Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

So uh, are we supposed to do anything with these monster sculptures in Tarry Town or just let them pile up in a big jumble? I mean there is absolutely no room for the poo poo they are building.

I kept adding more until I didn't think I could really fit anymore, I get the impression that Kilton will NEVER stop wanting more. He reaches a point where he stops specifically asking for a particular monster he REALLY wants to see, but he's always down for more monster pictures and Hudson is a-ok with continually making more.

Edit: Also I regret to say I eventually gave up on Addison. I had done so many signs that I decided to look up a map and see what I'd missed, then went through and did all of those... and he still said he had more signs to put up so I must have missed one. I didn't feel like going back through the map so he's still out there somewhere, arms wrapped around a poorly built signpost promising to never stop supporting the President.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I kept adding more until I didn't think I could really fit anymore, I get the impression that Kilton will NEVER stop wanting more. He reaches a point where he stops specifically asking for a particular monster he REALLY wants to see, but he's always down for more monster pictures and Hudson is a-ok with continually making more.

Edit: Also I regret to say I eventually gave up on Addison. I had done so many signs that I decided to look up a map and see what I'd missed, then went through and did all of those... and he still said he had more signs to put up so I must have missed one. I didn't feel like going back through the map so he's still out there somewhere, arms wrapped around a poorly built signpost promising to never stop supporting the President.

Inconceivable.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

Inconceivable.

Unforgivable :smith:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Eh. Duder should take like an intro to engineering class or something.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

CainFortea posted:

Or just get one other guy in the company to go around putting up the signs with him, like the guy in Lookout Landing who spends all his time staring up at the tower going "Hudson Construction, yeah!".

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's very entertaining to me that I put a good 150 hours into 1 1/2 runs, and I'll still go "the who in the what now :confused:" when folks mention stuff that's in the game

I'm at about 150 hours just about and I still have so much poo poo in the game I haven't done at all. Hell most of the minor side quest stuff I haven't touched and I still have a good 1/4 of the Depths map still black.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

lol I just had a Frox and the wind temple boss statue put in and I'm starting to pile the fuckers on top of each other. Long ago I had a lightning Gleeok made but it wasn;t asked for, so I thought maybe I could carry it up to Link's house to put on the roof but nope Kiltn refuses to allow any statues to leave that tiny lot.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Item Getter posted:

Or just get one other guy in the company to go around putting up the signs with him, like the guy in Lookout Landing who spends all his time staring up at the tower going "Hudson Construction, yeah!".

I strongly suspect none of his colleagues actually want to hang out with him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

To be honest I was never entirely sure he actually worked for Hudson Construction at all, or was just a disturbingly enthusiastic fan.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
The ultimate brand engager.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Rolled credits finally tonight. The final sequence and the ending itself were very good. This game ruled so much harder than I expected going in (I was pretty meh on BotW).

Decided to play some more and loaded up my save from before the ending. I had an ancient map marker in the depths so I figured I’d go check that out.

It was a goddam Lynel coliseum :gonk: I got through three of the bastards before deciding I didn’t have enough resources on hand to finish. Whoever came up with that one should face terrorism charges, it’s way harder than the actual endgame.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Jerusalem posted:

To be honest I was never entirely sure he actually worked for Hudson Construction at all, or was just a disturbingly enthusiastic fan.

Who Carson? he's one of the original members back when it was called Bolson Construction in BOTW.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Judge Tesla posted:

Who Carson? he's one of the original members back when it was called Bolson Construction in BOTW.

Addison, the dude putting up signs all around Hyrule.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
I never helped him put up a sign. Not even once

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

FunkyAl posted:

I never helped him put up a sign. Not even once

https://i.imgur.com/FgR2uwT.mp4

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, his constructions seem remarkably shoddy. Say what you will about Hudson's design aesthetics but his work's solid.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Docjowles posted:

It was a goddam Lynel coliseum :gonk: I got through three of the bastards before deciding I didn’t have enough resources on hand to finish. Whoever came up with that one should face terrorism charges, it’s way harder than the actual endgame.

The game is completely OK with you using Ancient Blades on those guys which... is a good thing

also you can savescum individual mans, it won't start you again from the beginning, which is also nice

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

The game is completely OK with you using Ancient Blades on those guys which... is a good thing

also you can savescum individual mans, it won't start you again from the beginning, which is also nice

I saw some southern lady on the 'tubes talkin' 'bout it and she did it all with puff shrooms and rode them fellas like the dickens.

It's just dumb fun really.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

space uncle posted:

Obviously Tingle is the worst Hyrule pervert, but who are our other favorites over the years?

Tingle
Koltin
Kilton
Princess Ruto
Beedle
Happy Mask Salesman
Music Box Guy
Map Fish
Malanya (I hate this loving thing)
Addison

I think the Well Lady is getting off on these deep damp holes and is involving Link in a weird way, but seems otherwise nice about it.

I’m sure there’s a bunch of weirdos in the various GameBoy Zelda’s I’m forgetting, but it’s been too long since I played those.

couple pages back but obviously include that hylian guy who's "best friends" with an ungrown zora in botw and totk

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Docjowles posted:

Decided to play some more and loaded up my save from before the ending. I had an ancient map marker in the depths so I figured I’d go check that out.

Slightly cheesy Lynel strat:

-Create an especially strong weapon.

-Use a puffshroom to break line of sight.

-Shoot ‘em in the face.

-Jump on their back and smack ‘em with your OP weapon. Rodeo doesn’t use any durability, so my preferred choice is a Royal Guard Claymore + Silver Lynel Horn brought down to 1 durability. That stacks the “almost broken” and “last hit” bonuses for massive damage. Just be careful not to do a ground slam when you get thrown off.

-If that doesn’t kill them in one go, bullet time some arrows into the back of their head when they buck you off. I think the silvers were the only ones I had to do twice.

Or in other words

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

she did it all with puff shrooms and rode them fellas like the dickens.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

couple pages back but obviously include that hylian guy who's "best friends" with an ungrown zora in botw and totk

No see, she's actually 40, she just looks like a kid, I swear officer!

... :barf:

fake edit: Mipha is the inverse of this, as by Zora standards Link is like a goddamn toddler

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Was doing the labyrinths tonight and found that shrine that looks like its one of the "no challenge here" ones but then after you open the chest in the middle the platform suddenly flips up and you have to find a way across the gap - after doing god knows how many of those shrines in this and BotW it was an amazing :wtf: moment that left me starting at the screen with a giant grin on my face thinking "wait... WHAT?"

I'm really liking this game :allears:

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

I was so disappointed to come across them again in TOTK. You find the Hylian guy and he has been separated from the Zora girl. I remembered that an "explanation" for the previous game was that she was an adult but hadn't had her growth spurt yet, which is 3000 year old dragon territory, but okay.

You reunite the two and expect her to be grown up. Nope! Same child model. She isn't even slightly taller like they did with the Rito, Gerudo and Hateno children models.

I felt skeevy the entire time. I also low key disliked the side quest because Hylian boy was so whiny.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I’ve been to every major sky island, but I’m short 2 Sage’s Will. Sure, there’s far fewer of them than other collectibles, so following a guide should be less arduous, but it’s still annoying. When skimming one, nothing jumps out to me as one that I missed.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Dr Christmas posted:

I’ve been to every major sky island, but I’m short 2 Sage’s Will. Sure, there’s far fewer of them than other collectibles, so following a guide should be less arduous, but it’s still annoying. When skimming one, nothing jumps out to me as one that I missed.

You can cross-reference Hero’s Path and an online map to see if you’ve been to the right spots. Granted, my last one was under an area the line showed I had been. Luckily the description was unfamiliar so I still recognized it as the missing one.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Dr Christmas posted:

There's some on teeny tiny random sky islands too.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I was watching someone play through awhile ago and I think they were under the impression that Addison was a sort of cheerleader, because every time you run past him he yells that you have his full support. If you never talk to him, he's just a busy guy who recognizes and appreciates you

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Dragonstoned posted:

Was doing the labyrinths tonight and found that shrine that looks like its one of the "no challenge here" ones but then after you open the chest in the middle the platform suddenly flips up and you have to find a way across the gap - after doing god knows how many of those shrines in this and BotW it was an amazing :wtf: moment that left me starting at the screen with a giant grin on my face thinking "wait... WHAT?"

I'm really liking this game :allears:

There are so many of those moments and so many of them seem crafted for me people who've been playing this sort of thing a while that either the getting into it or the getting out of it seems unlikely somehow without the invisible hand of the games creators going back to '86

e: I know that's wrong but it feels so right

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

CainFortea posted:

Ever get the feeling that Hudson realized that guy was just clueless when it comes to even the most basic construction, so he sent him on wild goose chase to keep him occupied and away from any actual important stuff

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Donkringel posted:

I was so disappointed to come across them again in TOTK. You find the Hylian guy and he has been separated from the Zora girl. I remembered that an "explanation" for the previous game was that she was an adult but hadn't had her growth spurt yet, which is 3000 year old dragon territory, but okay.

You reunite the two and expect her to be grown up. Nope! Same child model. She isn't even slightly taller like they did with the Rito, Gerudo and Hateno children models.

I felt skeevy the entire time. I also low key disliked the side quest because Hylian boy was so whiny.

iirc this plotline was perfectly innocent in the Japanese version of BoTW with not even a hint of possible romance but the localization team made it weird for some reason.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Augus posted:

iirc this plotline was perfectly innocent in the Japanese version of BoTW with not even a hint of possible romance but the localization team made it weird for some reason.

I wish the localization team stopped making it weird, but oh well.

In other news, check out this video on interesting zonai uses.

Using stakes to make korok airplanes, floating platforms to refill stamina or ascend higher, mirrors to blind creatures and fire hydrants to break armor.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Item Getter posted:

I'm fairly convinced they literally just gave Addison that job as busy work to keep him away from their important projects.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dr Christmas posted:

I tried to wrap mine up before I finished the game and ended up 5 short even after following a guide, and decided it wasn't worth my effort to go back through. With that said, I suspect in my case at least and possibly yours is that a couple of the Wills are (I think) in chests fused to Flux Constructs and they can be accidentally knocked off the platform during the fight, and you have to wait for them to respawn after a Blood Moon for another shot.

That's just a theory, I decided not to wait for a Blood Moon to find out, but there were definitely at least a couple of places that Wills were SUPPOSED to be that just had a Construct and a chest on them and the chest got knocked off during the fight.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
One thing I found helpful was to set my Sensor + to 'Treasure Chest' whenever I was wandering around the sky. I didn't need its help to find anything else up there and it led me to a lot of maps and wills that I wouldn't have found otherwise.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Picayune posted:

One thing I found helpful was to set my Sensor + to 'Treasure Chest' whenever I was wandering around the sky. I didn't need its help to find anything else up there and it led me to a lot of maps and wills that I wouldn't have found otherwise.

drat, that's solid advice that I'm going to try from now on.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

agreed

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Jerusalem posted:

That's just a theory, I decided not to wait for a Blood Moon to find out, but there were definitely at least a couple of places that Wills were SUPPOSED to be that just had a Construct and a chest on them and the chest got knocked off during the fight.

Had this happen once when huinting down Sage's Wills when I bullet-time multi-shot-bomb-arrow murdered a Construct with a Sage's WIll Chest while dropping down on its arena, and couldn't find the chest I'd seen on its shoulder afterwards, even with Chest Sensor+ going.

I walked off the arena, looking for anything else to pick up, then turned back and the Chest Sensor+ went off; the Sage's Will chest was back on the Arena.

It seems that if the chest (or anything stuck to a Construct) gets knocked off during the fight, once the Construct is dead, all you need to do is turn around and walk away for a few dozen meters. When you turn back, the object will be back on the dias.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

maltesh posted:

It seems that if the chest (or anything stuck to a Construct) gets knocked off during the fight, once the Construct is dead, all you need to do is turn around and walk away for a few dozen meters. When you turn back, the object will be back on the dias.

Dammit, oh well!

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh

Docjowles posted:

Like a million pages ago someone summarized that plot line as "the CIA impersonating Zelda" and I can't stop thinking about this angle lol.

Im Hyrule Warriors, Cia wishes she could impersonate Zelda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I finally came across the 3 ball shrine everyone loving hates (at least I assume there isn’t more than one). Maybe this is a sign of mental illness but I didn’t find it that bad? Probably took me 8-10 attempts. I’ve gotten stuck for way longer on others, like one where I had to launch a ball super far using a seesaw.

Also tonight we found the purple bunny mask in the depths and my son cannot stop laughing. It’s the only thing he will wear now. And hell, I don’t blame him.