Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

MuddyFunster posted:

That is unbelievably lovely.

Well, that's unsettling. "Hahaha, comedy claw arm got the ship, how sill-JESUS CHRIST". I imagine that crew went into the situation like "Oh, it's those jackasses, this'll be a cinch."

Here's the full scene:

https://i.imgur.com/3CE70lG.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
to be fair to the pakleds, they didn't really destroy the solvang. it looks like the decision to warp after they grabbed a nacelle destroyed the ship

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I no longer feel sorry for them after watching the full scene

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

gently caress them, star trek owns

Counterpoint: Picard and Discovery and Nemesis

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

BonHair posted:

Counterpoint: Picard and Discovery and Nemesis

Into Darkness actually made me hate trek for a while.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

to be fair to the pakleds, they didn't really destroy the solvang. it looks like the decision to warp after they grabbed a nacelle destroyed the ship

It seems more like it was the fact that it crushed right as they jumped - when Cerritos gets latched, Ransom orders a warp too, so maybe they were expecting it would just rip the grapple off.

Either way, the Solvang was defeated already. Cerritos gets caught in the same situation but Freeman realises what must have happened to the Solvang and cancels the warp order, and they end up like this instead:

And are immediately pulled in and they begin cutting the ship up into pieces. Only made it out with a hail mary plan, suicide mission, and the fortunate intervention of the Titan at the last minute.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 30, 2023

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
I love how when the Pakled ship comes out of warp it sheds a ton of debris.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

It's time for everyone's favourite game: Trek Showrunner or Internet Nazi!

You have three guesses to pick who in that picture is the actual for real Star Trek showrunner, the rest are avowed white supremacist YouTubers. Choose wisely.

We need to erase fandoms from the timeline

DavidCameronsPig
Jun 23, 2023

nine-gear crow posted:

It's time for everyone's favourite game: Trek Showrunner or Internet Nazi!

You have three guesses to pick who in that picture is the actual for real Star Trek showrunner, the rest are avowed white supremacist YouTubers. Choose wisely.

God imagine sitting on the Youtube signup page, writing the words 'Salty Nerd' and not then immediately closing the browser, turning off the computer, and going off to rethink every decision you've made in your entire life that brought you to that moment.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

DavidCameronsPig posted:

God imagine sitting on the Youtube signup page, writing the words 'Salty Nerd' and not then immediately closing the browser, turning off the computer, and going off to rethink every decision you've made in your entire life that brought you to that moment.

YouTube and other sites like it basically do everything in their power to ensure accounts like that get high visibility and monetization because they drive engagement overall, so if you’re already a piece of poo poo in private it’s kind of a no-brainer to make it public online and get paid for it.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

MikeJF posted:

It seems more like it was the fact that it crushed right as they jumped - when Cerritos gets latched, Ransom orders a warp too, so maybe they were expecting it would just rip the grapple off.

They took a hit to main engineering too.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Also the Solvang's Captain had already lost one ship and was not great under pressure.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I don't even think the captain knew they'd been grappled at that point, just that they'd taken another hit.

MuddyFunster
Jan 31, 2020

FUN you, EARHOLE
Up The Long Ladder: RIDDLE-DEE-DEE, HERE'S DE 'TING, SWAYT MERCY, MAGGAAAAY, WE GUT A HORT MAAN HURRR etc. I'd imagine Colm Meaney was loving livid with this nonsense. And the worst thing is, it feels like spinning wheels for 25 minutes before the actual plot with the clones kicks in and that's... That's also loving terrible. Rather than doing a shipwide poll or anything, Picard and Riker (who is especially pissy and self important here) just decide "Nope, not helping, I reckon the entire crew would agree". Are you JOKING? I'd let myself be cloned, that'd be sick.

And then that ending, which was... Certainly a thing!

If there's a bright spot in it, it is surprisingly Pulaski and Worf's stuff, which quickly gets left by the wayside once ORRR NORRR, ME CHICKUNS kicks in.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

MikeJF posted:

Either way, the Solvang was defeated already. Cerritos gets caught in the same situation but Freeman realises what must have happened to the Solvang and cancels the warp order, and they end up like this instead:

And are immediately pulled in and they begin cutting the ship up into pieces. Only made it out with a hail mary plan, suicide mission, and the fortunate intervention of the Titan at the last minute.

Sucks for the one or two crewmen who are stationed in that nacelle.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DavidCameronsPig posted:

I've picked some stupid internet handles over the years, present one included, but I would fold myself over backwards the wrong way and FedEx myself directly to the surface of Venus if I ever for a second considering picking a handle like TheVengefulDork or Nerdgasmic or The Interrogative Drunkard. Especially because like basically all of the people in that picture, Matalas included are basically just "What if The Nostalgia Critic was hella racist?"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mooseontheloose posted:

Also the Solvang's Captain had already lost one ship and was not great under pressure.

I mean people failing upward in Starfleet or facing basically zero consequences for failure is the most realistic part of Star Trek so far, so I totally buy that Starfleet just gave her a pristine new California-class because her last one was a no-fault insurance write off.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

I mean people failing upward in Starfleet or facing basically zero consequences for failure is the most realistic part of Star Trek so far, so I totally buy that Starfleet just gave her a pristine new California-class because her last one was a no-fault insurance write off.

Starfleet Insurance:

In which manner did you lose your ship?
[ ] - Hostile Galactic Power
[ ] - Unknown Alien Encounter
[ ] - Unexpected/Heretofore unknown anaomly
[ ] - Space possession
[ ] - Space God
[ ] - Crossing the galactic barrier
[ ] - Other, please explain

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Mooseontheloose posted:

Starfleet Insurance:

In which manner did you lose your ship?
[ ] - Hostile Galactic Power
[ ] - Unknown Alien Encounter
[ ] - Unexpected/Heretofore unknown anaomly
[ ] - Space possession
[ ] - Space God
[ ] - Crossing the galactic barrier
[☑️] - Other, please explain

*fills in longhand*
Weird...rear end...masks.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Would Khan fall under the 'hostile galactic power' or 'space God' category?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
You can check as many boxes as you would like

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Fighting Trousers posted:

*fills in longhand*
Weird...rear end...masks.

From: Starfleet Insurance and Requisition HQ (insurance@starfleet.terran)

Hi,

Again? Really?

I'll need the crew logs and all the data from the ships computer.

Just, maybe stay away from weird comets next time.

Thanks,

Lt. P'Nerious

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Starfleet Insurance probably has an entire division dedicated entirely to Kirk. The 'Ripped Shirt' desk alone had steady work for years.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jul 31, 2023

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

The sheer amount of paperwork required for the "lost shuttlecraft" claims across all of Starfleet was enough to strain even the planetary-scale document printers of Xeroxia III.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Would Khan fall under the 'hostile galactic power' or 'space God' category?

Probably should of added piracy as an option.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!
I’m now envisioning Voyager getting to Earth and Janeway sending a ridiculously long claim for everything which happened over the past 7 years…

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
imagine getting so old that you start making insurance claim jokes about starfleet of all organizations

Only registered members can see post attachments!

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Zaroff posted:

I’m now envisioning Voyager getting to Earth and Janeway sending a ridiculously long claim for everything which happened over the past 7 years…

"Re: shuttles; unsure how you're claiming twenty destroyed shuttles when you set out with six and somehow came home with eight. Please note that shuttles acquired from non-Federation powers are not eligible for reimbursement upon destruction.

Accounting of expended photon torpedoes still makes no sense, and the Fraud team is getting suspicious. Please resubmit ASAP.

All Borg-related claims are hereby denied on the grounds that it was always you antagonizing them. Our curiosity regarding what the hell you were thinking is sadly beyond the scope of this process."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Zaroff posted:

It's why Starfleet made her a vice admiral immediately upon Voyager's return to drydock. They just rubberstamped all the paperwork and kicked her upstairs rather than litigate any of it.

Picard at least had to total TWO Enterprises before he got his stars.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

It's why Starfleet made her a vice admiral immediately upon Voyager's return to drydock. They just rubberstamped all the paperwork and kicked her upstairs rather than litigate any of it.

Picard at least had to total TWO Enterprises before he got his stars.

That's the thing: Picard hosed around near home and got two Enterprises destroyed. Janeway took a smaller, weaker ship and made it home across the entire fuckin Delta Quadrant. Points to Janeway.

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.
So let me get this straight, you are claiming your 190,000 metric tonne starship was stolen and destroyed by joyriders? And it was taken from inside your own spacedock?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Also I know it's technically the wrong thread but I don't care I just watched the lower decks/snw crossover and it was a blast.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I just watched "Statistical Probabilities" and uhh that episode sure did make some choices in how it portrayed its neurodivergent characters.

Like Rain Man Jake was pretty loving annoying, but the one woman's flaw that required her to be in an institution was that she was slutty? That got an actual what the gently caress out of me.

You gotta tell me the whole story on that because these people were supposed to be locked up for their own safety. Bashir even has the line saying it's not actually illegal to be modified, it just prohibits you from being in certain roles (getting the procedure done is illegal as we saw with his father). So was she luring men to their dooms or something because this is a ridiculously horny series to begin with so I can't imagine that she was doing anything bad enough to warrant being kept in an institution just based on what we saw.

Arivia posted:

Also I know it's technically the wrong thread but I don't care I just watched the lower decks/snw crossover and it was a blast.

Indeed.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Mooseontheloose posted:

From: Starfleet Insurance and Requisition HQ (insurance@starfleet.terran)

Hi,

Again? Really?

I'll need the crew logs and all the data from the ships computer.

Just, maybe stay away from weird comets next time.

Thanks,

Lt. P'Nerious

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jul 31, 2023

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Atlas Hugged posted:

Like Rain Man Jake was pretty loving annoying, but the one woman's flaw that required her to be in an institution was that she was slutty? That got an actual what the gently caress out of me.

Yeah, it wasn't clear why she has to be institutionalized while Lwaxana gets to represent the Federation.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

MuddyFunster posted:

Up The Long Ladder: RIDDLE-DEE-DEE, HERE'S DE 'TING, SWAYT MERCY, MAGGAAAAY, WE GUT A HORT MAAN HURRR etc. I'd imagine Colm Meaney was loving livid with this nonsense. And the worst thing is, it feels like spinning wheels for 25 minutes before the actual plot with the clones kicks in and that's... That's also loving terrible. Rather than doing a shipwide poll or anything, Picard and Riker (who is especially pissy and self important here) just decide "Nope, not helping, I reckon the entire crew would agree". Are you JOKING? I'd let myself be cloned, that'd be sick.

And then that ending, which was... Certainly a thing!

If there's a bright spot in it, it is surprisingly Pulaski and Worf's stuff, which quickly gets left by the wayside once ORRR NORRR, ME CHICKUNS kicks in.
Up the Long Ladder is definitely a bottom 5 TNG episode for sure. If Code of Honor was never made it's probably the worst episode of the series.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Angry Salami posted:

Yeah, it wasn't clear why she has to be institutionalized while Lwaxana gets to represent the Federation.

If I wanted to be generous I think she's meant to be less slutty and more like a monomaniacal fixation? They didn't really do a good job of portraying her issue whatever it was meant to be though.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Yeah the Memory Alpha article says her problem is being delusional and believing everyone is obsessed with her, not just being horny. The actress mentions trying to play her with a bit of a Hannibal Lector vibe.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah the Memory Alpha article says her problem is being delusional and believing everyone is obsessed with her, not just being horny. The actress mentions trying to play her with a bit of a Hannibal Lector vibe.

Again, Lwaxana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Just don't get between ME and the nice chianti!