Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

daytona 500 qualifying is tonight for some reason let's rock and roll and get some cool concussions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

daytona 500 qualifying is tonight for some reason let's rock and roll and get some cool concussions

Maybe some cars on fire?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

burn down the applebee's

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!
Hell yeah!

So tonight's qualifying determines P1 and P2 for Sunday, plus we get two "Bluegreen Vacations Duel" races tomorrow night to determine the starting positions for the rest of the field.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Do It For Dale you little shits.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Hell yeah let's ride.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
do it for digger

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

burn down the applebee's

:hmmyes:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

drat, travis pastrana having mass shooter coffee on his car is bummer, hope he goes home now.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I turned on qualifying and I see... a stalled out car? Thrilling stuff.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If only there was some way they could check out the cars before qualifying, maybe a timed session earlier in the afternoon or something.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

drat, travis pastrana having mass shooter coffee on his car is bummer, hope he goes home now.

Second only to Liberty U on my most hated sponsors list. A distant, but firm second. Kid Rock honkeystink takes third but Daniel Suarez drove that car so I try to ignore it.

Howard The Dork fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Feb 16, 2023

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It sucks because I really like travis so I'm torn, I'm glad he's in the race but gently caress the i heart school shooters car forever.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

It sucks because I really like travis so I'm torn, I'm glad he's in the race but gently caress the i heart school shooters car forever.

Same story with Gragson. I hate to love that guy cause of that poo poo sponsor.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

All Chevy front row, that's neat.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

He’s got that sponsor on his Subaru video car, the old 1980s car they built up into a weapon for his version of Gymkhana. Definitely deflates any positives you might have.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

TIL the nitro circus guy is also a nascar driver. What a world.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

only occasionally, he's done 1 other cup race and a few in the lower series I think.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
He ran K&N regional races, random truck races, and eventually I think maybe 2013 a full Xfinity season. As freakishly naturally talented as he is he has definitely struggled with stock cars. He always showed up for the fans though, generally ended up in the stands signing shirts and stuff if/when he wrecked. I think he had a fuckin' rad livery as well but not sure.

Looking forward to either him or Jimmie causing a big mess.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
not sure if anybody cares about fantasy anymore since ESPN/Yahoo stopped offering it but I created a league on NASCAR.com if anyone wants to come gently caress around

Name: GoonCar Fantasy League
Password: butts

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
drat can't pass it up with that password

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

barnold posted:

not sure if anybody cares about fantasy anymore since ESPN/Yahoo stopped offering it but I created a league on NASCAR.com if anyone wants to come gently caress around

Name: GoonCar Fantasy League
Password: butts

I'm in.

Also, for those doing NASCAR Fan Rewards, this is supposedly an easy way to cheese points toward prizes.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Also in!

Watched the duels this morning on DVR and my 3 year old is devastated that there's not an M&M car anymore. Says she's never eating M&Ms again!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

CBJSprague24 posted:

Also, for those doing NASCAR Fan Rewards, this is supposedly an easy way to cheese points toward prizes.

i believe the league needs 6 participants minimum to be eligible for the rewards points but easy enough to join a bigger league and just copy your entry if you're tryna chooch those points

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

LOL ARCA had a pack race that wasn't a parade, A Good Race, A Good Winner, and a car that spun under caution and almost got stuck on the banking.

LOL ARCAtona is back baby.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

barnold posted:

i believe the league needs 6 participants minimum to be eligible for the rewards points but easy enough to join a bigger league and just copy your entry if you're tryna chooch those points

Well we only need one more, let's gooooooo

e: also if you're stupid like me, you copy FROM your existing entry TO your blank entry. Don't repeatedly try to use the "copy" button on your new entry, selecting your existing entry every time, and say "why isn't this working!!!"

e2: and to get the 50 points from checking in on the leaderboard during a race, you have to actually click the "check in" button on the leaderboard

camoseven fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 18, 2023

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

xfinity neads to introduce crew chief challenges

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

LOL ARCA had a pack race that wasn't a parade, A Good Race, A Good Winner, and a car that spun under caution and almost got stuck on the banking.

LOL ARCAtona is back baby.

Frankie Muniz did pretty good all things considered

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Good for Austin Hill to get a bit of redemption yesterday after failing the "all you have to do is finish and you're in the Daytona 500" challenge.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

sweet hat :clint:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I turned on the tv and there were ps2 graphics of dale driving around the oval

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Frankie Muniz did pretty good all things considered

iirc he was 5th a few laps from the end but someone ran into him and he had to go get it taped up

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm sorry but this is pretty boring to watch. I tried guys, I really did.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

yeah 500 miles is a marathon compared to most of the nascar

haven't even done a pitstop yet

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

love that they change tires two at a time :mrgw:

the number 15 spun out drifting into the dirt infield but gets into the pit lane to avoid the field taking the caution :smugmrgw:

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Kirios posted:

I'm sorry but this is pretty boring to watch. I tried guys, I really did.

ok

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

very funny to me seeing nascar taking a page out of the bicycle racing book with these stage points

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

HAIL SATAN

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
These rules seem bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

america won