Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the letter C?
Despise it.
Loathe it.
Hate it.
Ed Boon's parents were killed by the letter C section of a library and I personally, will not stand for this.
View Results

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Eagerly awaiting the reveal trailer for Noob Saibot (Hanzo Hasashi ver.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Buschmaki posted:

Yes, he made a japanese guy into a Chinese person for "stability" . . .?

Liu Kang wasn't content with just repeating Raiden's mistakes. He's exploring new ways to gently caress up.

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!

Orv posted:

Liu Kang
Hates: Shang Tsung

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I mean did you see what he did to the Tarkatans? They're a disease now.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
"Hmmmm how do I improve Raiden.... He wont be white anymore"

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
I heard Jax is white in this game

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here
On second thought, let's not go to Earth Realm. 'Tis a silly place.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I hope Edenia is in the story mode and it's actually a little bit dingy. Not like a shithole or anything, just enough so you're like "Y'all been talking this place up for decades and it's actually pretty meh. Like Pittsburgh has a better zoo than this."

Orv
May 4, 2011
Edenia just is the Pittsburgh Zoo. Jerrod was just really bored.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Reptile has been changed to Mammal? Wtf Liu Kang.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Reptile is just a mistransliteration of Ratpod from the original design documents. Just fifty cute rats in a big whiffle ball.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
If everyone remembers, Liu Kang became leader of the Nether Realm because he challenged Raiden after Shao Khan came to Earth Realm. Raiden knew or at least got flashes of how bad he hosed up, the previous timeline. MKX and 11 were honestly not bad beyond Liu thinking he's right and Raiden was wrong. I know Liu is gonna gently caress this up so much worse than Raiden ever could and I can't wait.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

PostNouveau posted:

It's Art, obviously

Art Lean was the best of us.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Diabetic posted:

If everyone remembers, Liu Kang became leader of the Nether Realm because he challenged Raiden after Shao Khan came to Earth Realm. Raiden knew or at least got flashes of how bad he hosed up, the previous timeline. MKX and 11 were honestly not bad beyond Liu thinking he's right and Raiden was wrong. I know Liu is gonna gently caress this up so much worse than Raiden ever could and I can't wait.

The best part is that it's literally eons in the making.

Liu Kang just spending all that time waiting for Raiden to be reborn to rub it in his face how much better he's been at the job than Raiden ever was, only for it to all come crashing down

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Liu Kang why did you make everyone Chinese?

Liu Kang: *shrugs*

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
I just remembered that weird subplot in MK11 where Jax is old and has dementia and Shang Tsung I think is manipulating him?

God MK11 was so long ago it feels like a fever dream

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

90sgamer posted:

I heard Jax is white in this game

And Sonia is black. Pulling the ol' switchaLiu on them.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Archer666 posted:

And Sonia is black. Pulling the ol' switchaLiu on them.

Gender swapped MK

Louise kang

Scorpiette

Quan-she

Sonny blade

Joanna cage

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Gavok posted:

He's DLC. Very expensive!

His finisher will involve literal Killer Tofu.
His second will be the Waffler Stomper.

Quail Man will be a Premium skin.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Orv posted:

Edenia just is the Pittsburgh Zoo. Jerrod was just really bored.

It's MarineLand in Ontario. Vast empty space that feels haunted and all the animals are sad.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

90sgamer posted:

I just remembered that weird subplot in MK11 where Jax is old and has dementia and Shang Tsung I think is manipulating him?

Jax is old, yeah, but it's Kronika tempting him with the ability to bring back his recently deceased wife, as well as reshuffle the deck so Jacqui's safe. Between that and his MKX PTSD, Jax had a lot of baggage by MK11.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Jax is haunted by the fact that his Revenant was the coolest look he's ever had.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Its kind of weird how Rambo's depiction in MK11 feels more true to the character than most of the movies.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXlDBE23l6U&t=33s

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

khwarezm posted:

Its kind of weird how Rambo's depiction in MK11 feels more true to the character than most of the movies.

As much as some of the licensed kharacters didn't do it for me I honestly sort of loved John Rambo tearing his way across Outworld. They even referenced First Blood in some of his stuff and I think some people forget that's not a action movie, that's a PTSD movie.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Random question from a non-thread regular. I haven't played MK since UMK3 when I was a kiddo but

Surely there was something incredibly degenerate in Sega Genesis MK I can abuse and get someone to try to brain me with a bottle, right?

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Shinji2015 posted:

The best part is that it's literally eons in the making.

Liu Kang just spending all that time waiting for Raiden to be reborn to rub it in his face how much better he's been at the job than Raiden ever was, only for it to all come crashing down

The best part? I for sure thought, ok we're finally going to see the original Kung Lao and get a tournament of ancient originals and ancestors. Nah Liu just kept everyone as is until the time frame he knows. I hope Johnny is even more dumb and somehow falls rear end backwards into bigger God/douche.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Dawgstar posted:

As much as some of the licensed kharacters didn't do it for me I honestly sort of loved John Rambo tearing his way across Outworld. They even referenced First Blood in some of his stuff and I think some people forget that's not a action movie, that's a PTSD movie.

That's the thing, its mostly inspired by first blood based on most of his dialogue, general attitude and especially his ending. No brave Mujahideen fighters here.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Boxman posted:

Random question from a non-thread regular. I haven't played MK since UMK3 when I was a kiddo but

Surely there was something incredibly degenerate in Sega Genesis MK I can abuse and get someone to try to brain me with a bottle, right?

I dunno about the exact changes the Genesis has but if you just want people to hate you do Sonya’s grab. Down LP LK Block (MK notation escapes me atm) and just do that forever.

Or just play like a modern online Scorpion and teleport attack forever.

Orv fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Aug 1, 2023

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

maruhkati posted:

It's MarineLand in Ontario. Vast empty space that feels haunted and all the animals are sad.

I always hated that place as a kid

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

watching some of the MK11 endings and man I hope Skarlet comes back, one of the most fun movesets in the game, killer design, total psychopath. Leave D'Vorah/Collector/Kotal behind, bring Skarlet back

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

DLC Inc posted:

watching some of the MK11 endings and man I hope Skarlet comes back, one of the most fun movesets in the game, killer design, total psychopath. Leave D'Vorah/Collector/Kotal behind, bring Skarlet back

*kollector

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

DLC Inc posted:

D'Vorah is so different and freaky though.

I don't need like 8 versions of Sub-Zero. Oh, Sub-Zero but a girl, Sub-Zero but he's a robot, gently caress all that. Leave behind the 30 generic special forces people too.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

MK11 Jade was extremely my jam as far as what I look for in a kharacter, but I had a lot of fun with Skarlet too. Would love for both those versions to come back at some point.

Shame it's very unlikely

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Shinji2015 posted:

MK11 Jade was extremely my jam as far as what I look for in a kharacter, but I had a lot of fun with Skarlet too. Would love for both those versions to come back at some point.

Shame it's very unlikely

You can just say you like zoners. Its ok.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Unbound posted:

You can just say you like zoners. Its ok.

lol yeah, I guess it does sound like I do, but I normally don't. I just like their normals a lot, and that they're both zoners happens to be secondary

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Shinji2015 posted:

lol yeah, I guess it does sound like I do, but I normally don't. I just like their normals a lot, and that they're both zoners happens to be secondary

Yeah, same, Jade immediately appealed to me for having a lot of reach her moves and has usually been my go-to in any MK she featured in. I'm fairly casual at fighting games and don't really go to deep into the technical side of it, but even I can appreciate "press button -> bonk a guy from half a screen away"

Speaking of me being a filthy casual, has there been any word on whether they're planning on doing something like SF6's "modern" mode that simplifies inputs for specials? Because gently caress me if I can reliably do Z-inputs or full circles.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Jade isn't really a zoner in MK11. You can play her that way, but you're basically skipping out on her terrifying mix-up + pressure game from Delia's Dance and her extremely good B3 string to throw subpar projectiles (with the exception of EX Air Glaive abuse).

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

D'Vorah is so different and freaky though.

I don't need like 8 versions of Sub-Zero. Oh, Sub-Zero but a girl, Sub-Zero but he's a robot, gently caress all that. Leave behind the 30 generic special forces people too.

I loved D'vorah in MKX but her moveset was hosed over so badly in MK11, idk what happened. She felt awful to play, a legit trash tier character. I also played a shitload of Kotal in both games but realize in storyline he's gotten jobbed out badly. I don't think even Reptile got hosed up as often lol.

I'd like to see the "new" woman Nightwolf hinted at in his ending, which likely isn't canon anymore in Liu Kang's world but at least now they can justify a totally new version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

exquisite tea posted:

Jade isn't really a zoner in MK11. You can play her that way, but you're basically skipping out on her terrifying mix-up + pressure game from Delia's Dance and her extremely good B3 string to throw subpar projectiles (with the exception of EX Air Glaive abuse).

That's a good point. I think it's partially because 90% of the time I saw one in Kombat League it was zoner morons who didn't know what to do if you could get past their things.

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, same, Jade immediately appealed to me for having a lot of reach her moves and has usually been my go-to in any MK she featured in. I'm fairly casual at fighting games and don't really go to deep into the technical side of it, but even I can appreciate "press button -> bonk a guy from half a screen away"

Speaking of me being a filthy casual, has there been any word on whether they're planning on doing something like SF6's "modern" mode that simplifies inputs for specials? Because gently caress me if I can reliably do Z-inputs or full circles.

If she does make it into MK1, either base roster or KP2, I really hope that she is more rushdown oriented. I want UMK3 AI Jade stuff.

Also, I am pretty sure MK had a psuedo-"modern" style in 11 in relation to directional inputs. IE Back > Forward in place of QCF. Command Grabs were still difficult though with Down > Back > Forward Button for most of them.