Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

also most mods only work if you got all the dlcs and crap i think. my version is just the base game and not the compilation one so i couldn't install any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
i bought all the dlcs and everything for like $10

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the ultimate edition with all the content goes on sale for like $5 several times a year

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

just go to nexus for new vegas, sort by most popular, download 1 or 2 of the top ones that are for stability or unbreaking quests. those shouldn’t need dlc iirc.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

anyway yeah there’s an achievement for killing house with a golf club and it seemed like an elegant little “in minecraft” sort of joke to make idk 🤷‍♂️

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
don't you kill andrew ryan with a golf club too? it's been a long time since i've played bioshock

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

don't you kill andrew ryan with a golf club too? it's been a long time since i've played bioshock
yes, and the cheevo in new vegas is even called A Slave Obeys

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

jesus WEP posted:

man i would love to play golf with elon

does elon musk golf?

:(

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

infernal machines posted:

if you have time and patience for things occasionally crashing to desktop, you should pick it up again. it's pretty good game

if people start chiming in with essential mod lists and poo poo like that, you can just ignore them. the base game is fun and will mostly work oob from steam or gog

e: also, the cheevo for doing the thing is a reference to bioshock golf

there's a good modding guide called viva new vegas that is good if you want a mostly vanilla experience with some bugfixes, quality of life improvements and some visual updates. Game is pretty loving good unmodded though.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Lmao at playing Fallout on a PC. Just get a console smhd.

the fully-patched xbox 360 version of Fallout: New Vegas crashes constantly in the middle of loading screens while it is autosaving your game, corrupting your save file in the process. the playstation 3 version is worse.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
i beat the main quest of bew vegas on ps3 ans never had a sace corruption but i did run into a loooot of minor bugs and my save was pretty nloated by the end

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

:shitman:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
butt “the shitman” fart

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

haveblue posted:

butt “the shitman” fart

I don’t think that’s his name

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

haveblue posted:

butt “the shitman” fart
Don't deadname the shitman :mad:

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

it would be cool if someone would like port new vegas to the FO4 engine or something. it's tough going back to a game where things like fences and trees don't cast shadows.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
there was and possibly still is a total conversion mod project doing that. i have no idea if it's still active or how far they got but they demoed a bunch of pretty faithfully recreated maps and assets years ago.

iirc the major difficulty was it was a manual 1:1 recreation, there was no automated way to migrate the maps, geometry, assets, etc. from one engine to the other.

i'm kinda assuming it went the way most of these very ambitious projects do

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome
i love the fallout games even though they are dumb as hell

LieutenantFrost
Aug 9, 2009
i’ve been having an immense amount of fun with tale of two wastelands (https://taleoftwowastelands.com/faq).

it requires fallout 3 goty and new vegas with all dlc, but it fixes a TON of bugs with new vegas, pulls f3 into the new vegas engine, and my crash rate is a small fraction of what it used to be.

if you don’t have the new vegas dlc, you’re missing out on old world blues, which is some of the best game dlc ever produced.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

LieutenantFrost posted:

i’ve been having an immense amount of fun with tale of two wastelands (https://taleoftwowastelands.com/faq).

it requires fallout 3 goty and new vegas with all dlc, but it fixes a TON of bugs with new vegas, pulls f3 into the new vegas engine, and my crash rate is a small fraction of what it used to be.

if you don’t have the new vegas dlc, you’re missing out on old world blues, which is some of the best game dlc ever produced.

seconded, this really is the right way to play both fo3 and fonv

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

rotor posted:

People say the same thing about me

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Farty Crabcakes posted:

Well then I love you too

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I still love the original fallout 1 and 2 games the most :qq:

New Vegas is good tho

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

PokeJoe posted:

New Vegas is good tho

YOUR BONES

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

PokeJoe posted:

New Vegas is good tho

my favorite fallout play through will always be my melee/stupid game in fallout 2. the low int reactivity is amazing and frequently hilarious

iirc the BoS guy in san fran (matt maybe?) is so annoyed by how dumb you are that he just does a whole chunk of the final quest for you

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

rotor posted:

extremely big same

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

LieutenantFrost posted:

thanks i will check this out

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

last time i played i tried the cannibal of the wastes play through where you eat everyone you meet and boy, was my jaw sore

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

Hey ADM, nice shot

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rotor posted:

yes, like “the 60s” really means 66-74 and “the 70s” spans through until 1982 or so

and also not like rural congo etc

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

This will hurt somebody

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I mean that kinda nasty but at the same time lmao

I remember getting takeout pizza from the place near my girlfriends and on the short walk home I would poke open one of the vents and suck out Hot Pizza Air as an appetizer :o:

https://i.imgur.com/qFmFXM3.mp4

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

/arfjasonishly Idiocracy? Documentary.

https://imgur.com/bFMgRWF.mp4

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Farty Crabcakes posted:

you love the fallout games?

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

lmao when’s the last time we had a new moose moose milkie gif?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lmaoing at "eat poo poo"