Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!
The weather is being a real jerk this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.
At least they called it this morning instead of doing 2hrs or rain delay coverage during the pouring rain and calling it at 4:30 east. Now I just gotta avoid spoilers all day at work tomorrow and annoy my wife by prioritizing watching the race before I leave to go play hockey.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
I am loyal to Racing Electronics over-the-ear, regardless of whether you have a scanner. Most models have noise reduction ratings around 20, but I think you can't necessarily say that's a reduction of 20 dB because of how dB measures relative intensity and is not an absolute unit. I suspect that should keep you safely below the OSHA level for a 3-hour race in most circumstances, but it is making me wonder what race officials who are around pit road for a very long day use.

Other than (obviously) field of vision, noise is a reason why sitting higher up in the grandstands is usually much better. The difference at bowl-shaped short tracks and Pocono will be very obvious if you walk down to the bottom of the bleachers on the way to the facilities when most of the field is passing by under green.

I use musicians' earplugs at concerts, most sports, and other loud indoor events, which have an NRR more like 13-15. That's probably not sufficient for OSHA exposure levels at any racetrack, or a career in venues, but the advantage is that it doesn't really distort sound (unless you're singing along, then it's in your head). I think I've only heard ringing that night/the next morning after a concert once or twice when using them, and it's possible to get a bad seal inserting them.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Howard The Dork posted:

SRX was pretty rad, but once again the weather this year brought an early end to what was shaping up to be a really fun race.

SRX is always fun. Weather also is giving us a 2nd race at Stafford this week.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Pretty boring race yesterday and really not worth working from home for it, but nice to see Ty Gibbs run out of the Lord's grace in his He Gets Us. car not long after running out of talent into the backside of Bowman.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Anyway, Auto Club changed its Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn to Next Gen CA and the latest info I've seen from locals was that there has not been a thing done on premises.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I bought my first die-cast since I went to myrtle beach nascar store in the mid 90s.

The 04 Dale Jr ALMS Corvette hell yeah.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

algebra testes posted:

I bought my first die-cast since I went to myrtle beach nascar store in the mid 90s.

The 04 Dale Jr ALMS Corvette hell yeah.

I hope it's not the raced version.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

it comes with a figurine of the guy who pulled him out of the car

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

CBJSprague24 posted:

I hope it's not the raced version.

I don't know; I think it would make a great diecast.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Luv the flagstand camera

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

This is embarassing

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ungratek posted:

This is embarassing

What did I miss? Was watching Indy.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

iospace posted:

couple restarts [logano & suarez out and then larson pushed by bell], lots of long run green now

edit: lmao at bell messing up larson again

Virgil Vox fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jul 23, 2023

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

iospace posted:

Three straight restarts where they couldn’t get through Turn 1

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

let's check in on the hero to all young girls with racing dreams:

https://twitter.com/alanisnking/status/1683212504808267779

ah,

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
I'm not sure why Danica Patrick is involved in F1 media at all. There's a bunch of women on the F1 teams that have more relevant experience than "was an indycar binwoman for a little bit."

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Lol @ that helmet throw

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

acidx posted:

I'm not sure why Danica Patrick is involved in F1 media at all. There's a bunch of women on the F1 teams that have more relevant experience than "was an indycar binwoman for a little bit."

imo it's because "a woman who americans have heard of"

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

I hope they just wreck each other (11 & 5)

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Booooooooooooo!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Get hosed Larson, piece of poo poo.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

iospace posted:

Get hosed Larson, piece of poo poo.

But also this!

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Classic NASCAR Calvinball

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Denny Hamlin- "we've got smt data to show Chase right reared me!"

Also Denny Hamlin- "Kyle wrecked himself."

He can dish it out but can't take it. The Dale Earnhardt of a new generation.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Kyle is trash... HTH.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Clint Bowyer was getting after it in SRX.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/1684912421171761152?t=1fPHE1khr61CY9QGLNGQHw&s=19

I do not hate this at all.

E- NASCAR Productions will produce coverage, CW will hire their own talent.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jul 28, 2023

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
OTA nascar content is good. gently caress NBC for putting races on USA.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

stealie72 posted:

OTA nascar content is good. gently caress NBC for putting races on USA.

Also :lol: gently caress you, whoever wanted to make the series streaming-only.

Assuming CW can't use talent contracted by NBC and fox and everyone stays intact at those two networks, I wonder who they go with.

Give me a booth of AB, Andy Petree, and Wally Dallenbach with Ralph Sheheen, Jim Noble, and Matt Yocum on put road.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

Also :lol: gently caress you, whoever wanted to make the series streaming-only.

Assuming CW can't use talent contracted by NBC and fox and everyone stays intact at those two networks, I wonder who they go with.

Give me a booth of AB, Andy Petree, and Wally Dallenbach with Ralph Sheheen, Jim Noble, and Matt Yocum on put road.

AB and Harvick. That would be a good Xfinity booth.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

listen. i have been a kevin harvick fan for over 20 years. but the man is phenomenally uninteresting in the booth. every broadcast team should be rushing to lock down kurt busch.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Lol at Paul Tracey.... I haven't seen the end of the srx races from Thursday but homie aint racing there anymore according to recent news.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I finally watched it. The 1 wreck probably not suspension worthy. But Tracy is clearly a menace out there week after week.

Pretty funny though, early in the broadcast they talk him up with losing 50lb to be competitive in SRX, but then maybe it's his last race in the series anyway.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Tracy is clearly a menace out there week after week.

Been saying this forever.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

tater_salad posted:

Lol at Paul Tracey.... I haven't seen the end of the srx races from Thursday but homie aint racing there anymore according to recent news.

My first thought was "why was this mess invited to this series" when I saw PT was racing in the SRX series a few weeks ago.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

He's been a poo poo show since he did the whole thing he's caused so many wrecks. I finished the race last night and he just didn't lift when he should have.

Ken Schrader said 'i won't race with him on the track anymore '.

I can see why they told him you're done the series is paying for these cars when he's wrecking on average 1 a race its time to say you're done.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jul 30, 2023

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

LOL Schrader was soooooo pissed off.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Trux was fun last night. Good strategy race.

Also get hosed Larson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Good race good winner