Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Yeah the helmet is awful and I love it. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
space rats are a collection of space marines that came from street rats, but they cant shake their street rat ways. their primarch is cricket from always sunny. his face is hosed up enough that he fits the universe perfectly

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Dreylad posted:

plastic shot glasses work pretty well for me. i was mixing in the cup with an old paint brush but for primer especially (at least vallejo primer anyway) i found that as the primer got older there'd be some chunks in the primer that I would want to filter out in the cup first.

apparently the new magic amazon search term is "Souffle Cups" but "portion cups" should work well too

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07TL61SC3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
(CW: Canadian pricing.)

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

My Spirit Otter posted:

space rats are a collection of space marines that came from street rats, but they cant shake their street rat ways. their primarch is cricket from always sunny. his face is hosed up enough that he fits the universe perfectly

These guys sound much cooler than the Space Sharks or the Space Wolves tbh

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

https://army-forge.onepagerules.com/armyInfo?gameSystem=gf&armyId=hk70l4d471plza00

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Stationforge just released a mix of Admech/Ratmen for the combo we never knew we needed :

https://www.myminifactory.com/users/StationForge?show=tribe

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Southern Heel posted:

That’s really kind, thank you. The one thousandth point game used almost all of a Miniatures I have cash and to expand further really requires many more troopers. I think I’m going to sit on my hands until I have a game against my brother before I do any more!

I love 1000pts epic games. The list building is so fun, but not overly complex, and the games go so fast. My main opponent and I could usually get 2 games done in 3 hours. I still love a huge game, we've played as much as 5k, but the small games are just so much fun. Half my armies are built solely to be used at 1k.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Stationforge just released a mix of Admech/Ratmen for the combo we never knew we needed :

https://www.myminifactory.com/users/StationForge?show=tribe

I was just thinking yesterday that no one has ever done a Biker Mice from Mars army

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Siivola posted:

Yeah the helmet is awful and I love it. :allears:

I put one on my Wolf Priest on Bike

Aka primaris chaplain on bike

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Love the snow effect. How did you do it?

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Anyone got a US source for Luke APS stuff? The shipping is insane from any UK site.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lamuella posted:

Love the snow effect. How did you do it?

Vallejo snow diorama effects for the actual snow. The rest is just drybrushed off-white over stuff

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Springfield Fatts posted:

Anyone got a US source for Luke APS stuff? The shipping is insane from any UK site.

They have some US stockists/distributors listed on their website, I'd probably start there!

https://www.geekgamingscenics.com/pages/stockists

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Southern Heel posted:

Bit of a cheeky crosspost from the Miniature Wargaming thread but I really like how these figures have turned out on the table : nice and vibrant and readable from a distance:

Quoting this to thank you for the scatter recommendation. I bought some of the same Woodland Scenics scatter and it's perfect. I did mix equal parts burnt and green grass to give it a slightly more alive look though.

The little bugs are also really cute.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

Started on the first test attempt for my retro Blood Bowl team, using Nostalgia ‘94 paints from Warcolours. I’m not a good painter by any stretch of the imagination, but these are really quite nice for the effect I’m going for.

Colors used were Sunburst Yellow, shaded with some gradual mixes of Blood Red in the recesses and the deepest shadows with the Orange Wash, while the highlighting was with Skull White. Then an all-over glaze with the Yellow Glaze from the glaze set to add some richness. Blue and white are just straight from the bottle, with the Blue glaze to tone reinforce the darker areas.

I really, really like these paints, and it has definitely gotten my project to do a bunch of 2e Humans in the classic Bright Crusaders color scheme off the ground.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Jonny Nox posted:

apparently the new magic amazon search term is "Souffle Cups" but "portion cups" should work well too

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07TL61SC3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
(CW: Canadian pricing.)

I've been using ink cups from a local tattoo stockist that are pretty cheap by the 100.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Been using souffle cups for a while now. While very good, they're still not perfect. They eliminate the inner side ridges for strength, or measuring notches, that many cups have that your brush or mixing stick can catch on and fling paint everywhere. They still have that ridge on the bottom though, for strength, seen below. Paint can be hard to mix out of there, and there's a still a small chance your mixing stick hits the edge weird and you fling paint.

Someone could make a mint if they came up with the Perfect Paint Pot. I'd like to see something like a souffle cup, but with no ridge on the bottom, and give the bottom edge of the cup a very round profile, so no paint can hide down near the edge.

Disproportionation
Feb 20, 2011

Oh god it's the Clone Saga all over again.
Question: I'm looking for a way to tint metallic armour without just making it outright a metallic colour. Like, I'm looking for a way to make silver armour slightly purplish, but not outright purple, if that makes sense, maybe a metallic lilac or something like that. Is there anything anyone could recommend for that? I have some purple ink that I could try, but I don't know if I should opt for a pale contrast paint or something (probably dreadful visage or magos purple) considering that I probably wouldn't need use it for anything else.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Can I interest you in an oil wash?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Disproportionation posted:

Question: I'm looking for a way to tint metallic armour without just making it outright a metallic colour. Like, I'm looking for a way to make silver armour slightly purplish, but not outright purple, if that makes sense, maybe a metallic lilac or something like that. Is there anything anyone could recommend for that? I have some purple ink that I could try, but I don't know if I should opt for a pale contrast paint or something (probably dreadful visage or magos purple) considering that I probably wouldn't need use it for anything else.

metallic over a tinted base color instead of the usual pure black, add purple to your metallic paint, paint over it with a speedpaint, use a purple wash. all of these can work. if it's too purple you should add less purple pigment.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

6 parts Vallejo glaze medium, 4 parts water, 1 part purple ink - will give you what you’re after.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Can I use greenstuff to hold two pieces of plastic together?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

4 parts contrast medium
1 parts purple contrast paint

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

SuperKlaus posted:

Can I use greenstuff to hold two pieces of plastic together?

Yes but I recommend supergluing the greenstuff to the plastic as well if you want the connection to be permanent in any shape or form.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Hey guys gonna make a small black photography box, quick question would those circle lamps people use for youtuber content making be good?

This is what im thinking of getting:-

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jul 30, 2023

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Spanish Manlove posted:

4 parts contrast medium
1 parts purple contrast paint

Depends on which purple contrast paint because you could probably use Magos Purple straight outta the pot for that purpose. It is propely poo poo.

In other news the goatseskull has got some foliage now.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

goddamn that's cool

you should go 100% van wizard with it and write LIVE FAST/DIE YOUNG on either side

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

Another member of my Mordhiem warband done. God these are fun to paint after an army project!

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

X-posting from 40k thread

Painted my first 40k miniature since I was a teenager. I have been painting lots of 6mm stuff at least. I'm very pleased with how he turned out, I think I sunk about 4 hours into him though. The rest of the combat patrol won't be done for a long time at this rate. Taking the photo made me realize the seal still needs some writing. I might wait to do that until I get a bit more confidence.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Virtual Russian posted:

X-posting from 40k thread

Painted my first 40k miniature since I was a teenager. I have been painting lots of 6mm stuff at least. I'm very pleased with how he turned out, I think I sunk about 4 hours into him though. The rest of the combat patrol won't be done for a long time at this rate. Taking the photo made me realize the seal still needs some writing. I might wait to do that until I get a bit more confidence.

It's very Blanchitsu. Nice!

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Thanks, that was what always drew me to the Vostroyans. Blanche is 40k in my books, and nothing was more Blanche in my books than the Vostroyans.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Silhouette posted:

goddamn that's cool

you should go 100% van wizard with it and write LIVE FAST/DIE YOUNG on either side

Serve Well/Die Young

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

tehsid posted:

Another member of my Mordhiem warband done. God these are fun to paint after an army project!

I like his spoon

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

I did some chosen

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Geisladisk posted:

I did some chosen

And you did them really well

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Geisladisk posted:

I did some chosen

Very well done. I did just mentally have a thing where Ash says "i choose you" and throws out a pokeball with these mofos popping out.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Geisladisk posted:

I did some chosen

Yeah you did. :swoon:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Painted my first miniature in several years:

Terrible lighting due to it being night time, but I'm kind of happy with him! The visor is a bit brighter in person, I think the angle doesn't help there.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Flipswitch posted:

Painted my first miniature in several years:

Terrible lighting due to it being night time, but I'm kind of happy with him! The visor is a bit brighter in person, I think the angle doesn't help there.

Based on Twitter links a friend shares with me, that's well above average for a BT mech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

well done, that looks great!