Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Thanks Ants posted:

Going through YouTube compilations with a overly loud Phil Collins soundtrack set over video ripped from streams with Arabic commentary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1685353672748781569?s=20

Thats a lot of money.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

There are like zero strikers on the market. Finding a large, rapid striker who can kick a ball is borderline impossible.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

H**l*nd is going to score so many goals this season

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

scored a hattrick against the finnland, he's got my vote

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

also lmao at my boss, who was asking me the other day about "that MLS striker" we were signing

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

FullLeatherJacket posted:

also lmao at my boss, who was asking me the other day about "that MLS striker" we were signing

Jozy...

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

United overpaid way too much, if you are willing to pay for players with contracts you can't say there is a market with no striker. No literally every league in the world has a bunch of decent striker. Holjund is nowhere near on the level of Haaland. Haaland played for a better Dortmund side but individually he looked like a world class talent while Holjund isn't on that level yet.

If Toney wasn't injured I would have like United to go for him.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Is this a copy paste

UTd should have signed haaland last year he was pretty cheap

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

hope he's poo poo

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ulio posted:

United overpaid way too much, if you are willing to pay for players with contracts you can't say there is a market with no striker. No literally every league in the world has a bunch of decent striker. Holjund is nowhere near on the level of Haaland. Haaland played for a better Dortmund side but individually he looked like a world class talent while Holjund isn't on that level yet.

If Toney wasn't injured I would have like United to go for him.

What

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

you say there are no strikers on the market and yet francis jeffers is sitting at home eating grated cheese out of the bag

curious

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Mum, can we get a Haaland?

Nope. We've got a Hojlund at home.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Simiain posted:

lol at the idea of Gerrard poring over scouting reports, staying up all night watching video analysis and watching anyone live.

Also lol at the idea of the entire recruitment process being "I saw him play 8 years ago and I presume nothing has changed since".

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
https://twitter.com/daveslfcchats/status/1685472973703057408?s=46&t=Jl91I_6B7i5oyOtlhhpf1w

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

what

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Thanks, @davesLFCchats

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I don’t know, supposedly liverpool are inquiring about mbappe. I just like the goofy Alexis Laugh

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Selling him for a little under 2m euros in 2022, seems like a mistake now.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
New goalie !!!

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1685644081836273665

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

That seems odd. What happened to the Ramsdale-hype?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I assume this would be the backup if turner leaves

Have to assume turner wants starts prior to the WC

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

kri kri posted:

I assume this would be the backup if turner leaves

Have to assume turner wants starts prior to the WC

That didn't stop him going to Arsenal during a World Cup year in the first place.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Why the hell would David Raya be backup

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Raya is Spain’s #1. He isn’t backing up anyone.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Ungratek posted:

But Ramsdale seems great, reliable, a character and an absolute fixture in the team. Why change anything?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Doesn't stop the magic orb from going into the onion bag often enough

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Ramsdale was a calamity in every Arsenal match I saw last season, which admittedly wasn't every one. Turner and Raya would both be upgrades

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Ungratek posted:

That's Unai Simon surely. This more because Spurs dropped their interest quicker than expected and United signed Onana leaving Brentford with a player they have already replaced but want £40m for.

Does anyone know is Hojlund is good because Wikipedia describes him as 'having delivered several convincing performances since January' which doesn't sound like a £70m player.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Raya is really good with his feet, something that Ramsdale is not.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

lomzus posted:

Raya is really good with his feet, something that Ramsdale is not.

You might be thinking of a different Ramsdale.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

wicka posted:

You might be thinking of a different Ramsdale.

No, I think it's the right Ramsdale

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

That's Unai Simon surely. This more because Spurs dropped their interest quicker than expected and United signed Onana leaving Brentford with a player they have already replaced but want £40m for.

Does anyone know is Hojlund is good because Wikipedia describes him as 'having delivered several convincing performances since January' which doesn't sound like a £70m player.

He's good for Italy. Whether that translates is anyone's guess

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Manchester United posted:

Selling him for a little under 2m euros in 2027, seems like a mistake now.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Arsenal are not signing Raya. No way we'd just give up on Ramsdale like that and no way we're benching him which will gently caress up his development. Also no way Raya would join Arsenal to be a number 2. Silly rumour all around really. Matt Turner should get at least a chance in the starting 11 if Arteta is trying to kick Ramsdale up the arse for making stupid mistakes.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jul 30, 2023

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Ramsdale is a good keeper but he makes a bunch of mistakes. He has also literally never saved a pen for Arsenal, I think. Raya would probably be an improvement but I don’t think the deal is really going to happen, unless someone is willing to pay Arsenal’s asking price for Turner.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Just Chamber posted:

Arsenal are not signing Raya. No way we'd just give up on Ramsdale like that and no way we're benching him which will gently caress up his development. Also no way Raya would join Arsenal to be a number 2. Silly rumour all around really. Matt Turner should get at least a chance in the starting 11 if Arteta is trying to kick Ramsdale up the arse for making stupid mistakes.

It’s from Ornstein, so it’s almost certainly something Arsenal has put out there.

I don’t really get it, though. I haven’t been entirely convinced by Ramsdale for quite a while now, but he has been a nailed on starter for two years now and seems to be popular within the team. It seems like there are better places where they can put their money, like a striker who scores goals.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
I love Ramsdale, but with 88 goals scored last season I don't think an out and out goalscorer was our big weakness. However we did concede far too many goals. If we can get a better shot stopper who's equal or better with his feet it's a no brainer. Even if just to give him some real competition for a year or two to try to get some growth.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
It feels like Balogun is very much in the shop window and it annoys me because he looks like he has potential whereas Nketiah just seems like a Danny Welbeck who stays healthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

brocked posted:

It feels like Balogun is very much in the shop window and it annoys me because he looks like he has potential whereas Nketiah just seems like a Danny Welbeck who stays healthy

Arsenal can likely get more for Balogun coming off a hot year in France than Eddie on his longer contract with decent results while Gabriel Jesus was out, but not good enough either at smashing in worldies or at hold-up play to get others involved.

I don’t get the Raya link now - I remember he was a possibility a couple years ago before we bought Ramsdale, but that was at least three goalkeepers ago. He’s just signed a new contract as well, and talked about wanting to be Arsenal’s #1 for the next ten years. Have to wonder if Ramsdale has been firing off heaters in the hotel room on the trip :v: