Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
The one where a teenager is singing that she's a bad girl when she's sitting on a man doing pish ups?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Brigadier Sockface posted:

The one where a teenager is singing that she's a bad girl when she's sitting on a man doing pish ups?

Billie Eilish's Bad Guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyDfgMOUjCI

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

bro if I don't figure out what that song is I may "pull a lowtax" so to speak because it's been stuck in my head as an obtrusive thought since I heard it lol

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
that would be even sadder than lowtax pulling a lowtax so uhh don't do that

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

nah I'm good if it really comes down to it I can splice together a version of the track that doesn't have sad lowtax rambling over it. thanks all

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Grabbing a post

Edit: dammit, trying to track down a metal or metal adjacent song, theres a lot of harmony on the chorus, kinda high pitched and not growly, and I could have sworn the lyrics in the chorus went "I'll give you hell, I'll show you hell" at one point but my searches either yield nothing or 100k hits

The Chad Jihad fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 16, 2023

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

The Chad Jihad posted:

Grabbing a post

Edit: dammit, trying to track down a metal or metal adjacent song, theres a lot of harmony on the chorus, kinda high pitched and not growly, and I could have sworn the lyrics in the chorus went "I'll give you hell, I'll show you hell" at one point but my searches either yield nothing or 100k hits

Grim Reaper's "See you in Hell" has the metal, the harmonized chorus, the kind of high pitched singer, and they talk a lot about seeing you in hell in the chorus.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

The Chad Jihad posted:

Grabbing a post

def not metal but lyrics reminds me of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxUATkpMQ8A

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
I'm looking for an old school (like early 80s I think) punk song that sounds a lot like U2s "I will follow". Yeah I know I sound like a crazy person but I remember hearing a song like this in the 90s on an underground radio station. I remember it had a very distinct bassline. I want to say I think the band might be ChaosUK but I've looked high and low through their catalog and couldn't find a song like that.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

Charliegrs posted:

I'm looking for an old school (like early 80s I think) punk song that sounds a lot like U2s "I will follow". Yeah I know I sound like a crazy person but I remember hearing a song like this in the 90s on an underground radio station. I remember it had a very distinct bassline. I want to say I think the band might be ChaosUK but I've looked high and low through their catalog and couldn't find a song like that.

?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fZPRZm7yUQ

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Hey all! Big fan of goon musician Long Mouth Castle but I'm really struggling to find their music specifically from the Tiger and the Child album!

Can anyone help? Any and all links lead to dead Amazon or apple music links. I think I had the raw mp3 files a long time ago but I lost them :(

Ty!!

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Killingyouguy! posted:

This is the world's biggest shot in the dark, but if anyone is well versed in Japanese rock, visual kei, etc, then...

It was in Japanese obvs, male singer, voice wasn't especially deep. It was driven primarily by electric guitar and maybe synth. Sounded similar to TM Revolution but I don't think that's who it was? The title, translated by babelfish, had something about a gun and the phrase 'silver bullet' in it(? It may have been the gun that was silver) Don't remember the artist. It could not have been any newer than 2006 or 2007. I think I could hum it for you if you wanted. It was embedded in the background of a neopets anime guild

OK I need to post just to celebrate bc it WAS TM Revolution and after literally 20 years I finally found the neopets anime guild song.
idk why youtube doesn't have the full title but it's "魔弾~Der Freischutz~" and those kanji mean magic bullet. the german was probably throwing me off for years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-TILjNGbN4

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ironically when you said TMR sounding and guitar/synth led the first thing that came to mind was his song Mugen no Kokou, which this live video is from a live album tour that has the song you were looking for https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/UNDER:COVER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F_2SM5hH6E

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

fletcher posted:

What's the song playing in the background here? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl8tfne4r_s&t=69s

A few comments on the video asking about it, but no replies as to what the song is!

Ugh this one is driving me nuts still. $20 bounty via paypal if somebody figures it out!

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ruoumzd5BA

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

YESSSS FINALLY!!! You are amazing. PM me your paypal :)

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

fletcher posted:

YESSSS FINALLY!!! You are amazing. PM me your paypal :)

No worries , just donate it somewhere deserving

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

A LOVELY LAD posted:

No worries , just donate it somewhere deserving

:love:

$50 in your name went to MusiCares

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

fletcher posted:

:love:

$50 in your name went to MusiCares

Aw thats awesome, thanks and enjoy!

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

What Radiohead / The Smile song sounds like a blatant rip of the intro to GYBE - Rockets Fall on Rocket Falls? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dh_wnykggWM

I thought it was The Smile - The Same but listening back to back I'm not sure. I don't have a great ear for music but maybe the chord progression is the same? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4rDaqGv4AIE

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

regulargonzalez posted:

What Radiohead / The Smile song sounds like a blatant rip of the intro to GYBE - Rockets Fall on Rocket Falls? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dh_wnykggWM

I thought it was The Smile - The Same but listening back to back I'm not sure. I don't have a great ear for music but maybe the chord progression is the same? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4rDaqGv4AIE

sounds kind of like jigsaw falling into place to me. 2+2=5 does a similar thing too. I don't think any of them including The Same have the same chord progression exactly, but there are shared elements

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

e: nevermind

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
The title is something like 'I wish I was a kid', but could be wrong.
One of the lyrics is something like 'From a little sperm, to the urn'.
Sorry cant remember anything else.

bbobseq
Jul 1, 2023
I asked on Reddit a while back but had no luck.

Looking for a rap song from about 2005-2015 that sampled old movies like Zulu, African Queen, Mountains of the Moon, etc) and the lyrics were about colonialism, slavery etc.

Its tribal drumming samples sort of reminded me of JPEGMafia's Real Nega.

-thanks

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic
Back somewhere in the 80's I had a casette tape copy of an album that I can't find now for the life of me. I think it was titled 'Scott', the album art was hand drawn with a walkning, grinning dude wearing sunglasses and carrying a boombox, in the background there was a bunch of dinosaurs.

I only remember snippets of some of the song lyrics:

"Lovin'/Livin' aint easy, but I know..."

"Come fly away me with my darling, fly away with me..."

It was mostly a pop/dance album, the last song was more dramatic with orchestra/brass stuff going on.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

i heard this I think 70s soul or r and b song, it's pretty well known but couldn't make out the lyrics exactly. the chorus sounds like

just another dayyyyyy (and then while dayyyyyy is being held, another voice repeats "nother day, nother day, nother day") and then repeats

I'm sure that's not what they are actually saying, but that's the closest i could think of. anyone know?

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
Bill Withers - Lovely Day?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

yep thanks!

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

happyhippy posted:

The title is something like 'I wish I was a kid', but could be wrong.
One of the lyrics is something like 'From a little sperm, to the urn'.
Sorry cant remember anything else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHK-hLxqBWE

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

A little blast from the past came on the radio today and when I tried to Shazam the phone took over the audio.

but it starts with some story telling in a minor key, “they were arguing” or something like that, then the Chorus comes in with a rising riff and something like “anyone can see the SHAdows falling and ALL da dum dum”

Feel like it should be gettable..

Edit - to be clear, pretty sure those aren’t the actual words

Bucky Fullminster fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jul 30, 2023

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

Bucky Fullminster posted:

A little blast from the past came on the radio today and when I tried to Shazam the phone took over the audio.

but it starts with some story telling in a minor key, “they were arguing” or something like that, then the Chorus comes in with a rising riff and something like “anyone can see the SHAdows falling and ALL da dum dum”

Feel like it should be gettable..

Edit - to be clear, pretty sure those aren’t the actual words

Fastball - The Way

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

MarioOnTheComputer posted:

Fastball - The Way

Boom Shakka Lakka, thank you

edit - more specifically I think it was this remix:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMmXpVjy0VE

Original is such a great song.

e2 - and a hell of a lot of fun to play

Bucky Fullminster fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jul 31, 2023

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

A Grateful Dead song that gets a fair amount of radio airplay. It's noted for having a very similar melody to a Christian hymn.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

I was thinking "Touch of Grey" at first because it's the only song I can think of that gets any real airplay, but a completely random, unrelated post elsewhere makes me think it might be "Ripple"

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

TremorX posted:

I was thinking "Touch of Grey" at first because it's the only song I can think of that gets any real airplay, but a completely random, unrelated post elsewhere makes me think it might be "Ripple"

That's it!

Yeah, should have added that it's not one of the twenty minute live jams. "Touch of Grey" is also a pretty cool song but it definitely wouldn't have been that one.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Wait so what Christian hymn is said to be similar to ripple?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Wiki says it’s Because He Lives.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

That's it!

Yeah, should have added that it's not one of the twenty minute live jams. "Touch of Grey" is also a pretty cool song but it definitely wouldn't have been that one.

That's some wild kismet then, I saw this post, then a couple minutes later was dicking around on Facebook and an older dude I know posted that song. I'd never heard it but I was like "yeah this might be the one."

So here's a weird request:
I don't remember anything at all about the song, but there was a music video in the middish 1980s I've been trying to figure out what it was. It was some heavy-metal glam rock looking dudes, and the main singer I guess was dressed up kind of like Rambo, and at one point a hand comes out of his mouth. They're all slinking around some post-apoc set, and there's a lot of smoke-machine mist and colored lighting. poo poo freaked me out as a kid and I've always wondered what it was.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Perfect, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Not 100% this is the right thread but there the song “He War” by Cat Power that’s in my brain rn. What’s keeping it there is the guitar line that plays above the main riff at about 0:25 if you want to listen. Im not sure if I’ve heard that line in a different song or if it got sampled? I swear I’ve heard it somewhere else.

Anyone know?