Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Hey I didn't say the film was any good, just that it was going to solve all sickness for humanity for ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Three Olives posted:

They can, years ago they were filming a TV show outside of my home and used a crane, I forget what they called it but it was a light specifically designed to simulate daylight at night outdoors over a large area with the right camera adjustments right outside my window. I called the police and they made them shut it off. I assume they were very pissed off, well, I know they were, they got into a huge fight with the city claiming they had filming permits which gave them the right to film and it was costing the production a ton of money and they city was just like, you can film, you can't put that light up right in front of a residential building.

In Texas it is called a private nuisance, basically anything that a "reasonable" person would cause discomfort or annoyance during the use of their private property. Basically, you can't put a light in front of a bunch of private homes windows designed to simulate sunlight at night because they will be annoyed and, like, it's a light designed to simulate daylight at night, this is a reasonable thing to not want a light designed to simulate daylight at night outside your window at midnight.

Texas has a good law for something?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Autisanal Cheese posted:

Texas has a good law for something?

Texas cops will bend over backwards and straight up kill people to please landed voters homeowners under the right circumstances.

Cops and lawmakers know where their power base lies.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

armpit_enjoyer posted:

I mean, the main villain of Mega Man 6 is literally named "Mr. X" and he lives in a castle that looks like this:

That's exactly what I was thinking of, except of course that "Dr. X" was a lot more competent at being a villain.

IIRC, Mr. X was literally just Dr. Wily in a wig.

kazil posted:

San Francisco, great city. Except it sucks rear end and everyone hates us. But gently caress it, we'll never leave.

So they're not gonna move to Austin, then?

Good, let's fuckin' keep it that way. It's already bad enough Musk himself lives here. We don't need even more of his techbro company simps coming here to join him.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Why didn't Teresa just learn to code instead of becoming a drug kingpin?

EDIT: Queenpin? That doesn't sound right.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Masterpiece

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Has anyone suggested that the opposing buildings tenants build a giant a parabolic mirror aimed back at the X building to burn it to the ground?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Is there a reason it has to be a ridiculously bright strobe light?

Also can the city go in and condemn his stupid poo poo building?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

TulliusCicero posted:

Is there a reason it has to be a ridiculously bright strobe light?

Yes, because Musk is just loving with people now for fun. Starting to think he is a legit psychopath.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Three Olives posted:

Starting to think he is a legit psychopath.

:thunk:

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Three Olives posted:

Yes, because Musk is just loving with people now for fun. Starting to think he is a legit psychopath.

He literally believes that the works he lives in is a simulation, so I bet he just doesn’t care what anyone thinks because they aren’t real to him

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Hillary Clinton- 2016: "How can one man lose a billion dollars in a single year!?"
Elon Musk- 2023:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
CaptainSarcastic edit: Spoilering flashing GIF in case it could be an epilepsy trigger.

https://i.imgur.com/vTFaHZo.mp4

Somebody fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jul 30, 2023

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Three Olives posted:

They've got a whole building full of lord of the flies psychopaths. They could easily have just said "put a sign up today" and a bunch of eager Yes Men came up with all this poo poo

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

They turned it off for tonight.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
God is that some 11 year old's first bitchin Minecraft construction rear end sign

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Songbearer posted:

God is that some 11 year old's first bitchin Minecraft construction rear end sign

Who needs things done well when you can get them done fast?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Strong Sauce posted:

This your pic? Doing real work. Probably for the best it's off.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Yes. I’m mostly pissed at myself for trekking here with no gloves. Actually pretty cold out tonight.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Bet you wish you had the warming glow of that giant gently caress-off X now, huh?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Strong Sauce posted:

I am almost certain that is a weather station on the top right and I really want to know why...

I'm not making GBS threads on weather stations, I have one, it's awesome, I just want to know how it ended up there. Did Elon request it? Was it for one of the simps that built it just because? Is it to capture the windspeed the causes it to fall over?

I need to know.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Three Olives posted:

I am almost certain that is a weather station on the top right and I really want to know why...

I'm not making GBS threads on weather stations, I have one, it's awesome, I just want to know how it ended up there. Did Elon request it? Was it for one of the simps that built it just because? Is it to capture the windspeed the causes it to fall over?

I need to know.

Lots of places have weather stations on their roofs. Even here in my poo poo city of Edmonton there are weather stations on the roofs of all kinds of buildings, from what I can count there are 50 or 60 in the city. I can't posit a reason for why people do this but it seems pretty common.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Tarkus posted:

Lots of places have weather stations on their roofs. Even here in my poo poo city of Edmonton there are weather stations on the roofs of all kinds of buildings, from what I can count there are 50 or 60 in the city. I can't posit a reason for why people do this but it seems pretty common.

They do! Like I said, I have one on my roof.

But I'm curious as to why Elon's illegal, not landlord approved, slapped together X sign has one.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
hey uh can you maybe not post huge unspoilered strobing gifs without warning?? that will cause seizures

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Three Olives posted:

But I'm curious as to why Elon's illegal, not landlord approved, slapped together X sign has one.

You might be overthinking this. Perhaps they simply reused a chunk of framing that happened to have old equipment attached to it, possibly because that's all they had at hand on such short notice.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
No weather station shown on wunderground there yet

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

lol gdi

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Why would you insult such a good album like that?!?

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Weird error I had just now. I went to twitter on my laptop to see what Jon Bois is up to lately and all the tweets it was showing me were in totally random order. Posts at the top were from 2020, 2018, 2014, 2016 etc. I then tried it on my phone and even though I don't have / use the twitter app, it was normal. Same web browser. How do you break only half of it?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Weird error I had just now. I went to twitter on my laptop to see what Jon Bois is up to lately and all the tweets it was showing me were in totally random order. Posts at the top were from 2020, 2018, 2014, 2016 etc. I then tried it on my phone and even though I don't have / use the twitter app, it was normal. Same web browser. How do you break only half of it?

I think the solution to this is to delete your account

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I don't actually have one, I just check on two or three accounts every few months

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

Biographer: that blank stare means he is looking five million moves into the future

Reality:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Three Olives posted:

I just know what i was told and that the light was bright as gently caress right outside my window, enough that it completely illuminated my home with all the lights off.

edit: found some old photos...

All I could think of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbkNul4wQH0

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Three Olives posted:

I'm wondering if it's some galaxy brained idea that he'll avoid regulations by having a weather station mounted to it? Like "That giant ramshackle strobing X sign is simply a mounting point for my weather station. So you see officer, you can't fine me. Haw, haw, haw!"

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

All of you are terribly loving stupid for not understanding this. In any normal circumstance when relaunching an existing product under a new brand, you would have to spend hundreds of thousands to create marketing and buzz and a big launch party with celebrities to create good buzz for the brand. By doing a gradual, unorganized software launch with multiple unforced errors and erecting a sign where only mere tens of thousands of dollars need to be spent to pay up for law violations and unpaid media coverage at the expense of alienating almost every other person in the vicinity and causing untold damage to your own brand, this genius move would ensure the success of Elon Musk's "X" brand and will soon be a textbook example of violent marketing. Just you wait!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

The Saddest Rhino posted:

violent marketing

I hate the future.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

The Saddest Rhino posted:

All of you are terribly loving stupid for not understanding this. In any normal circumstance when relaunching an existing product under a new brand, you would have to spend hundreds of thousands to create marketing and buzz and a big launch party with celebrities to create good buzz for the brand. By doing a gradual, unorganized software launch with multiple unforced errors and erecting a sign where only mere tens of thousands of dollars need to be spent to pay up for law violations and unpaid media coverage at the expense of alienating almost every other person in the vicinity and causing untold damage to your own brand, this genius move would ensure the success of Elon Musk's "X" brand and will soon be a textbook example of violent marketing. Just you wait!

I'm not sure if you're joking or not but you're probably correct either way. Elon is a loving moron on a technical level but he's also desperate for attention and that may be his biggest strength. I have a sinking feeling that this latest bender fever-dream is probably going to be seen as 'scrappy and vicious' and will work in ways we can't foresee yet. That's not to say that Elon is playing 12 dimensional chess but he's a lot like Trump and it seems as though monetary power blended with sheer force of will has a ton of cultural and political cachet in our media environment.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Tarkus posted:

will work in ways we can't foresee yet. That's not to say that Elon is playing 12 dimensional chess

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

it's well documented that he prefers polytopia