Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

kiimo posted:

I know we all know the cliches of camp but one I don't think we talk about enough is this one. The Chiefs receivers are looking really strong in camp so of course the conversations "what is wrong with the defense / secondary??" talks are happening. That reaction happens every camp and it's hilarious.

apparently the Lions defense got shredded on a red zone play in one of the first unpadded practices and people had perfectly rational responses to that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
News: https://twitter.com/bepryor/status/1685436082647711744?s=46&t=Qgh-eLhX8Q9jyz3EuqeiXA

Views: :hellyeah:

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
AAron getting saucy

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Koirhor posted:

AAron getting saucy

He's correct

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Aaron Rodgers isn't going to make the playoffs

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Koirhor posted:

AAron getting saucy

?? post the news not just the views

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

SKULL.GIF posted:

?? post the news not just the views

He said Payton needed to “keep Hacketts name out his mouth” because Aaron “I Think People in This Society Have a Hard Time Hearing the Truth Sometimes” Rodgers is his friend.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He said Payton needed to “keep Hacketts name out his mouth” because Aaron “I Think People in This Society Have a Hard Time Hearing the Truth Sometimes” Rodgers is his friend.

And then Payton apologized like a coward after speaking the goddamned truth.

e: that doesn't explain the thing I guess. Payton said Hackett was awful, which he was...pretty demonstrably. Rodgers called him out on doing that since he's buddies with Hackett. Then Payton apologized the next day.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Payton's apology was a classic "sorry that you're offended" and it's probably the first time I've ever appreciated one.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1685703525949378562?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

It’s the “You’re not wrong, Walter, you’re just an rear end in a top hat” take. Payton has always been an rear end in a top hat though.

And if he said it as motivation for his own team, which is pretty likely, then it probably motivates the team he’s playing W5 even more.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I cannot wait for the defense to pick Rodgers over and over and for Javonte to run amok and just demolish the Jets defense.

Wilson? Who's that??

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Diva Cupcake posted:

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1685703525949378562?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

It’s the “You’re not wrong, Walter, you’re just an rear end in a top hat” take. Payton has always been an rear end in a top hat though.

And if he said it as motivation for his own team, which is pretty likely, then it probably motivates the team he’s playing W5 even more.

I don’t think Payton gives a poo poo about bulletin board material, he just said what he really thinks which also what basically everyone else who watched the Broncos last year thinks.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
And let’s be real this wouldn’t be a thing if he wasn’t Rodgers boy

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I cannot wait for the defense to pick Rodgers over and over and for Javonte to run amok and just demolish the Jets defense.

Wilson? Who's that??

I thought it was funny that their alternate uniform reveal was all defensive players. The Wilson hype flipped from positive to negative so drat fast lol

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's funny because the main reason the Broncos hired Hackett in the first place was to attract Rodgers. Once Hackett ended up with a QB that couldn't run the entire offense for him we ended up with the magic that was the 2022 Denver Broncos.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t think Payton gives a poo poo about bulletin board material, he just said what he really thinks which also what basically everyone else who watched the Broncos last year thinks.

He forgot the part about Wilson stinking up the joint but otherwise sure.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Docjowles posted:

I thought it was funny that their alternate uniform reveal was all defensive players. The Wilson hype flipped from positive to negative so drat fast lol

Yeah I lolld at that too haha

King Hong Kong posted:

Gotta protect the quarterback!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I was sticking up for my friend
When there's nothing much to defend
It's a lost fight
it's a lost fight

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

King Hong Kong posted:

No, he said Russell stunk too.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Colts contemplating never signing anyone who has options ever again.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1685810254599032832?s=20

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

So wait Taylor has a hurt back now or is that just a convenient excuse

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Timing feels a lot like excuse to gently caress him over.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Timing feels a lot like excuse to gently caress him over.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Can't really punish someone with NFI, pretty sure he would just have to pass a physical to avoid it.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah somehow I think the PA would come down on that like the fist of an angry God if he wasn't injured.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Great way to win over potential free agents by going out of your way to gently caress over one of your best players for daring to want to be paid.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Mega64 posted:

Great way to win over potential free agents by going out of your way to gently caress over one of your best players for daring to want to be paid.

It's fine, no free agent wants to go to Indiana anyway.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

kiimo posted:

So wait Taylor has a hurt back now or is that just a convenient excuse

he failed the camp physical and is on PUP

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm pretty sure his agent is loving things up.

They have zero leverage, especially with him failing his physical. No team would trade for him, but the Colts wouldn't trade him anyway unless it was some crazy offer that involved a first. But that will not happen. It's he's on the NFI, this year of his contract rolls over into next year and delays him reaching free agency. If he sits out, he's an RFA and Colts control where he plays.

The best thing for him is to play the year out. The worst thing is if he goes on the NFI.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm pretty sure his agent is loving things up.

What's the opposite of "benefit of the doubt?" Whatever it is, I'm giving it to the guy who hired Jeff Saturday.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

BlindSite posted:

Yeah somehow I think the PA would come down on that like the fist of an angry God if he wasn't injured.

Has the PA ever done that before?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/jayt23/status/1685838099232747520?s=61&t=5XhQ3IY0TKf9sLs_Mzh2Lw

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'd want a trade too if I had to talk to Jim Irsay

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

fsif posted:

What's the opposite of "benefit of the doubt?" Whatever it is, I'm giving it to the guy who hired Jeff Saturday.

I'm only speaking in terms of leverage, not about all the other stuff.

No team is going to trade for him and offer him a high value contract extension right now. He was injured last year, and is seemingly injured now. Sitting out won't get him any closer to getting a big payday next year and it would be maybe another season or 2 before he got a big contract.

So the best way for him to get paid is to have a healthy, good season this year.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm only speaking in terms of leverage, not about all the other stuff.

No team is going to trade for him and offer him a high value contract extension right now. He was injured last year, and is seemingly injured now. Sitting out won't get him any closer to getting a big payday next year and it would be maybe another season or 2 before he got a big contract.

So the best way for him to get paid is to have a healthy, good season this year.

Oh, fair enough. You're probably right.

He and/or his agent must believe that if CMC got the haul he did last year, JT could be valued similarly. And conversely, if JT has a second down year in a row—in a season where he's going to be playing alongside an incredibly raw rookie QB—his value might similarly evaporate.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It sucks. I think he's a special player and he should get paid. But the market is not there.

Unless injuries linger though I wouldn't expect him to have a down year. I think the rushing attack is one thing that you can expect the Colts to do really well this year and JT would probably benefit from playing with Richardson.

It just seems like JT's only path to getting what he wants is to play this year and have a good year, unless some team is out there who will offer the Colts a first. But that's not gonna happen, and even then it's even more unlikely that same team would also extend him for like $15 million a year.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Miami might, honestly. They don’t give a poo poo about draft picks or money and McDaniel just saw his mentor spend the same on CMC.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I dunno. I think if they wanted a premium back they'd have paid Cook.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

tarbrush posted:

I dunno. I think if they wanted a premium back they'd have paid Cook.

If you want a shell of one sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

No, he said Russell stunk too.

That interview was pure apologia for Wilson and you should re-read it. The reason, according to Payton, he was bad was the bad coaching and the “20 dirty hands” not that he himself had “hit the wall.” Likewise, he explicitly blamed everyone else (and specifically not Wilson) for deferring to Wilson’s use of personal trainers, which is laughable.