Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
I'm hoping that Ballard can smooth things over. Besides, if it's obvious JT wants a big time extension, who is really handing those out to RBs in today's NFL? You'd have to give up draft picks and the extension. It only makes sense for the Colts to resign him, as they have the value of his cheap years already under their belt. To be real, he could get a 3 year extension for like $50M and he'd be a Top 5 RB contract and that's pocket change in the NFL.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jul 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Soul Glo posted:

Johnathan Taylor requested a trade after meeting with Irsay today

lol, lmao, Titan up

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The titans gave Derrick Henry a big second contract and he immediately had a 2000 yard season. Lol that the colts won’t pony up for the third best RB in the division

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

EvilBeard posted:

I'm hoping that Ballard can smooth things over. Besides, if it's obvious JT wants a big time extension, who is really handing those out to RBs in today's NFL? You'd have to give up draft picks and the extension. It only makes sense for the Colts to resign him, as they have the value of his cheap years already under their belt. To be real, he could get a 3 year extension for like $50M and he'd be a Top 5 RB contract and that's pocket change in the NFL.

Yeah my guess is things eventually get worked out. I don't think the Colts will trade him and if he sits out they will probably live with it and go with the RBs they have.

I think he'll end up playing. But if not, hey, that means it's better odds for the Colts to tank and draft Marvin Harrison Jr.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
the indianapolis copes

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Jonathan Taylor? You mean that dork that only ran for 54 yards against the Jags last year?

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah my guess is things eventually get worked out. I don't think the Colts will trade him and if he sits out they will probably live with it and go with the RBs they have.

I think he'll end up playing. But if not, hey, that means it's better odds for the Colts to tank and draft Marvin Harrison Jr.

From what I was reading today, Ballard has basically taken the stance that he wants to see everyone working under Steichen for a season, and they'll talk. Has mentioned that he loves Pittman, but they'll talk after the season. I just feel like JTs team is going a little overboard with this a year early. I get it that RB salaries are declining and he's overplayed his contract, he wants compensation. I think there's just a more productive way to get there.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lol saying Taylor went overboard for wanting security and not end up like the hbs this year

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
JT: I want the long term deal i have earned
Irsay: if you die no one would care
JT: I demand a trade

Colt fan: jt being dramatic

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
For me it's that he's not even healthy and the season hasn't even started. If this was November, I could see the trade demand. Get healthy, start producing again, and then lean on the team.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Or he can sit out the season and not have to spend a year risking getting injured for a team that's suddenly making the Texans look competent.

Do right by the loving people who play for your team.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Soul Glo posted:

the indianapolis copes

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Metapod posted:

JT: I want the long term deal i have earned
Irsay: if you die no one would care
JT: I demand a trade

Colt fan: jt being dramatic

No no, Irsay said if HE died, no one would care.

I would like JT to get paid what he's worth, but with the RB market as is, it won't happen this year. And then this is happening:

https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/status/1685812764726448129

So it's kind of a mess, and I get why they aren't going to extend him right now. Hopefully they do pay him the salary this year, but who knows.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
He’ll look very good as a raider next season.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bismack Billabongo posted:

He’ll look very good as a raider next season.

If they put him on the NFI, this season tolls into the next so he's not a FA until 2025. If he sits, he has only three accrued seasons which makes him an RFA unstead of UFA so the Colts can pretty much control where he plays. If he does play this year the Colts could still franchise tag him for next year.

JT has no leverage which makes this whole thing super weird, especially asking for a trade after failing a physical. He also wants 16 million which nobody is paying any RB, but especially someone who isn't healthy.

Right now it sure does seem like his new agent is loving everything up with some bad advice.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

the indianapolis copes

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Wow..

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Remember a few years ago when people in the media were saying how Jonathan Taylor is the best rb in the nfl? Lol

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Same poo poo every year…blog boys of the world anoint a new best running back…they fail miserably as Derrick Henry trucks on to yet another record breaking season…a steady diet of carries, incredible statistical performance and next level stiffarms, deceptive speed and grimy hair…Titan up

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
whenever my 6 year old sees Derrick Henry she marks out like she's seeing the Beatles for the first time

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Demon Of The Fall posted:

whenever my 6 year old sees Derrick Henry she marks out like she's seeing the Beatles for the first time

same

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

the titans should extend derrick henry imo

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Soul Glo posted:

the titans should extend derrick henry imo

This. This!!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

they should trade him to the texans for a seventh round pick

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lmao Zach moss (Taylor's backup) immediately breaks his arm

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Metapod posted:

Evan Hull SZN

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

indianaLOLis copes preseason is really on one this year

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Metapod posted:

Hassan Haskins is available for a bag of jockstraps at this point

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Zach Moss out 4-6 weeks with broken arm. Get in them pockets, Jim.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
William Pants threw a hundred touchdowns in camp today, meanwhile lazy anthony Richardson got nose surgery so he can snort adderall better with irsay using the crumpled fifties they were gonna give to Jonathan Taylor. Pathetic

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Big Jeff

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

thats right

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Not a Guillaume Pantalones fan.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Tough poo poo, bitch

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
that big jeff tho

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

EvilBeard posted:

Zach Moss out 4-6 weeks with broken arm. Get in them pockets, Jim.
we have a slightly used Snoop Connor that you could get right now for the small cost of a third rounder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow