Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

I had really forgotten Noam had existed until he appeared on NXT facing off against Dragon Lee(from what I remember?) with the Heritage cup. Such a talented wrestler that could be doing more.

ill never forget Alicia Fuuuuuukss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Joe Coffee and Wolfgang

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
much like Gangrel's entrance alone was good enough to make me a Gangrel fan, Wrath's Meltdown was enough to make me god drat love Wrath

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

stab posted:

Lol if you think nxt money is decent

WWE was gonna offer RUSH NXT money and walked away when AEW offered him real money lamo

Rarity posted:

What the gently caress is a Meta-Four?

Should of called it Meta-x in honor of failed Social Media rebrands

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

while making $50k without health insurance is probably an above average florida lifestyle, that's not enough money to get dropped on your head by college athletes who became wrestlers on accident

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

And that's assuming you survive the Performance centre with your knees intact

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

JUNGLE BOY posted:

while making $50k without health insurance is probably an above average florida lifestyle, that's not enough money to get dropped on your head by college athletes who became wrestlers on accident

https://twitter.com/joegagne/status/1685303929058246656?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

nxt wrestlers should have to practice moves on a crash dummy for like six months first this is getting out of control lol

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Orange Carlisle posted:

nxt wrestlers should have to practice moves on a crash dummy for like six months first this is getting out of control lol

This guy has been wrestling since the end of 2021.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Pylons posted:

oh so it's yet another case of the never got betters and staying in nxt forever

Edit: also if you google his name one of the first results is someone on trial for a double murder so that's always good

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jul 30, 2023

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Orange Carlisle posted:

oh so it's yet another case of the never got betters and staying in nxt forever

Edit: also if you google his name one of the first results is someone on trial for a double murder so that's always good

that he's in NXT means we can't immediately rule out that it's the same guy

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Isn't that Gable Steveson's brother who they clearly only signed as a package deal to get Gable?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

that he's in NXT means we can't immediately rule out that it's the same guy

lol true

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Pylons posted:

Remember the "6 months" rule? Good times.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

lol jesus

run away while your legs still work jiro

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/WrestleFeatures/status/1685664682634264582?s=20

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Johnny Jobbing

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I'm watching NXT tonight to see the spectacle of Gable Steveson trying to wrestle.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

I'm watching NXT tonight to see the spectacle of Gable Steveson trying to wrestle.

I hope Corbin retires another Gold Medalist.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
he's lost to omos at least once on tv already anyway. kinda feel bad for him tbh. never heard a peep about aew being interested and obviously he was never gonna be big in wwe but i guess that was his only option

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

Remember the "6 months" rule? Good times.

I was about to mention that lol

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Jiro weighs like 160, if you can't do that move on him you're never gonna do it

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

stab posted:

Lol if you think nxt money is decent

Compared to what he'd have gotten working for ICW & a handful of other UK indies? Probably is unfortunately.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

mooseinfants posted:

he's lost to omos at least once on tv already anyway. kinda feel bad for him tbh. never heard a peep about aew being interested and obviously he was never gonna be big in wwe but i guess that was his only option

I think AEW was intersted, but his re-signing came at at time when HHH was in charge, so he probably thought he'd be better off there.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Davros1 posted:

I think AEW was intersted, but his re-signing came at at time when HHH was in charge, so he probably thought he'd be better off there.

Tony was interested but the offer kept going down when Gargano kept bringing up Marvel movies in the meeting.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Davros1 posted:

He did a farewell promo in December 2021 and then was a free agent for 8 months, 6 of which there wouldn’t have been any reasonable belief that HHH was going to take over. I think Tony just didn’t want him

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Hadn’t his kid only just been born? I don’t think he did any indie dates either, maybe he just wasn’t looking while he could afford to be off with his kid for a while.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It was also at a time when Tony was swimming in fresh WWE cast-offs. I could see AEW picking him up next time his contract comes due

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He and Candice are also a package deal, so

I'll just say I'm extremely hesitant right now that Candice particularly would be booked much better, and that it very much sucks that the one company that ever came close to understanding her talent was loving PWG

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Tony was not interested in Gargano

bartok
May 10, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

why do you want to see a rapist wrestle?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

thank god

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
as long as The Elite stick to AEW idk why the combination of Excalibur and the Young Bucks wouldn't be enough to convince Tony that she would've deserved a shot. Really think that Johnny was just sitting at home with his newborn and when rumors started that Triple H was taking over he made his choice since he wasn't let go by Triple H, it was Vince and now that vince is gone nothing bad could ever happen to him again

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The funniest part about Gargano’s time off was the usual WWE freaks spent the whole time trashing him and calling him a boring small guy in advance of his presumed debut in AEW and then he had a big return on the main roster where they all started pretending like he would become the next Daniel Bryan type underdog. They were right the first time

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

bartok posted:

why do you want to see a rapist wrestle?

Because I'm p sure it's going to be funny.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

JUNGLE BOY posted:

The funniest part about Gargano’s time off was the usual WWE freaks spent the whole time trashing him and calling him a boring small guy in advance of his presumed debut in AEW and then he had a big return on the main roster where they all started pretending like he would become the next Daniel Bryan type underdog. They were right the first time

I like Gargano enough but I don't know that we need to fill the "high level short white indy guy who is good but entirely unnecessary and comes with wife" niche that Roddy Strong already fills.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Also RE: Noam Dar, the only reason I know he's still employed is cause they keep putting him in the 2K games for some reason despite the fact the games are often missing most of NXT's champions and like, people that actually appear on TV sometimes.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

1glitch0 posted:

I like Gargano enough but I don't know that we need to fill the "high level short white indy guy who is good but entirely unnecessary and comes with wife" niche that Roddy Strong already fills.

...who's Roddy's wife?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

marina shafir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

forkboy84 posted:

Compared to what he'd have gotten working for ICW & a handful of other UK indies? Probably is unfortunately.

I can defo say without a doubt the top indy guys in the US make more than entry level NXT