Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Ohtani to the Giants please. Let him stay on the West Coast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1685743183865491456

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Very deeply funny that mcmagic can’t tell the difference between cubsposters just having fun and actual genuine trade/signing rumors

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Tekoah Roby is an 80-grade Cardinals name

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Goddammit Elias do something :negative:

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/ShiDavidi/status/1685743423729364992

Kloffenstein has been 2 years away for a couple years so whaatever

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Yankees should probably be taking advantage of the relief pitching market being stupid and sell high on some of their guys since they have basically been able to rinse-repeat finding these guys for the last like 10 years

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I don’t know poo poo about these guys. Are they any good?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
are any of these guys the cardinals got better than the org's 15th best prospect?

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Mike_V posted:

are any of these guys the cardinals got better than the org's 15th best prospect?

Robberse is 7th apparently.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Mike_V posted:

Robberse is the Jays 7th best prospect per MLB pipeline

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Fire Rob Thomson

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Very deeply funny that mcmagic can’t tell the difference between cubsposters just having fun and actual genuine trade/signing rumors

all cubsposting is cubsposters having fun, as well as front running the reality that ohtani is going to wrigleyville and will be cubsposter popete's friend

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Mike_V posted:

A real fan doesn't dick around in the concourse hoping to occasionally catch some game action. Busch III is gorgeous and the view of the Arch is sick.

Can't speak to the suites issue since I can't afford to sit in em

Also every team reports sellouts where people don’t show

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Criminal Minded posted:

Also every team reports sellouts where people don’t show

The Red Sox kept saying they had sellouts when a third of the stadium was empty before they finally admitted their sellout streak was over

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Anyone confused about why I think the Dodgers desperately need more pitching, take a look at the game today

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Well he also can’t tell the difference between “the Marlins want Gleyber but the Yankees want a bunch of pitching prospects” for “the Yankees are pining for mediocre pitchers”. So at least it’s consistent.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

bawfuls posted:

Anyone confused about why I think the Dodgers desperately need more pitching, take a look at the game today

:yikes:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
the divison leading O's could sign Ohtani to his billion dollar contract and still have an embarrassingly small payroll

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
Maryland's governor is going to be Mr. Splash at the game tonight and the Orioles still haven't signed a new lease

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Gleeman did report today that the Padres (and Mets) have interest in Trevor Larnach. That'd be a steep price for Hader alone but also the sort of move I could see Preller making.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paracaidas posted:

Gleeman did report today that the Padres (and Mets) have interest in Trevor Larnach. That'd be a steep price for Hader alone but also the sort of move I could see Preller making.

are you saying that's a steep price for the Twins to pay or a steep price for the Padres to pay?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Nodoze posted:

Yankees should probably be taking advantage of the relief pitching market being stupid and sell high on some of their guys since they have basically been able to rinse-repeat finding these guys for the last like 10 years

Completely agree. But they won't.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

IcePhoenix posted:

are you saying that's a steep price for the Twins to pay or a steep price for the Padres to pay?
Steep for the Twins to pay for a couple months of Hader, though I think I'm still higher on Larnach than most.

It is a framework I can see working given the Pads needs

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

STAC Goat posted:

Well he also can’t tell the difference between “the Marlins want Gleyber but the Yankees want a bunch of pitching prospects” for “the Yankees are pining for mediocre pitchers”. So at least it’s consistent.

Do you think the problem with the Yankees is that they don't have enough B level pitching prospects? I know you think that everything I say is wrong but if you can't see that the near to mid term future of the position players the Yankees are going to put be putting on the field is loving BLEAK you might not be paying that much attention.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

This may already have been posted.

For those who don’t want to open a Reddit link, it’s a pic of the scoreboard in Miami when Detroit’s Matt Vierling came up to bat.

Below his player pic, where normally is shown a note about the player, the text said “SINCE 1950 - DETROIT HAS LOST 65%of IT’S POPULATION”

Yes, the wrong use of “it’s” and the lack of space between 65 and % is exactly how it appeared.

Kind of a low blow IMO, but also kind of funny considering Miami will be losing at least 65% of its land mass to the sea over the next few decades.

https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/c...nt=2&utm_term=1

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

mcmagic posted:

Do you think the problem with the Yankees is that they don't have enough B level pitching prospects? I know you think that everything I say is wrong but if you can't see that the near to mid term future of the position players the Yankees are going to put be putting on the field is loving BLEAK you might not be paying that much attention.

No I think that you are literally making up a complaint because the actual story was about the Marlins wanting Gleyber, not the Yankees shopping Gleyber or pursuing pitchers. That the return they would want are a bunch of pitchers hardly means they don’t want position players. It means those are the players the Marlins have they like. In a hypothetical lopsided deal they’re not reportedly pursuing.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

No I think that you are literally making up a complaint because the actual story was about the Marlins wanting Gleyber, not the Yankees shopping Gleyber or pursuing pitchers. That the return they would want are a bunch of pitchers hardly means they don’t want position players. It means those are the players the Marlins have they like. In a hypothetical lopsided deal they’re not reportedly pursuing.

If they aren't shopping him they are making a mistake. It's not like they are going to give him an extension.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Holy poo poo I hadn't noticed how bad severino's been, a 1.73 whip is a hell of a thing

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Holy poo poo I hadn't noticed how bad severino's been, a 1.73 whip is a hell of a thing

It's cool cause JUDGE IS BACK!!!!

and he's not loving playing tonight LMAO boone

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

mcmagic posted:

If they aren't shopping him they are making a mistake. It's not like they are going to give him an extension.

Are those goalposts heavy?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

SilvergunSuperman posted:

He has had a couple really ugly starts

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I don’t know poo poo about these guys. Are they any good?

Mike_V posted:

Both Roby and Saggese are in the 10 to 15 range in a stacked Rangers farm system. Both have some warts but could be good. Roby's had some health issues but has really good stuff and probably at least has a late inning bullpen arm floor if his arm stays attached. Saggese is a bit of a tweener in that he may not have enough glove to be an every day middle infielder, and he may not quite hit enough to be overly valuable anywhere else. Both have a good shot at contributing at the major league level though. King has potential but I'm just glad to see him gone. He's ridden the AAA shuttle all year and not been able to get major league hitters out terribly well this year.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Are those goalposts heavy?

The Yankees should A)be shopping him B) for position players because they need position players desperately.

No contradiction there.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

mcmagic posted:

The Yankees should A)be shopping him B) for position players because they need position players desperately.

No contradiction there.

The Marlins seem to be the team who want him most, or at all, and they have more pitching than hitting prospects

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I would have been there baking in the sun today if not for the rough stomach bug I'm just getting over, a blessing in disguise

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Mitch White is DFA'd so I'm good with all of Toronto's past and future trade acquisitions this deadline

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paracaidas posted:

Steep for the Twins to pay for a couple months of Hader, though I think I'm still higher on Larnach than most.

It is a framework I can see working given the Pads needs

I think Larnach is what he is at this point and that the Twins have better options that fill the same roster spot he does so I'd probably do it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nodoze posted:

The Marlins seem to be the team who want him most, or at all, and they have more pitching than hitting prospects

It goes back to what I said when people criticized the Rangers going for Scherzer. You improve yourself how you can with what’s available and who is willing to deal. It’s not a video game where you can just target who you want and throw stuff at it. It’s not a bunch of fans just deciding “trade him for Juan Soto!” It’s reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

maffew buildings posted:

were the four bearded white men in bulletproof vests with rifles guarding the stadium from trans CRT groomers and the other kind of wrong people there this time? they really made me hate the experience of a Cardinals home game even more

Not that I saw, thank god. Plenty of "he gets us" ads all over though.

Mike_V posted:

A real fan doesn't dick around in the concourse hoping to occasionally catch some game action. Busch III is gorgeous and the view of the Arch is sick.

Can't speak to the suites issue since I can't afford to sit in em

The view is great inside, absolutely. One of the best in the game! I'm not dicking around, I can post a pic of my completed scorecard if you want. But I also like to a) walk around ballparks before the game and see the view of the field from different angles, b) purchase food and beverages from vendors while still being able to watch the game

Wrigley obviously sucks for this but it was built during The Great War so I give it a bit of a pass.

Kauffman by contrast was great to just wander around before the game. Coors, Oracle, Comiskey, PNC, Nats park, Progressive, probably others I'm missing are also great for this, and all of those except Nats park I think were built before Busch III.

I'm too broke for the suites too, the numbering is just super confusing. I've been to a lot of ballparks, the signage and layout was just more confusing at Busch than just about anywhere. And since you can't see anything except the cinder block hallway you're in, it's hard to orient yourself.

Also gently caress the Cardinals