Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

imagine posting this at nazi website lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

oh wow it’s illegal? that’s crazy!

yep actually looks like it's super duper illegal

https://codelibrary.amlegal.com/codes/san_francisco/latest/sf_planning/0-0-0-25129

City and County of San Francisco posted:

SEC. 608.8. MARKET STREET SPECIAL SIGN DISTRICT.

There shall be a special sign district known as the "Market Street Special Sign District" in the vicinity of Market Street, from The Embarcadero to Octavia Boulevard as designated on Sectional Map SS02 of the Zoning Map of the City and County of San Francisco. […]

(b) Controls.
(1) Projection of Signs and Other Features. Within said Special Sign District:
(A) No Projection shall exceed a horizontal distance of six feet beyond any Street Property Line. This limitation shall apply to Signs and to all other features including but not limited to Marquees, Awnings and Canopies, with the sole exception of flagpoles for flags of any nation or political subdivision.
(B) Projecting Signs for each establishment shall be limited to one Sign on each street frontage occupied by the establishment, in addition to any Signs that are placed flat upon or otherwise integrated in the design of Marquees and Awnings.
(2) Height. Within said Special Sign District, all of the following limitations shall apply:
(A) A projecting Sign with lettering or other inscription arranged in a vertical manner shall have a maximum height of 60 feet; except that a greater height shall be permitted, up to a maximum height of 100 feet, provided the Height of the Sign shall remain at least 20 feet below the Roofline of the building as measured directly above the Sign.
(B) Except as provided in Paragraph (D) below, all other Signs shall be located no higher than the windowsill level of the lowest story (if any) that has a window or windows on the building facade on which the Signs are placed, exclusive of the ground story and mezzanine, provided that no such Sign shall in any case exceed a height of 60 feet.
(C) In addition, except as provided in Paragraph (D) below, uniformity of height shall be maintained in both the upper and lower edges of Signs placed flat upon or essentially parallel to each facade of a single building.
(D) As to the requirements of Paragraphs (B) and (C) above, deviation from the requirements may be permitted to the extent an alternative placement of Signs is made necessary by the location of arches, entrances and other architectural features, as determined by the Zoning Administrator, or for the purpose of installing special lighting effects and temporary holiday decorations, or for the purpose of modifying or replacing currently existing noncomplying business Wall Signs as provided by Section 607(h).
(3) Temporary Signs. With the exception of holiday decorations, no Sign composed of paper or other temporary material shall be placed on the outside of any building or structure or affixed to the glass on the outside or inside of any window, unless such Sign is placed in a frame or on a structure specifically designed for this purpose.

looking forward to the city issuing a $250 fine which he won't pay

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

jesus christ how does this keep getting worse

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Rubellavator posted:

the little bird was already minimalistic

a letter is a more simple symbol than a pictogram. alphabet more minimal than a character check this out

bird - 鳥 - 🐦

edit: turns out this is something I made up and it isn't true but it sure feels true as a western man

Antonymous has issued a correction as of 22:02 on Jul 29, 2023

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Innocuous posted:

jesus christ how does this keep getting worse

don’t doubt your vibe, because it’s true

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
So let's say what will happen besides what should happen:

What should happen, is that he gets fined every day until the sign is taken down, if he doesn't pay he's carted off to jail and then still has to pay which he could easily do and it won't effect him.

What will happen, is that he'll blame some poor visa worker that erected it and have them take the fall, if ANYTHING actually happens.

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

the wind will just go through the holes

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Elon musk gonna cause a plane crash as a viral marketing stunt for X

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Oh are you mad that he trolled you be erecting and illegal sign making it impossible to sleep?

You mad?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trucutru posted:

Why? dude is super rich, capricious, and vindictive.

It's like going back a thousand years and asking if anybody tried to tell No to the pope. Nothing good can come out of it.

If the pope told me to molest some catholic kids I would say no and then do a karate kick to his jaw.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The pope ftl.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Look upon my worX, ye mighty, and despair

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

In Training posted:

If the pope told me to molest some catholic kids I would say no and then do a karate kick to his jaw.

Benedict VIII was pope at (around) 32 and died at 44, so he seems like he was a real go-getter.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
anxiously waiting on consequences for elon for his big sign bothering poor people in an apartment

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Love that the landscaping is dead and patio furniture is a mess

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

shackleford posted:

yep actually looks like it's super duper illegal

https://codelibrary.amlegal.com/codes/san_francisco/latest/sf_planning/0-0-0-25129

looking forward to the city issuing a $250 fine which he won't pay

Some epileptic is gonna sue for a decent chunk of change and get called a pedo and hunted by the Elon stans in response

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/kristendesilva/status/1685112129123405824?s=20

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
imagine not only buying the car but then also putting a $4000 wrap on it that makes it look like a '99 eclipse driven by a guy who really, really likes dj icey

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

imagine not only buying the car but then also putting a $4000 wrap on it that makes it look like a '99 eclipse driven by a guy who really, really likes dj icey

your wrap guy charges too much

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Jonny 290 posted:

Yeah I wish I were that cool

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010
I like the wrap, its cool to me. a lot better than the stock white tesla

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

your wrap guy charges too much

you see a tesla dude roll up you givin them the budget package or nah

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
in seattle there's approximately one billion teslas and a bunch of them have wraps, presumably due to how much time you'd waste finding your car otherwise

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

you see a tesla dude roll up you givin them the budget package or nah

yeah true

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

weird that people are mad he's blatantly ignoring code and safety laws

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

the only person I know with a tesla (white) wrapped it matte white for an additional $10k (it's scratch proof)

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

love to have a phone case the same price as a phone

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lol doing any sort of protective paint stuff on a white one, the absolute bottom of the barrel tier

Yeah buddy great job, i'm sure in five years your Land-Based Rocket will look just loving great.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

to remove a scratch wouldn't cost 10k, that's the funny part

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

then again the "tesla driver premium" might apply here too

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Sir Tonk posted:

weird that people are mad he's blatantly ignoring code and safety laws

why would he share that embarrassing info

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

lol

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I drive an early 2000s wrangler and although it's a lovely car it is one of the few cars where the more dirty and dinged up it gets the cooler it is to drive. I absolutely do not worry about anything happening to it except getting my cat stolen

I don't even have glass windows to shatter take that cyber truck. cloudy yellowed vinyl all the way

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I strongly recommend not driving a wrangler i was young and foolish.

but it does own that in traffic I will play chicken with people to get into the lane I want. if they side swipe me it's only their loss and they know it. like I have a bomb vest on. loving test me bro I'll take us both out right here, idgaf. this car is worth more dead than alive

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Antonymous posted:

but it does own that in traffic I will play chicken with people to get into the lane I want. if they side swipe me it's only their loss and they know it. like I have a bomb vest on. loving test me bro I'll take us both out right here, idgaf. this car is worth more dead than alive

goddamn right

wow this bike lane works today for some reason

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Antonymous posted:

this describes my experience driving a ‘93 wrangler to a t

basically a go kart you can drive on the freeway

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Martian posted:

Look upon my worX, ye mighty, and despair

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Cucked San Franciscoans wont even result to mob justice anymore

Same with LA and the Reef.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

nikosoft posted:

Lex Fridman is breathtakingly stupid, so it's really the endorsement I expected

I first saw him when he interviewed Todd Howard and he came off like he was a fake interviewer on an adult swim bit.