stock

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

The Christmas elf thing is on the website as an in-store special. Did they have a lot leftover or something?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/angusmaclane/status/1685356140580990981
:psyduck:

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
I see Lego and Marvel are finally going to acknowledge MODOK’s role in Ant-M…wait.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Carbohydrates posted:

The stuff I post is a mix of physical builds and renders. This one's done in Studio, yeah. Settings:
Size: 1200x800
Quality: Medium
Background: Solid Color (100, 100, 100)
Light: Building, Left-Front
Rotation: 0, 0
Intensity: 1.1

I don't have a whole ton of spare pieces on hand, honestly. I use BrickLink to order pieces on a per-model basis when I design something I want to physically own.

Thank you so much for this information! I have messed around with the lighting but I can't make it look this freaking good. You are truly a good dude

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Now that you two have posted it I do remember having that set. I also found the white 90° angle and the black ladder thing and had no idea what they were for. I don't have a space logo white 2x3 ramp piece or the black 3 nozzle rockets. I've also lost about 1/3 of my astronaut figs. They were such a loyal crew.

Just remembered the reason I started with my space stuff was because I bought the new galaxy explorer, so it's time to build that. Gonna be just like a time travel episode!

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Those ladder type pieces were used for so much greebling in the eighties and early nineties. Not just ladders, but all sorts of grates and vents too.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This is some classic G1 Transformers jank and I love it.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Spider Jerusalemishly: WHERE'S YOUR TORSO!?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Marvel CMF series 2 sheet

Unfortunately looks like no buildable Sentinel, it’s just that Wolverine’s accessory is a Sentinel head.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
dumbass "leakers" WRONG AGAIN

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah OK, but Lucky the Pizza Dog mini

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Infinitum posted:

Yeah OK, but Lucky the Pizza Dog mini

Exactly! Also that Storm.

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lame that Wolverine's head is the reused yellow-black when he has a blue suit print

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Anyone have any good lego follow suggestions on mastodon?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Boco_T posted:

Carb please sell the instructions and even a link to print the stickers please
Didn't really expect much interest in a total meme build. Here you go:

Instructions / Parts List / Graphics

No charge. If you wanna kick me a few bucks, you can buy something else off my Rebrickable, but please don't feel obligated.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

You should buy some though treat yourself there’s some great cars in there

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007
Does anyone here ever trade CMFs? I’ve got a handful of duplicates I’ve been meaning to trade off for a while now.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Gin_Rummy posted:

Does anyone here ever trade CMFs? I’ve got a handful of duplicates I’ve been meaning to trade off for a while now.

Reddit is a decent place for this.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i bought a retired set since i can't buy the car in real life. hopefully im not too disappointed by the build, because the newer cars are pretty slick with their techniques.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Sunk Dunk posted:

i bought a retired set since i can't buy the car in real life.

My story exactly. I mean, exactly. It was fun! Nothing crazy or weird, just a nice little build.

https://youtu.be/yLA9V2oTNwY

I still have hopes of buying the real thing some day, though.

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 31, 2023

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Sunk Dunk posted:

i bought a retired set since i can't buy the car in real life. hopefully im not too disappointed by the build, because the newer cars are pretty slick with their techniques.

It's a gorgeous model but the dashboard is kinda wobbly.

I love how they did the wheel wells. The way they narrowed the engine bay as it gets towards the front is nothing ground breaking but looks really, really good.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

xzzy posted:

It's a gorgeous model but the dashboard is kinda wobbly.

I love how they did the wheel wells. The way they narrowed the engine bay as it gets towards the front is nothing ground breaking but looks really, really good.

And the drop nose, too. There are a few subtle angles on the thing that were handled well.

And yeah the dash is held on the end of a rod if I recall, which makes it less stable, but it’s an entirely non-functional part so once it’s in, that’s it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I will add that the old technic figures fit perfectly in the driver's seat.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Gin_Rummy posted:

I thought there was a thread or it used to be a thing in here. I've got some dupes I would like to get rid of as well. I need to get a list together.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

New leaks:

-Majisto Promo GWP will be available during VIP weekend(Nov 18-19)/Black Friday, 365 pieces, 3 minis
-Palace of Agrabah disney building set 506 pcs

Tons of Star Wars 2024 leaks:
-Clones vs Droid battle pack, $30, 215 pcs, up to 10 figs including new Super Battle droids, clone legion unknown potentially plain white regular phase 2
-midi-scale Millenium Falcon and Tantive IV
-Tantive IV boarding scene diorama
-Boonta Eve Podrace diorama (probably microscale w/o figs)
-buildable r2, maybe with a c3po?
- skeleton crew set, crimson firehawk from that kids show
-buildable Droideka
-Grogu'sGogurt's escape set (mando season 3 flashback)

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jul 31, 2023

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
I love the look of the 7 but the drop nose was always the fragile part for me. It loved to fall off at the slightest touch or rearrangement on the desk. One of my favorite builds and the yellow color is perfect.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
what the gently caress is a grogu

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Built the new Galaxy Explorer last night. Really clever, well done and fun as poo poo. Tons of features and detail, if I were a kid I'd play with the finished model for DAYS.

They start you out with one astronaut and the robot. They supervise while the robot passes out drinks.

A couple bags in, a couple more astronauts show up.

Last astronaut arrives, the robot is really tired of the guys refusing to hydrate.

I had to focus on this door mechanism, I haven't been building Lego for the last 35 years so this is really ingenious to me.

Making it functional and also having all this detail in really blows me away.

And then getting the angle and location right so it fits as a back wall to the main fuselage, it's like "how did they figure that out?"

No guys, you can't test drive now, there's no engines yet.

Alright finished model let's goooo

There's bunks, and I love the radar graphic.

Buggy in the cargo bay that rolls out when you pull out and drop the ramp.

Pass through all the way to the cockpit.

Howdy boys, we're from the future!

Worth the money for sure. Took me about 5 hours to build.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Sunk Dunk posted:

my bad, fixed it for you

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm kind of glad I've cooled hard on Star Wars lego - there's just so few sets that grab me, and even the ones I sort of like (Tie Bomber) just feel too pricey for what they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Sunk Dunk posted: