Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

most influencers on social media use enough filters and fake bullshit that they already looked like AI creations anyway so why not cut out the middleman and just fabricate it all

just the logical next evolution in the look at me lifestyle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

kazil posted:

also, Yacc attack!

Yacc has a lifeboat all to herself so what is she worried about? Just tweet/X/repost, sip wine from a camelbak, and enjoy the show!~

73023_3rd
Jul 31, 2023
the twitter sign falling like the crane in NYC

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm pretty sure her lifeboat involves Elon honoring a contract; I'd definitely keep a back up plan.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
A parachute if you will.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Waffle House posted:

Musk, buying Twitter after years of not being in the social media game where bots and seemingly fluffy internal infrastructure have become the business-essential and critical norm:

Twitter is obviously not a well-oiled machine, I am going to come in here with a hammer like a loving malignancy bringing all my personal demons and emotions in along with me to these cucks and do this *right*

*rips the entire available energy to shreds and dances in the moonlight howling my life's story of exertion*

It’s hard to remember with all the junk and insanity, but the bot thing was just an excuse he made up to try to get out of the sale. At some point he forgot, himself, that it was a fake reason and started believing it was a problem to be solved. He’s just as bad at solving the bot problem as he is at solving anything

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Did anyone say Yacco yet

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.

Lamech posted:

I want the Grandpa Burger from that A&W Canada. Wow they have a bunch more burgers than A&W USA

Elon sucks
A&W in Canada is a top tier fast food place. As far as I know, it's a separate and very different company from the US chain.

Their burgers and onion rings are loving great.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

poisonpill posted:

It’s hard to remember with all the junk and insanity, but the bot thing was just an excuse he made up to try to get out of the sale. At some point he forgot, himself, that it was a fake reason and started believing it was a problem to be solved. He’s just as bad at solving the bot problem as he is at solving anything

or he's continuing to use it as the flimsiest cover for his incompetence.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm pretty sure he's only aggravating things, because he'll yell at employees to do something about bots if he's in a mood, but will fire people if any fix involves reducing his follower count.

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe

Wee posted:

DIY user base.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

If only the AI chicks had wheels like Demver

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

There's a 24 hour A&W across the street and I'm trying really hard to spend less money on take out but now I want to go. Thanks a lot.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'm super jealous of Canadian A&W, every one I've been to in the states has had good root beer, but everything else is mediocre at best. Next you'll be telling me they have poutine up there

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

poisonpill posted:

Earlier in the thread: His follower count was...80% bots? Something like that?

Just loving lol

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

greatBigJerk posted:

A&W in Canada is a top tier fast food place. As far as I know, it's a separate and very different company from the US chain.

Their burgers and onion rings are loving great.

Getting my soda in a giant frosted mug is an amazing experience that I have yet to see any other fast food joint replicate.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

poisonpill posted:

That was some delightful flailing, because it wouldn't have mattered if Twitter was 99% bots, since he signed a contract that said "I'm a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt smells and I like to kiss my own butt."

"And I waive due diligence."

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

just remembering there was an AI rapper who was performed by white people pretending to be black

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJAiiyFJzUk

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Getting my soda in a giant frosted mug is an amazing experience that I have yet to see any other fast food joint replicate.

They stopped doing that at all the ones in my area (USA)...

The burgs n onion rings are still p good tho!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Yoshi Wins posted:

"And I waive due diligence."

This, and language like this, in contracts are odiously and legally unreasonable by all means I can conjecture. This also includes where the defense is trying to do a dance of adequate convenience to support it.

e:

The Saddest Rhino posted:

just remembering there was an AI rapper who was performed by white people pretending to be black

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJAiiyFJzUk

The controversy depicted here about this project was obviously its highwater mark. The hot air and puffery to actual impact and coolness ratio pegged a debt lever really hard somewhere. It's even further deflating to see that this was like a small blink of several rich family-friends with tons of money spending on their grandson or whatever to accomplish this.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jul 31, 2023

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Did that pedo guy Elon unbanned ever post his list of pedo friends?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Pretty sure I read this William Gibson novel.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
There is a Grimes thread ya know.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I’m a bit behind in this thread.

Are we still saying anyone who still has a twitter account should be excoriated and humiliated and shamed, and simultaneously saying anyone who works for the company on an h1b should be pardoned, or

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

MrMojok posted:

Are we still saying anyone who still has a twitter account should be excoriated and humiliated and shamed, and simultaneously saying anyone who works for the company on an h1b should be pardoned, or

Everyone should be put in a cartoon blender until we’re one big angular mess of limbs until a cat with a big hammer smashes us into tiny shards of glass so a mouse with a broom and dustpan can sweep the shards back into separate piles, use a rolling pin to smooth us out into flat versions of ourselves, then inflate us back to normal with a bike pump

e: in minecraft

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Kit Walker posted:

Everyone should be put in a cartoon blender until we’re one big angular mess of limbs until a cat with a big hammer smashes us into tiny shards of glass so a mouse with a broom and dustpan can sweep the shards back into separate piles, use a rolling pin to smooth us out into flat versions of ourselves, then inflate us back to normal with a bike pump

e: in minecraft
you didn't by any chance get permabanned for posting your fairy torture fanfic to the minecraft mod thread did you

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

MrMojok posted:

we've decided that all muskovites must stand before the tribunal and be judged

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Ghostlight posted:

you didn't by any chance get permabanned for posting your fairy torture fanfic to the minecraft mod thread did you

No I got permabanned because I drew a picture of an ordinary child on the side of a mountain and a mod ran into it

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

MrMojok posted:

Yes, and mods probing people for saying that Musk deserves bad things to happen to him because that's the morally correct position

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

What if I frame it in the larger context of guillotining every billionaire on earth?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

You wish death upon one billionaire, that's a 6er. You wish death for all of them...that's just common sense

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 37 hours!
it's fine for mods to probe people wishing violence, however they should also probe anyone who wishes musk well

it's only fair

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Kingo Ligma posted:

No they haven't. Lowtax lied about it happening once, that's it.

While assuming everything lowtax said was a lie is a solid rubric, this happpened - the agents made accounts lol

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm super jealous of Canadian A&W, every one I've been to in the states has had good root beer, but everything else is mediocre at best. Next you'll be telling me they have poutine up there

Can’t speak for it but it is an option

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

I'm the FBI and you're all in a lot of trouble.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

sebmojo posted:

While assuming everything lowtax said was a lie is a solid rubric, this happpened - the agents made accounts lol

My tax dollars paid for Something Awful forum accounts? That is the worst thing US tax dollars have ever been spent on.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Big X is gonna fall off the building and kill a family, and Elon’s gonna tweet X some crying laughing emojis, and then the San Fran PD is gonna tweet X a bunch of angry face emojis, and McDonalds is gonna tweet X about how they’re thinking about pulling advertising but then not follow through on it.

All of his bots are gonna call it based, and yahoo finance and business insider will have 77 articles asking if it was really a flub or was it actually a 4d chess move??

We’ll all be disappointed but not surprised.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
mods are cops confirmed

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
Nature's most perfect food ->

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

vaginite posted:

Big X is gonna fall off the building and kill a family, and Elon’s gonna tweet X some crying laughing emojis, and then the San Fran PD is gonna tweet X a bunch of angry face emojis, and McDonalds is gonna tweet X about how they’re thinking about pulling advertising but then not follow through on it.

All of his bots are gonna call it based, and yahoo finance and business insider will have 77 articles asking if it was really a flub or was it actually a 4d chess move??

We’ll all be disappointed but not surprised.

Elmo would make some vaguepost about how he needs to work on his "people skills" and next day he would put up 15 more X's to fall on 15 more families.