Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Sankara posted:

The pitch part was fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

DebonaireD posted:

Total Recall (2012)

I happened to have a strange urge to watch that yesterday. It’s better than it has any right that be IMO. Just wish the camera would stop moving around all the time.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Shinjobi posted:

Let's talk anime.

Slam Dunk is in theaters, porco rosso returning soon, that's neat

Alright I'm done

Don't forget about the Gundam Seed movie. It's finally happening!

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

colonelwest posted:

Yeah it’s fine, it’s all fine… If the boys think they can scab/nepo their way into a C-tier Adult Swim show in the twilight of Network TV, than more power to them. Mike and Jay always had artistic ambitions beyond being YouTube critics. Their content has been a little stale recently and I think Mike’s “dementia” is just his general ennui at this point.

real true RLM fans know the horror of Care Boars

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Why can’t they just feel grateful that they fell rear end-backward into a lucrative niche watching old garbage on vhs? The Found Footage Fest guys have been doing that since 1999.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
The actual telling of the movie premise wasn't bad, but the intro to it sucked.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the tendency is for the rate of profit to fall

Barudak
May 7, 2007

kalel posted:

huh, why not?

Distributor decided not to. Not even a cool reason like the government being upset.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

I AM GRANDO posted:

The Found Footage Fest guys have been doing that since 1999.

the inaugural Melindacon is a metro north + couple subway rides away so I’m planning on going

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

RLM was pretty smart when they branched out quite fast after the Plinkett fame and these days the Plinkett reviews are just a distant memory.

Not sure if this animation thing has wings, like others have said the actual pitch was funny, but it was just their regular conversation illustrated, but it's smart to try new things to remain relevant as their middle-aged alcoholic fans start dying out.

Mike could start doing TikTok dances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ylWpKEiqtA

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Rich Evans on Twitch saying "Icecream Yum! Ohh spicy!" every time you give him two dollars

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Echo Video posted:

the only thing that can save the RLM boys now is the return of Jack

Drunk Jack

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Jack's packing, I just wanted everyone to remember that

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
It's been years since I've thought about Jack's massive hog. I hope it's somewhere out there right now- living its best life.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

happyhippy posted:

Drunk Jack

The horrors of sober Jack... I mean I’m glad he recognized that he had a drinking problem and all, but he was way funnier when he was drunk.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

colonelwest posted:

The horrors of sober Jack... I mean I’m glad he recognized that he had a drinking problem and all, but he was way funnier when he was drunk.

Jack was still probably drinking less than most Wisconsinites.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Hanging out with Jack and Rich on Twitch and smoking a bunch of weed was very good times.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Shinjobi posted:

Let's talk anime.

Slam Dunk is in theaters, porco rosso returning soon, that's neat

Alright I'm done

Wait why is the flying pig coming back?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
He heard you talking poo poo about him

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
It was bold to take all the alcohol that Jack was abstaining from and offer it onto Tim's benefits plan.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

reignofevil posted:

Rich Evans on Twitch saying "Icecream Yum! Ohh spicy!" every time you give him two dollars

“Mr.Bibbs you are…horribly incorrect” for a subscription renewal.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
calling out mr bibbs for being so incredibly stupid was a real worlds collide moment for me

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

lobsterminator posted:

Not sure if this animation thing has wings, like others have said the actual pitch was funny, but it was just their regular conversation illustrated.

This is like a quarter of youtube already.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

henkman posted:

calling out mr bibbs for being so incredibly stupid was a real worlds collide moment for me

It was so funny

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Who is Mr Bibbs?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

RIP That Dick. Good poster reserves are running pretty low, may have to start conscripting people from other threads

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Randarkman posted:

Who is Mr Bibbs?

Impossible to say for sure, I've done the research and he isn't listed anywhere in the whole drat bibliography.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

colonelwest posted:

A modern day Stephen King

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Mike's the worst voice actor in the world. Rich Evans and Jay just sound like how they normally talk, but it's like if you tell Mike it's time to act, he puts on a very "hey, I'm acting!' affectation.

The only time Mike voice acting works is when he's doing his Plinkett voice or Emperor Palpatine. He can't just sound normal.

Mike is too contrary to direct himself. It feels like Mike as actor is trying to gently caress with Mike as director because he knows he won’t fire himself.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Bar Crow posted:

Mike is too contrary to direct himself. It feels like Mike as actor is trying to gently caress with Mike as director because he knows he won’t fire himself.

lol

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Haunted Mansion bombed even harder than predicted, only making $24.2 million this weekend.

I think this is another case of Disney's being too far up its own rear end. The Haunted Mansion is one of the biggest draws at Disneyland/Disneyworld, and the park super-fans absolutely love all the lore and environmental storytelling that happens during that ride. So of course they assume that any movie based on this deeply-beloved IP is going to be a huge smash and will need to come out in the Summer. They don't realize that the number of Disney park super-fans out there are a drop in the bucket when it comes to movie box office, and that your spooky-but-still-safe-for-kids haunted house movie would be much better suited for an October release.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Bar Crow posted:

A mike divided cannot stand

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Randarkman posted:

Who is Mr Bibbs?

Mr. Bibs was an SA poster who thought that the value of any particular piece of media was determined by how popular it was, and if you disliked something popular or successful then you were just wrong. He also choked on a hot dog once and got banned from the wow lore thread for being insufferable.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Mr. Bibbs got the Cinema Discusso RLM shut down lol. So long ago at this point I don't even remember what he did to do that.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
All I know is that he is horribly incorrect

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

TTBF posted:

Mr. Bibbs got the Cinema Discusso RLM shut down lol. So long ago at this point I don't even remember what he did to do that.

Not much probably. CD haaaaates RLM. TVIV too

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i like all the current rlm personalities :). the only person i have a minor issue with is josh because sometimes he breathes/exhales to close to the mic.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

sweet geek swag posted:

He also choked on a hot dog once and got banned from the wow lore thread for being insufferable.
That is an incredible accomplishment

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

meh

ive choked on plenty of hot dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
He has some medical issue that specifically won't let him eat hotdogs but he kept trying to eat hotdogs, and then brought up unprompted how hotdogs almost killed him twice.