Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Just needs to get on the sugar rice diet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens throwbacks are just their jerseys

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

sharknado slashfic posted:

The Winnie the Pooh school of fashion

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

No Butt Stuff posted:

I could gain 50 pounds in two months. I’m sure he can too.

AV/post combo

sharknado slashfic posted:

Nah, their initial jerseys were kinda sucky, they made some tweaks to them over their first 3-4 years

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
It’s weird to see Matt Nagy as the Qb coach of the chiefs.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Quarterback is a good show, especially now just before preseason. It especially brings to light how insanely weird goons are about Mahomes wife

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

bows1 posted:

It’s weird to see Matt Nagy as the Qb coach of the chiefs.

I still don't really understand why everyone's surprised that Nagy got the OC gig tbh. He started his coaching career in the QB room under Reid in philly, left with him immediately to Kansas City when he was sacked and was the communicator to the QB on the field for the plays. He got promoted to the OC gig when they started off slowly and really turned the team around and Alex Smith had his best year as a pro. He wasn't great in his first stint as a HC in chicago but I think a lot of people don't realise he's like the only Bears coach in recent times to have a winning record and made the playoffs in consecutive seasons.

The year he comes back as QB coach they win a superbowl and he gets promoted to OC.

I wouldn't have wanted him as the HC in Carolina instead of Reich but if they had of, for some reason hired him as OC I wouldn't have a problem with it, at all. I think he's probably one of those guys who'll have an OC job as long as he wants it, even if he never becomes a great HC. I also find it kind of hard to rule against a guy's future prospects there when it's Chicago who had a pretty messy front office situation and its their first crack too.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

BrownThunder posted:

Quarterback is a good show, especially now just before preseason. It especially brings to light how insanely weird goons are about Mahomes wife

She's way more hated on Twitter than she is here. I just think she's mildly annoying.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

BrownThunder posted:

mcmagic posted:

She's way more hated on Twitter than she is here. I just think she's mildly annoying.

Thats why I brought her up specifically. Its just good to see more about her instead of just twitter hate.

BlindSite posted:

I still don't really understand why everyone's surprised that Nagy got the OC gig tbh. He started his coaching career in the QB room under Reid in philly, left with him immediately to Kansas City when he was sacked and was the communicator to the QB on the field for the plays. He got promoted to the OC gig when they started off slowly and really turned the team around and Alex Smith had his best year as a pro. He wasn't great in his first stint as a HC in chicago but I think a lot of people don't realise he's like the only Bears coach in recent times to have a winning record and made the playoffs in consecutive seasons.

The year he comes back as QB coach they win a superbowl and he gets promoted to OC.

I wouldn't have wanted him as the HC in Carolina instead of Reich but if they had of, for some reason hired him as OC I wouldn't have a problem with it, at all. I think he's probably one of those guys who'll have an OC job as long as he wants it, even if he never becomes a great HC. I also find it kind of hard to rule against a guy's future prospects there when it's Chicago who had a pretty messy front office situation and its their first crack too.

I wasnt trying to hate on him, I just didnt realize he was there after he got fired from the Bears.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

You all know that the quarterbacks have final edit on what is shown right? It’s like a curated social media feed to paint themselves in the best possible light.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
A TV show would never lie to me take it back

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

You all know that the quarterbacks have final edit on what is shown right? It’s like a curated social media feed to paint themselves in the best possible light.

Same with Hard Knocks. It's all NFL sponsored propaganda.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I like the content about football.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

BlindSite posted:

I like the content about football.

It's lying to you though!!!!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

100%. I liked the first season of Last Chance U but I don’t think we’ll ever actually get a true Hoop Dreams-like documentary on the NFL. They control the narrative too much.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I liked how chirpy Mahomes is

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Diva Cupcake posted:

most media is done to show the subjects in the best light unless its a documentary exposing something.

Anyone even slightly media literate takes everything with a grain of salt. Its still an enjoyable show

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
it is very funny that Mariota just disappears from the show

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm glad Justin Herbert made a lot of money and will be with my team for a long time :)

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Which is why it's funny Hue Jackson blew up his career from it

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

bows1 posted:

it is very funny that Mariota just disappears from the show

Well he disappeared from the Falcons too.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Bip Roberts posted:

Which is why it's funny Hue Jackson blew up his career from it

I think that had more to do with his 14-52-1 record as a head coach.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm also glad Hard Knocks exposed how terrible he is as a coach what with Baker's benching and how he acted in the war room when other coaches tried to talk to him

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mcmagic posted:

I think that had more to do with his 14-52-1 record as a head coach.

I hope someone hires Hue Jackson again and he just keeps...existing wherever losing all of the games but playing politics so well no one thinks to fire him.

His best season in Cleveland by far was his last, 2-5-1 before you fire the guy? 2 and a half more wins than his first 2 years. He was on the upswing man.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Grittybeard posted:

I hope someone hires Hue Jackson again and he just keeps...existing wherever losing all of the games but playing politics so well no one thinks to fire him.

His best season in Cleveland by far was his last, 2-5-1 before you fire the guy? 2 and a half more wins than his first 2 years. He was on the upswing man.

Hue Jackson is a fuedal lord born in the wrong time

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Reid would be a good feudal lord, except you'd probably be hungry a lot having to pay the food tithe.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Always had a soft spot for Hue solely because of the emotion he showed in the game after Al Davis's death.

https://youtu.be/ir1zhzbVjsM

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Interesting to know that Kirk Cousins has a notch in his wall that will be empty til the day he dies

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Grittybeard posted:

He's the HC at Grambling last I saw

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Wait what the

Mariota is on the eagles?? I totally missed that news

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The funny thing was in his first season Nagy had the Bears looking legit good and made Trubisky even look like a low-tier NFL-calibur starter.

Then the Double Doink happened and it literally broke him.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The offense is like 80% Andy Reid so I’m not really worried but it will be interesting because there are a lot of rumors that Bienemy was kind of hated

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/holderstephen/status/1685438261932548096?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1685444409301594112?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Mega64 posted:

The funny thing was in his first season Nagy had the Bears looking legit good and made Trubisky even look like a low-tier NFL-calibur starter.

Then the Double Doink happened and it literally broke him.

Yeah, the psychic damage it caused is only now starting to fade

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Taylor to Chargers

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Ahahahahaha Irsay is a loving dumbass.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Just when I think the running back market can’t sink any lower

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Can't wait to get a 3rd rounder for Taylor. Irsay is generally on great terms with the players, so that bus meeting must have been something.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
*looks at the Chubb contract*

Cleveland don't do anything stupid Don't do anything else stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I mean even 24 year old top 3 RBs can’t even get extensions.