Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Alex Jones is a legitimately haunted man. Everything has meaning, there are no coincidences, and the Powers That Be speak directly to him through signs and portents.

He has to experience the world like the Bronze Age polytheists did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

tsob posted:

Dan mentioned Charlie Sheen having a bit of a rant on Alex's show at one point in an episode I listened to, and searching for the episode covering that prompted me to listen to a few older episodes, including Alex's interview with David Duke and Dan's breakdown of the similarities between Alex's stated beliefs and The Protocols of the Elders of Zion and I'm a bit confused now; is Alex consciously using the idea of the Globalists as a smokescreen, or does he genuinely believe in them as well as just being anti-Semitic in general?

I think it might be a boomer/older genx thing where they want to have their openly racist friends along with any social benefits that entails, but don't want to have to admit they have racist friends or that they might actually be racist themselves. Either sticking their head in the sand or keeping quiet about their lovely views in polite company, both of which facilitated the right-wing dam bursting that lead to Trump getting elected.

But yeah at this point Jones is totally one of the super racist ones even if he was one of the head-in-the-sand types years ago, which I find increasingly unlikely the more I listen to past episodes.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 18, 2023

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Xiahou Dun posted:

You got an episode number for the latter to hand? I wouldn’t turn down relistening to that.

He interviews David Duke in episode 59, and talks about The Protocols of the Elders of Zion in episode 67. Does the podcast ever cover Alex's appearance on The View? I couldn't find anything searching for it, but after listening to the Charlie Sheen episode it sounds like there probably wasn't enough interesting there to be worth covering and like Alex mostly just tried to shout over the hosts about his own poo poo instead of talking about Charlie Sheen, the thing they'd got him on to do. Still, I'm curious now after listening to the Charlie Sheen thing.

tsob fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 18, 2023

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Grand Fromage posted:

Alex was raised in a stew of blatant and crypto antisemitic poo poo from his Bircher dad, which forms how he views the world since he has never examined it and never will,, and is now insane + abusing various drugs + will say or do whatever gets him money. It's a mistake to focus on trying to figure out what his beliefs are because he has none that matter, he simply exists in the form that is best for the grift right now.

The deposition with his dad was a good eye opener for that. Dude believes all the same awful horseshit as Alex, but isn't crazy and thus comes across very differently.

Have the kf guys ever done a deep dive on alex’s dad? Or do they feel that would be too much for their particular mission and might get weird?

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013

rotinaj posted:

Have the kf guys ever done a deep dive on alex’s dad? Or do they feel that would be too much for their particular mission and might get weird?

Father Jones is a deeply private man who has never appeared on camera even once, despite Alex constantly roping his own younger son into questionable InfoWars segments a number of times. Everything we know about Jones Senior comes to us secondhand from a narcissistic fabulist. The CT deposition was the first time Dan and Jordan ever saw his face or heard his voice.

Given these conditions, there is only so much deep to dive before you run aground. There is a small chance he might have been on one of the pre-first-divorce episodes as a guest, but who knows if even that would be noteworthy. If the rumors of his involvement in the JBS are true, it might be possible that JBS documents exist indicating traces of the "real" David Jones as he once was.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

rotinaj posted:

He's neither a serial liar, nor a showman, nor a public figure, and his son is all three. David Jones is almost assuredly too boring to cover in depth.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Froghammer posted:

He's neither a serial liar, nor a showman, nor a public figure, and his son is all three. David Jones is almost assuredly too boring to cover in depth.

Everything you need to know about his dad you find in his deposition episode. He's a regressive poo poo head but is definitely cleverer then Alex.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Froghammer posted:

David Jones is almost assuredly too boring to cover in depth.

Bullshit.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

There's already an episode about how he's president of Mars; I'm listening to it right now. What more exploration do you need?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Froghammer posted:

I would disagree on the first point, and by the simple fact of who his son is and how enmeshed in alex’s businesses he is, i would argue that he made himself a public figure. But i get the point, sounds like he has been trying to keep out of the spotlight and doesnt want the attention like alex does. Shame, because i am of the opinion that understanding the parents of someone like alex jones helps you understand the person in question. Just knowing that he is, was, and will forevermore be a john birch soc member is a real important thing to know about alex’s dad.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Because it came up in today's episode, I just want to remind everyone that human overpopulation theories are pretty much all racist dogwhistles. People are not deer, we are smart enough to have fewer kids when it looks like it isn't sustainable. The whole theory exists because people want an explanation for all the human misery in the world besides "capitalism and colonialism sucked and are sucking these areas dry" and they'd rather blame the victims.

The point is, it's important to explain how Alex made the quote more ghoulish to rile people up, but the original sentiment is still pretty ghoulish so don't feel like you need to knee-jerk defend it in the future or anything.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

It’s fun to listen to Alex’s bullshit being put to a microscope by proxy, and alex flail around trying to move the goalposts.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

red19fire posted:

It’s fun to listen to Alex’s bullshit being put to a microscope by proxy, and alex flail around trying to move the goalposts.

Agreed. This specific thing is just both really lovely and really mainstream, so I'm being paranoid about people missing the forest for the trees.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

RFK Jr is squirming under the same basic line of questioning from Alex’s sandy hook trial, being forced under oath to cite the sources for his claims. And wouldn’t you know it, his claims are also based on half-read Facebook :tinfoil: bullshit.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Because it came up in today's episode, I just want to remind everyone that human overpopulation theories are pretty much all racist dogwhistles. People are not deer, we are smart enough to have fewer kids when it looks like it isn't sustainable. The whole theory exists because people want an explanation for all the human misery in the world besides "capitalism and colonialism sucked and are sucking these areas dry" and they'd rather blame the victims.

The point is, it's important to explain how Alex made the quote more ghoulish to rile people up, but the original sentiment is still pretty ghoulish so don't feel like you need to knee-jerk defend it in the future or anything.

I totally agree. To be fair (and there's no real reason to be fair) the prevailing thought until late last century was the malthousian premise that our agricultural output would not keep pace with the population growth. It wasn't about space or other resource needs, just that we wouldn't be able to make enough food for everyone.

That's clearly not the case and some estimates say that modern farming output can cover over 10 billion+ people, but industrialization has caused some issues with monocultures and long term fertilization problems, but it all seems fully manageable and we have other problems than "overpopulation".

It's not an unimaginable scientific fear, especially for people who have only heard the centuries old fear mongering and haven't tried to catch up with modern discussions. The climate impacts of population growth are serious, but it's all just dog whistles targeting countries with higher birth rates for xenophobic reasons. Especially when it comes out of Alex's dumb rear end mouth.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2019/10/1048452

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

ILL Machina posted:

That's clearly not the case and some estimates say that modern farming output can cover over 10 billion+ people, but industrialization has caused some issues with monocultures and long term fertilization problems, but it all seems fully manageable and we have other problems than "overpopulation".
I mean, one of the long term fertilization problems is that we're only keeping everything fertilized by massive use of fossil fuels.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

FFT posted:

I mean, one of the long term fertilization problems is that we're only keeping everything fertilized by massive use of fossil fuels.

Definitely, and the article touches on that, I think. The fertilizers being used threaten long term sustainability for the land, on top of the detrimental sourcing.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Holy poo poo do I hate Tucker Carlson. What a vile piece of garbage

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Goddamit. :mad:

I forgot about the London Live show until just now, and it's completely sold out.

And the venue is literally a 20 minute walk from where I live. :argh:

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
kidnap someone when they walk by and take their ticket.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I've only recently started identifying as non-binary and Tucker's transphobia is so vile that I have to listen to the episodes covering him in stages. That poo poo hits way harder now that I'm one of the people he's calling a mentally ill pedophile, and I can only take so much of it at a time.

It's important and I'm glad Dan and Jordan are covering it, but man is it rough.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Froghammer posted:

I've only recently started identifying as non-binary and Tucker's transphobia is so vile that I have to listen to the episodes covering him in stages. That poo poo hits way harder now that I'm one of the people he's calling a mentally ill pedophile, and I can only take so much of it at a time.

It's important and I'm glad Dan and Jordan are covering it, but man is it rough.

It's ok. You don't have to listen to it if you can't handle it. I completely skipped the episode of Alex talking about the trans guy that shot up a school.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

I always wonder how much impotence plays into it with Tucker. Not necessarily sexual but there's a picture of him out there in a shed with a bunch of pristine tools and equipment, like the one with Don Jr. And it's like... We can tell they're not used, he doesn't come off as someone who works with his hands, enjoys being outside, or around people, he's got a voice like a fruit fly, and doesn't embody the typical manly man persona, not to mention his personal style is incredibly bland. All that wouldn't matter if it wasn't something he tries to put out there.

So like, he does what people do when there's such a dissonance, he stacks people in a position where they can't fight back and targets those who are already fighting an uphill battle in order to feel superior. The way he talked this last episode almost came off as "I want to be someone else, but I can't. Why do these people get to be the people they were initially meant to be, but I can't?"

Ogma
Jun 6, 2003

Let the festivities commence!

BigRed0427 posted:

It's ok. You don't have to listen to it if you can't handle it. I completely skipped the episode of Alex talking about the trans guy that shot up a school.

Yeah, I think going forward I'm going to DL the Tucker episodes so it counts as a play, then delete them.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Here's some 'fun' news about ex-Alex Jones co-worker Paul Watson:

https://vote-watch.com/police-investigating-youtuber-paul-joseph-watson-following-rape-allegations-made-by-multiple-women/?amp=1

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Ogma posted:

Yeah, I think going forward I'm going to DL the Tucker episodes so it counts as a play, then delete them.

I will say that this Tucker episode wasn't unlistenable to me. It's all the bog standard transphobia bullying you have seen on Twitter before that people don't have the guts to say to trans people to their face.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

The least surprising youtuber rape allegations I've ever seen, which is saying something. Theres a great QAA Episode where they talk about him and play a secret recording of him, where he just drops essentially every ethnic slur in about a 2 and a half minute period. It's somehow strangely refreshing to hear him go just full on mask off.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

BigRed0427 posted:

I will say that this Tucker episode wasn't unlistenable to me. It's all the bog standard transphobia bullying you have seen on Twitter before that people don't have the guts to say to trans people to their face.

I realized about 45 minutes in that I hadn't heard a single thing Tucker said. He's such an impossibly boring speaker

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Mauser posted:

I realized about 45 minutes in that I hadn't heard a single thing Tucker said. He's such an impossibly boring speaker

The way he speaks is so insufferable. I can't fathom people watching his show. Even if you agree with it, surely you'd go somewhere else. gently caress, Alex is way more fun to listen to and is just the same poo poo.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
In fairness, however undeserved in this instance, sometimes people don't watch something for entertainment value. Not everyone has the chops for it, like Alex, Dan, or Jordan. ... and even if they did, keeping up the entertainer persona is not free and effortless; Dan and Jordan limit themselves to an hour or two at a time, and Alex has to resort to stimulant abuse to keep going. There are plenty of academics and writers whose work I am interested in, despite the fact that they're terrible public speakers.

Carlson's problem is that he is sending out mixed signals. Now that he is on his own and can no longer rely on FOX News to bolster him up as a propaganda outlet, he is not certain what he wants his show to be. His diatribe against Ms. Levene is by its very nature dumb and sophomoric, but Carlson clearly has a high opinion of himself and views such sophomoricism as beneath him, which is why his attempts at intellectualizing it come across as more confusing than offensive. It's trying to accomplish two very different things at the same time -- getting a power high from bullying someone, versus actually being an intellectual and philosophical thought leader in politics -- that he is just failing to actually achieve either one. Even Alex would know to only stick to what works for the situation at hand, which is why he appears very differently on other people's shows compared to his own. That's not a lesson which Carlson has ever needed to learn.

If he actually had a sense of what he wanted his Twitter show to be, as opposed to just a white-nationalist vanity project, he wouldn't be running into this problem.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Sure, I also get information from things that aren't entertaining, but I don't sit around watching a show that's condescending as gently caress even if it's informative. I guess they don't get the same kind of reaction to it as I have.

Anyway I've been enjoying everyone today talking up the Real Former Intelligence Officer talking about UFOs omg!!! Knowledge Fight has made me immune to thinking that having worked in intelligence gives you credibility.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Deptfordx posted:

Goddamit. :mad:

I forgot about the London Live show until just now, and it's completely sold out.

And the venue is literally a 20 minute walk from where I live. :argh:

You're in luck going off today's episode if you haven't listened to it yet, so be ready Monday morning I guess.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Alex is just doing Project Camelot with an alt-rock soundtrack now.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Alex is just doing Project Camelot with an alt-rock soundtrack now.
I'm relistening to episodes around the trial and Alex telling Vivian Kubrick that aliens are real is an all-time banger

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
I wish they'd tone down the start of the shows. They've been getting longer and longer to the point where it takes them 15-20 minutes to actually start the show. Makes me wonder why they bother with the episodes that are an hour or less when a third of the episode is just preamble/listening to the names of patrons being read out.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Mr Scumbag posted:

I wish they'd tone down the start of the shows. They've been getting longer and longer to the point where it takes them 15-20 minutes to actually start the show. Makes me wonder why they bother with the episodes that are an hour or less when a third of the episode is just preamble/listening to the names of patrons being read out.

I often like their starter banter, but I wish they put chapters in the podcast so I could skip it when I'm not feeling it, and always skip the patron stuff.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I think lately it’s just been inflated by UK tour-chat.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Mr Scumbag posted:

The issue is with present day Alex there isn't much to say anymore, he's basically playing the hits that they've already gone through and debunked or its boring transphobia.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

One of Trumps charges technically, but not really, carries the Death Penalty.

5000 Quatloos say's Alex is going make hay of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogma
Jun 6, 2003

Let the festivities commence!
No Friday ep?